Let Morris finish out the year

3 hours ago, Jesus said:

Quinn had said before the year that Ulbrich is the assistant head coach and would take over if Quinn left because of COVID.

Of course that's up to McKay to decide if they fire Quinn, but they have trained Ulbrich for the job. 

Frankly after watching this team in the 4th quarter today, even the coaching staff looks dead in the water. They have zero fire down the stretch. They look like they are watching a wound bleed hoping it runs out of blood before they have to deal with it.

They ALL need to go.

16 hours ago, Jesus said:

Quinn had said before the year that Ulbrich is the assistant head coach and would take over if Quinn left because of COVID.

Of course that's up to McKay to decide if they fire Quinn, but they have trained Ulbrich for the job. 

Frankly after watching this team in the 4th quarter today, even the coaching staff looks dead in the water. They have zero fire down the stretch. They look like they are watching a wound bleed hoping it runs out of blood before they have to deal with it.

Why would we go with Ulbrich just because that's how DQ set it up.

If DQ is fired, DQs rules don't apply anymore.

Gotta give the interim job to the guy with the best ability to light a fire under our players. I think that's Morris.

5 minutes ago, niels petersen said:

Gotta give the interim job to the guy with the best ability to light a fire under our players. I think that's Morris.

Yep, let's take the guy running the worst defense in the NFL...surrendering 36 points per game.  THIRTY SIX...and hand him the whole team.   lol  

The players don't need 'a fire under' them.  They need a new coaching staff.   

Having ex-buccies on this staff and in the FO has help cultivate the losing culture we now have. They should've never been hired to build a winning team after they failed miserably in Tampa. Having said that, they are only part of the problem, Quinn is the biggest part of the problem.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Having ex-buccies on this staff and in the FO has help cultivate the losing culture we now have. They should've never been hired to build a winning team after they failed miserably in Tampa. Having said that, they are only part of the problem, Quinn is the biggest part of the problem.

I think every coach associated with the current pathetic culture of this team has to go.  

And I don't say that lightly because I was a big Quinn guy until we hit 1-7 last year.  

Just now, octoslash said:

I think every coach associated with the current pathetic culture of this team has to go.  

And I don't say that lightly because I was a big Quinn guy until we hit 1-7 last year.  

I was a big Quinn fan and was recruiting him before Smitty was even fired. The SB starting my doubting ways, the last two years starting poorly made it even worse, this year has definitely solidified it for me. 

2 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Koetter as OC this year has been far better than his defensive counterparts RM & JU. He's been ok, whereas they have been garbage. I would make Koetter the interim, and GK the OC.

That isn't saying much. And after the opponents halftime adjustments his offense has sputtered worse than a 59' Edsel. he still cannot run the ball or make first downs when we need to eat the clock. I get what you're saying and we have no good options, but imagine him running this team the rest of the year after what he did in Tampa for 3 years.

3 hours ago, octoslash said:

Yep, let's take the guy running the worst defense in the NFL...surrendering 36 points per game.  THIRTY SIX...and hand him the whole team.   lol  

The players don't need 'a fire under' them.  They need a new coaching staff.   

Well, i agree. We need a new coaching staff. I'm not advocating that we hire Morris as our next HC.

I'm saying that something needs to happen and that blank needs to send a message to our players and fans by firing DQ. 

Who would you have as interim coach if you are AB? Or would you rather keep DQ for the year and make a fool of the remaining fan base?

3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I was a big Quinn fan and was recruiting him before Smitty was even fired. The SB starting my doubting ways, the last two years starting poorly made it even worse, this year has definitely solidified it for me. 

I have been on the same arc, my friend. I chose to see the positives in DQs ways, but the repeated disappointments have made it abundantly clear that he and everybody associated with him needs to go.

The bigger question is, does TD go with him? I can see why he would be fires as well, but having another startup at both HC and GM simultaneously may give us some growing pains, meaning we may totally waste the last years of Ryan and Julio. I think it is risky. Look at what LaFleur did his first year in GB - a new coach coming in could work wonders with our current talent.

Edited by niels petersen
21 hours ago, spanish_falcon said:

He´s no good either. Clean house

This is for everyone:

You CANNOT clean house during the season.  It's not realistic.  But you CAN get rid of Quinn and keep rolling through THIS season and maybe turn things around RIGHT NOW and see what we have without Quinn's influence.  It's NOT ABOUT who comes in next; it's TOTALLY ABOUT moving on from Dan Quinn's influence, input and interference on this team...

Why is this so hard to get???

17 minutes ago, niels petersen said:

I have been on the same arc, my friend. I chose to see the positives in DQs ways, but the repeated disappointments have made it abundantly clear that he and everybody associated with him needs to go.

The bigger question is, does TD go with him? I can see why he would be fires as well, but having another startup at both HC and GM simultaneously may give us some growing pains, meaning we may totally waste the last years of Ryan and Julio. I think it is risky. Look at what LaFleur did his first year in GB - a new coach coming in could work wonders with our current talent.

He goes, everyone associated with this regime should go.

21 hours ago, Xfactor said:

He's been effective on 3rd down while Ulbrich has had his hat handed to him on 1st and 2nd downs.

Why the **** we have 2 DC calling different downs is Quinning I guess

This year is f up anyway with the virus.

Get rid of Koetter and let Knapp be the OC and let Morris be the interim HC/DC you get a free look at Morris as a HC with this talent and it gives you plenty of time to find your new staff if necessary.

Morris and Quinn share the same coaching strengths and weaknesses in my opinion. They have demonstrated in their HC opportunities that they are both players coaches who display high levels of emotional intelligence but lack the "anchors" to leverage that strength into either consistent execution of the little things or sustained effort. 

I respect both Quinn and Morris. I think they can be successful. I even think they can be successful as NFL head coaches. I just think they need to get outside of their coaching comfort zones and bring in strong coaching personalities with diverse approaches to coaching. As Carrol has demonstrated, you can sustain winning while being primarily an emotional leader. However, you have to bring in personalities that compliment yours and add their own strengths to yours.

I'm not anti-Morris in any way. I'm just anti status quo. 

If the choice is between any of the speed bumps currently coaching this team, then let's at least make it entertaining.  Take Koetter, Morris, and one randomly selected fan each week.  Put the names of all 3 in a hat and then randomly select one to be responsible for each coaching position.  Will Koetter be the DC this week?  Will our randomly selected fan be the OC?  Who knows?  I guarantee you though it will be more entertaining than what we currently have, and the ensuing hilarity would at least be intentional.