A Culture Of Losing With Victory In Hand

...............An average fan may have 1-2 of these in their lifetime.  It’s hard to lose when you’re up 14-20 in the 4th quarter.  This franchise owes us something.  A 3 peat better be in the cards in my lifetime...lol

1. 1980 Playoffs: Falcons blow 14 point lead to Boys
  2. 2011: Falcons blow 14 point lead to Packers
  3. 2011: Falcons blow 14 point lead to 49ers
  4. 2012 NFC Playoffs: Falcons lead Seahawks 27-7 in 4th quarter
  5. 2012 NFCCG: Falcons lead 49ers 17-0
  6. 2014: Falcons lead Lions 21-0
  7. 2014: Falcons blow 14 point lead to Colts
  8. 2016 Super Bowl: 28-3
  9. 2016: Falcons blow 17 point lead to Chargers
  10. 2017: Falcons blow 18 point lead to Dolphins
  11. 2020: Falcons lead Boys 29-6
  12. 2020: Falcons lead Bears 26-10 in 4th
  • FalconsIn2012 changed the title to A Culture Of Losing With Victory In Hand

Honeslty.. reagardless of a failed 4th down, failed 3rd down, failed couple of possessions, failed 3rd defensively, etc. We should've won more games up to this point. I dont doubt Quinn is a stand up guy, but he has to go. He is not head coach material. Hopefully its not too late...

Edited by FalconsAllDayUrDay
14 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I feel bad for fans who've been here since the 60s and 70s.  Not only have they waited forever for a glimmer of joy; they also might not live long enough to ever see it because they're getting old.

I know I am.

Same here I have been watching these clowns since the 80's as a child. Don't think we will ever see win the bowl in my time. 

I love my Kins and have been a fan since 72. I know the difference between being a fan and cheering for the winner. I am a fan and I will be a fan next year and next decade. But yeah, on some level I feel like we are owed a little more effort.  I don’t expect a Super Bowl. I expect 55 players and a staff demanding more out of themselves.  When you set high standards you get high results. 

16 minutes ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

Matt Ryan is the next Marino without the respect. Welcome to Falcons Fandom, get out while you can

Quite possibly the perfect label for Ryan: “Marino without the respect.”

Ryan also never had a #1 ranked defense like Marino did early in his career.  I’d say Ryan and the 2016 Falcons players won a SB while the coaches gave it away

27 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Quite possibly the perfect label for Ryan: “Marino without the respect.”

Ryan also never had a #1 ranked defense like Marino did early in his career.  I’d say Ryan and the 2016 Falcons players won a SB while the coaches gave it away

I absolutely agree with you. Ryan when its all said and done will be one of the most underrated QBs of all time. Take it to the bank

They're taking my heart and soul away, to the point it doesn't hurt anymore and that usually leads to not caring anymore. Than makes me sad because every loss was like a knife to my heart, now I'm just numb and starting to lose interest under the Quinn regime.

Do you hear me Mr. Blank...6 decades and this is what your team has done to me!

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

They're taking my heart and soul away, to the point it doesn't hurt anymore and that usually leads to not caring anymore. Than makes me sad because every loss was like a knife to my heart, now I'm just numb and starting to lose interest under the Quinn regime.

Do you hear me Nr. Blank...6 decades and this is what your team has done to me!

I haven’t felt anything since the goal line attempt at the end of the Philly playoff game in 2017. That was it for me. I get irritated and happy now, but never thrilled and never hurt. Just numb. 

1 minute ago, TheFalcoholic said:

I haven’t felt anything since the goal line attempt at the end of the Philly playoff game in 2017. That was it for me. I get irritated and happy now, but never thrilled and never hurt. Just numb. 

Yep, I think numb is the them for us longtime Falcons fans. Just when you think it can't get any worse under Quinn it does on a weekly basis.

I dont think you fix this with just firing Quinn now. I think you have to completely rebuild this team, and that includes the QB position. 

And I'm saying that believing Ryan is not the problem. I just think you have to wash your hands of everything now. Get rid of everything and everyone that was part of 28-3....including the gd water boy. 

1 hour ago, FalconinPA said:

Same here I have been watching these clowns since the 80's as a child. Don't think we will ever see win the bowl in my time. 

As a fan from the 80s I've occasionally thought if I was in a relationship with a human like this for this amount of time one if not both of us would be dead or in jail.