Bringing it back #TankforTrevor

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sincerely hope we do not get Trevor. Overrated and overhyped. Do not want.

0-3 Offense is a no show when we need them  most and if defense is just blowing in the wind! Well lets keep this losing feeling going and see if we can get Trevor Lawrence 

People just like him because he’s big. In big moments he’s been bailed out by his defense, running game, and WRs. And last year when they didn’t bail him out vs LSU, he looked awful.  Dude has pl

16 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Nearly a 50% accuracy game...please...lol

As an Alabama fan, I remember watching the first Clemson game and thinking "thank God that's over, I don't ever want to have to play Deshaun Watson again." Did the same thing with Johnny Manziel, Cam, and Burrow/Brady. With Lawrence, I just kind of went "meh, I'll play him again." 

Just now, tl;dr said:

As an Alabama fan, I remember watching the first Clemson game and thinking "thank God that's over, I don't ever want to have to play Deshaun Watson again." Did the same thing with Johnny Manziel, Cam, and Burrow/Brady. With Lawrence, I just kind of went "meh, I'll play him again." 

We struggle against a lot of QBs that are really mobile. Forgot you're a Bama guy as well. It's our Achilles heel. Lol. Lawrence was the least impressive of them IMO

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

We struggle against a lot of QBs that are really mobile. Forgot you're a Bama guy as well. It's our Achilles heel. Lol. Lawrence was the least impressive of them IMO

Lawrence is faster than you would think, but he isn't "twitchy." The twitchy guys always give us issues (although I think we may have one now with Young...)

It's not that I think Lawrence is bad, but a lot of the issues people have with Ryan aren't going to go away with Lawrence. I honestly would have rather had Burrow or Tua (assuming a clean bill of health) than Lawrence. Both of them made throws that just made your jaw drop. I haven't seen that consistently from Lawrence yet

5 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Don't like Lawrence, not a huge Fields fan either. Might be ok with taking Lance or Ehlinger and letting them sit behind Ryan for a year, but other than that, no thanks to the QBs next year for where we'd be taking them.

Ehilinger from Texas! HAHAHA OK

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Lawrence is faster than you would think, but he isn't "twitchy." The twitchy guys always give us issues (although I think we may have one now with Young...)

It's not that I think Lawrence is bad, but a lot of the issues people have with Ryan aren't going to go away with Lawrence. I honestly would have rather had Burrow or Tua (assuming a clean bill of health) than Lawrence. Both of them made throws that just made your jaw drop. I haven't seen that consistently from Lawrence yet

That's another thing. I dont think hes as good as Ryan to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

Ehilinger from Texas! HAHAHA OK

He's going Rd 3 most likely and has starter upside, esp since he's a leader and a film room junkie. Much better passer than he gets credit for. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's the kind of guy who flips a franchise around right away, but I'd take him in an instant in early Rd 3 to sit behind Ryan way before I take Lawrence early Rd 1.

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

He's going Rd 3 most likely and has starter upside, esp since he's a leader and a film room junkie. Much better passer than he gets credit for. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's the kind of guy who flips a franchise around right away, but I'd take him in an instant in early Rd 3 to sit behind Ryan way before I take Lawrence early Rd 1.

...I actually like this. Texas’s line is trash and he still keeps things close. He was neck and neck with Burrow for a while last year

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

...I actually like this. Texas’s line is trash and he still keeps things close. He was neck and neck with Burrow for a while last year

9 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Smh....Like Lizards cutting their tails.....

I know you guys don't want to let go......Its time......

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

That's another thing. I dont think hes as good as Ryan to be honest. 

He's most likely not as good as Ryan and Ryan may go down as the best Falcons QB ever.... 

However... This organization needs change. Change not only at the GM and HC level, but entire organizational culture. Erase the memory of the SB and Quinn era.  There is no better way than a change at franchise QB. I also think we'd attract more coaching talent with a young core and versatile QB. 

I've made it clear that I've never been that impressed with Lawrence either.

He's good, but I don't see him as the next "Peyton Manning" or even a healthy Andrew Luck.

Something just screams hype to me about him. I'm just not that impressed by him. That could change, but right now he's overhyped to me.