As we all know we like to toss out theories and opinions. Until Mr. Blank sees that he needs to make a serious decision about this club next week will be more of the same as this week. This team has a mental road block that is killing it. Most of us believe it starts with the HC and some of us believe its the GM/HC but something has to change because this season is on the brink!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure you understand how owning a team works.

Arthur has to be wondering what the default rate on those PSLs will be. I feel sorry for the people that got duped into those.

all we have are failed former head coaches as our staff, what makes you think anyone of them will turn things around.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

all we have are failed former head coaches as our staff, what makes you think anyone of them will turn things around.

I'm not talking about one them. I'm talking about removing the current GM/HC then going outside our team for a new HC. Falcons need to start new. Make the rest of the year an audition for players

16 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

Weren't Bill Belichick and Pete Carrol failed head coaches?

Anyway, i feel Blank is too involved in coaches decisions (esp hiring or assistant coaches and the draft) that he feels some kind of collective responsibility for the results. 

1 minute ago, falcon app said:

Weren't Bill Belichick and Pete Carrol failed head coaches?

Anyway, i feel Blank is too involved in coaches decisions (esp hiring or assistant coaches and the draft) that he feels some kind of collective responsibility for the results. 

yeah. so what are you saying? that morris whos defense is playing like crap gonna turn things around?

3 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

yeah. so what are you saying? that morris whos defense is playing like crap gonna turn things around?

Maybe. Not likely but you can't rule it out. Maybe he can simply bring an OC who calls a more balanced game. The Bears had the ball for 35 minutes today. Yes, our defense needs work, but you can't have then out there that long and expect to succeed.

33 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I still don't see how Dimitroff is the problem. There is enough talent out there to win with.

No TD needs to go. His drafting for need in the first round is one reason why we suck. Ridley is the best example of BPA. I would also have taken Ryan Ramczyk in 2017 instead of  trading up for Takk.

Edited by falcon app
53 minutes ago, RightInTwo said:

Firing Quinn just means that one of the many loser coaches that are infecting the staff will step into his place, but I’d still rather have that.

It's amazing what psychological change can do. I think it's a no lose situation for AB to fire DQ now. Name anyone you want on the staff to take over, we all know that in reality changing the HC now wouldn't truly make a physical difference and if the team goes to GB and loses after firing DQ, who could blame them, everyone would expect a team in disarray to lose to one of the best teams in the NFL. However, if they pull off the victory, the psychology of making that change and the appearance that it changed something with the team can go a long way toward spurring a run of wins especially when the next several games are with Carolina, Minnesota, Detroit, Carolina and Denver.

5 minutes ago, slider said:

... the team can go a long way toward spurring a run of wins especially when the next several games are with Carolina, Minnesota, Detroit, Carolina and Denver.

I know this isn't all you are saying, but I have to point out that all of the teams you are mentioning now think that ATL is a win on their schedule.

Blank is an old man - he is going to look for a short term option to solve current problems.  He does not have time in his life for a 4 or 5 year turnaround with a new GM, new HC, new QB, and totally new team.  Blank is not like Liberty Media owners who consider 10 years a reasonable time frame for a rebuild.

Blank may be at the point where firing Quinn is unquestionable, but a massive cleansing of all we know of the current Falcons is not going to happen unless Blank lives up to his name.

1 minute ago, Tmodel66 said:

I know this isn't all you are saying, but I have to point out that all of the teams you are mentioning now think that ATL is a win on their schedule.

Yes I know but in reality, the Falcons have the individual talent. As much or more than any of those teams. They just need to expect to win not hope to. No matter how much they like their HC, DQ would have to go just to signify to the players that change has begun. The only thing the interim HC needs to be able to do is control the game plan especially during critical times in the game so the coaches don't contribute to losing games.

6 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Blank is an old man - he is going to look for a short term option to solve current problems.  He does not have time in his life for a 4 or 5 year turnaround with a new GM, new HC, new QB, and totally new team.  Blank is not like Liberty Media owners who consider 10 years a reasonable time frame for a rebuild.

Blank may be at the point where firing Quinn is unquestionable, but a massive cleansing of all we know of the current Falcons is not going to happen unless Blank lives up to his name.

Not to get into a discussion on the topic but the Braves are just a mascot for Liberty Media's real estate ventures. That's the problem with allowing corporate ownership. At least I think AB seeks the Lombardi not just to win enough to draw tenants to his properties and sell jersey's to the masses! Worst to first turnarounds happen pretty quickly in the NFL these days. You just have to find coaches that don't require the best talent in the NFL to almost win.

This is about Lack of Leadership - starting with Blank on down the Falcon's Organization.   Their Leadership is all about Vision, but without any Execution..... All Talk.... No Action!    Changes need to start now to shake UP the Team; and it has to be at least the Head Coach.  You cannot do any worse and have one of the other coaches step up for the remainder of season.   Falcons are a joke and it still is downhill after loosing the Super Bowl.  Head Coach should have been fired then after being up in the score and letting Patriots come back.  The last 2 games are another failure of allowing teams to come back when the team is up.   Falcons are becoming a "joke" in the blogs, sports reviews, newscasts, etc.            Why be the Bad News Falcons when the potential is so much more.......Where is the Leadership?  Where is the LeaderSHIFT?  

Blank is part of the problem. He bred a culture of mediocrity. He doesn’t have the wherewithal to do what is necessary for this team to win. He’s too buddy buddy with Gel Boy and McKay. Watch Gel Boy throw Dairy Queen under the bus again and somehow escape his way-past-due firing. 

7 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Blank is part of the problem. He bred a culture of mediocrity. He doesn’t have the wherewithal to do what is necessary for this team to win. He’s too buddy buddy with Gel Boy and McKay. Watch Gel Boy throw Dairy Queen under the bus again and somehow escape his way-past-due firing. 

Ding ding....we have a winner!

9 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Why would any decent head coach come to this team?

To try and make epic history by making us winners or because he wants to kill his career... lol 

We are tainted goods.

There are only 32 head coaching jobs. Sharp coordinators jump at head coaching opportunities wherever they are. They're not concerned about perceived curses or losing histories.