Know we can't do it bc of dead money, but what could we get in trades for julio and ryan?

Please don't yell at me that we can't trade ryan and julio because of dead money--I agree that it may be impossible.  This is only a question out of sheer curiosity.  What could we get for both players traded to different teams and who would likely take them?  On espn, they keep saying the patriots would love to trade for OBJ (but know it's unlikely) to compete against the chiefs and baltimore. That sort of scenario.

would be intriguing to have three first rounders next year (including a top ten pick bc we suck) and a new coach.  a cause for hope.  yeah I know it probably won't (or can't) happen but maybe a team wanting to get over the top with an additional player of their caliber might be willing to give a king's ransom??

or if you were the new GM and it was possible to trade them, what would you realistically ask for?

Ryan and Julio both, if we were to trade them after this season, would see their cap hits for 2021 on our end increase by anywhere from 200K (Julio) to 3.525 (Ryan).

As for what we could get for them, well, as just shown their cap hits, 15.3 for Julio, and 23 for Ryan, will seriously affect the trade value, especially with 5.5 of Ryan's salary being fully guaranteed for the acquiring team, and all of Julio's being fully guaranteed, especially with teams looking to be more cap strapped next year with the low cap.

6 minutes ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

Julio I would entertain just out of curiosity but likely wouldn't pull the trigger. Ryan.. not until he completely falls off. Dude gives us a great chance to win each week

He does, but one thing that is becoming abundantly clear to me each week, is how many issues this team has, and with Ryan and Julio set to count for 63 mil next season, in an already shortened cap year, I'm just not sure we have the cap space and enough draft picks to fix this team before his time runs out. I'm a huge Matt Ryan defender and he isn't, and hasn't been, the problem, but if we're sitting there at one or two, there's a slowly increasing large part of me, that says trade both, get some high picks, take the 2021 cap hits during the low cap year, take some great players, let 2021 be a rebuilding year, then in 2022 when the cap increases, and you get the cap back from both, load up and make your bid.

Team looks a lot like the mid 90's Broncos. Talented team with a vet HOF QB and some good pieces, but lacking the killer instinct. They were coached by Wade Phillips a very good DC who could not pull it together as an HC. 

They bring in Mike Shanahan who builds the team around their vet QBs strengths by putting him in a WCO that relies on running the ball. They draft Terrell Davis to carry the rock, then change their defense to work towards its strengths.

What happens? Two titles. 

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

He does, but one thing that is becoming abundantly clear to me each week, is how many issues this team has, and with Ryan and Julio set to count for 63 mil next season, in an already shortened cap year, I'm just not sure we have the cap space and enough draft picks to fix this team before his time runs out. I'm a huge Matt Ryan defender and he isn't, and hasn't been, the problem, but if we're sitting there at one or two, there's a slowly increasing large part of me, that says trade both, get some high picks, take the 2021 cap hits during the low cap year, take some great players, let 2021 be a rebuilding year, then in 2022 when the cap increases, and you get the cap back from both, load up and make your bid.

At this point I'm not opposed to it. I'd love to have Ryan here his whole career but unless we draft exceptionally then having a top paid QB and WR does hinder things. Its just a sad day in Atlanta really. We're finally starting to realize our window is closing and about 75% of us are wanting a rebuild at this point due to the salary cap situation we're in (sensible ones at least).. Sucks its this way three weeks into the year

43 minutes ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

At this point I'm not opposed to it. I'd love to have Ryan here his whole career but unless we draft exceptionally then having a top paid QB and WR does hinder things. Its just a sad day in Atlanta really. We're finally starting to realize our window is closing and about 75% of us are wanting a rebuild at this point due to the salary cap situation we're in (sensible ones at least).. Sucks its this way three weeks into the year

I've always been one to try to be rational about all these things (and not that BS rational that all these piece of **** pessimists claim), so while I want to believe in my team after 0-1, 0-3 and, more precisely, the reason/way we are 0-3, it's just hard to imagine we're come back from that. Not nearly enough rah-rah Go Falcons in my blood to think we're pulling it out of our *** on this one.

11 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

What team would trade for MR2? Maybe SF since they’re close and he knows KS offense? Maybe JJ to GB. JJ would be an easier trade imo but think about it, MRs an elite QB but who needs one besides SF that’s in a win now situation???? I just can’t see it happening with MR

Giants, Jets, SF, Vegas, Chicago, Minnesota, Washington, Jacksonville,  Pittsburgh (If Ben retires)