Jump to content

Bringing it back #TankforTrevor


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Don't like Lawrence, not a huge Fields fan either. Might be ok with taking Lance or Ehlinger and letting them sit behind Ryan for a year, but other than that, no thanks to the QBs next year for where we'd be taking them.

Lol this dude said Ehlinger aka Tebow 2.0 you guys must hate talent Lawrence and Fields are better than every QB in the last 3 drafts except for Lamar & Burrow and you never know ... Lawrence is Peyton Manning to me stop overthinking 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sincerely hope we do not get Trevor. Overrated and overhyped. Do not want.

0-3 Offense is a no show when we need them  most and if defense is just blowing in the wind! Well lets keep this losing feeling going and see if we can get Trevor Lawrence 

People just like him because he’s big. In big moments he’s been bailed out by his defense, running game, and WRs. And last year when they didn’t bail him out vs LSU, he looked awful.  Dude has pl

8 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

All you people wanting Lawerence, how is the Next big thing Desean Watson doing?  I heard the same reasoning back when he was coming out of college.  He’s going to reinvent the NFL.  He is a can’t miss. He is 0-3 this year.

How about the next generational great Burrows?  Still looking for a first win.

blah blah blah

Build the defense. Build a run game.  And build a winner.  Stop with the drafting the next great generational talent at QB with a top 5 pick.

Sometimes i swear y’all let y’all bias and fandom make y’all sound stupid Burrow is a rookie on a horrible team but a blind man can see he has great promise Watson has a dumb HC/GM who traded his best weapon and replaced him with C+ players at this point Matt is who he is he peaked in 2016 and that’s great but he will never be an elite player young QBs at least have the hope they can turn into that and bring energy to the franchise if we haven’t won a SB with Matt by now we never will NFCCG 4 years into his career he was looking like he was destined for greatness but I’m sorry in the biggest of biggest of moments he falls apart plays great for 3 quarters but money time he folds simple as that yeah the defense is terrible but i see Russel Wilson constantly uplift his team past that Matt can’t 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

Lol this dude said Ehlinger aka Tebow 2.0 you guys must hate talent Lawrence and Fields are better than every QB in the last 3 drafts except for Lamar & Burrow and you never know ... Lawrence is Peyton Manning to me stop overthinking 

A few analysts believe that Lawrence is the best QB prospect to come out since Luck. And Luck was the best QB prospect since Manning. So I can agree with the Manning comparison in that regard. 
 

This doesn’t go for all posters, but there are some that don’t wouldn’t want us to draft Lawrence based off a loyalty to Ryan. I love Ryan, but he’s slowly been declining for the past two years. Mainly with his physical tools. His knowledge of the game is what is extending his career. 
 

Then there are the “cAn hE rUsH tHe pAsSer?” posters that believe that a single edge rusher will change our defense, it won’t. Don’t get me wrong, if there were a Chase Young type of prospect in this upcoming draft, then yes, have the discussion of selecting him, however there isn’t. 
 

One thing is for sure, if you don’t have a QB, you’re not going to be competitive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

Sometimes i swear y’all let y’all bias and fandom make y’all sound stupid Burrow is a rookie on a horrible team but a blind man can see he has great promise Watson has a dumb HC/GM who traded his best weapon and replaced him with C+ players at this point Matt is who he is he peaked in 2016 and that’s great but he will never be an elite player young QBs at least have the hope they can turn into that and bring energy to the franchise if we haven’t won a SB with Matt by now we never will NFCCG 4 years into his career he was looking like he was destined for greatness but I’m sorry in the biggest of biggest of moments he falls apart plays great for 3 quarters but money time he folds simple as that yeah the defense is terrible but i see Russel Wilson constantly uplift his team past that Matt can’t 

Wilson wasn’t a top 5 pick.  He wasn’t even a first round pick.  
 

And Watson having a dumb HC/GM.  Sound familiar?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

Sometimes i swear y’all let y’all bias and fandom make y’all sound stupid Burrow is a rookie on a horrible team but a blind man can see he has great promise Watson has a dumb HC/GM who traded his best weapon and replaced him with C+ players at this point Matt is who he is he peaked in 2016 and that’s great but he will never be an elite player young QBs at least have the hope they can turn into that and bring energy to the franchise if we haven’t won a SB with Matt by now we never will NFCCG 4 years into his career he was looking like he was destined for greatness but I’m sorry in the biggest of biggest of moments he falls apart plays great for 3 quarters but money time he folds simple as that yeah the defense is terrible but i see Russel Wilson constantly uplift his team past that Matt can’t 

^ D@mn. Beat me to it. Not to mention Bill O’Brien is a terrible HC. As a rookie Burrow has looked great so far this season. Not to mention the Bengals NEEDED a QB. Not sure how them drafting the best QB prospect at the biggest position of need was a bad thing. I guess some people (not you) try to spin false narratives. 
 

I disagree with Matt being the reason why we failed, but he does make me scratch my head a lot more often than he used to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

Wilson wasn’t a top 5 pick.  He wasn’t even a first round pick.  
 

And Watson having a dumb HC/GM.  Sound familiar?

We have Julio Jones best receiver in the game Ridley blossoming into a star right before our eyes first round picks all over the whole team not just offense 2 on D line 2 in the secondary plus Grady and Debo who play above their draft status there is no lack of talent on this team 1st blame always is the coach 2nd the QB and under Matt Ryan we have lost many big games whether it was Mike Smith or DQ it’s time to rebuild 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

We have Julio Jones best receiver in the game Ridley blossoming into a star right before our eyes first round picks all over the whole team not just offense 2 on D line 2 in the secondary plus Grady and Debo who play above their draft status there is no lack of talent on this team 1st blame always is the coach 2nd the QB and under Matt Ryan we have lost many big games whether it was Mike Smith or DQ it’s time to rebuild 

You implied we had a good HC.  I guess we are done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

I honestly do not think it is time to replace Ryan, he is still performing in a top 10 capacity. The issues with the team have more to do with defense and bad OC's and TD always going light on the trenches then anything to do with Ryan.

Bro we’ve been drafting D-line man every year it seems now I’m tired of that excuse Fire TD Fire Quinn draft Matt’s replacement sit him for a year and move on with our new GM and coach 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I honestly do not think it is time to replace Ryan, he is still performing in a top 10 capacity. The issues with the team have more to do with defense and bad OC's and TD always going light on the trenches then anything to do with Ryan.

I disagree that Ryan isn’t a least part of the problem. Small part, but still a part. The last two years he’s been regressing physically. It’s not by a substantial amount but it’s there. Ryan’s football acumen extended his career considerable. I can see him playing near this current level for another year or two.
 

Unfortunately Ryan was never a physical specimen, so when he hits that cliff, it’s going to be bad. I’d rather plan for our future now, if/when we have a chance.
 

Not to mention every coaching prospect being named has a system that requires a different skill set than Ryan’s. So I could see us drafting a QB to fit whatever scheme they want to employ. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

But wait i thought Ricardo Allen was THAT guy so we didn’t need Earl Thomas a few years ago that’s why we resigned him right ? Neal was a pro bowler he just needs to stay healthy right ? Kazee is a ball hawk remember ? Tell me why we need a safety again ?

Because the ones we have are not good enough in my opinion.

I would have gotten jamal adams and scoop up earl thomas.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, me4falcons said:

Because the ones we have are not good enough in my opinion.

I would have gotten jamal adams and scoop up earl thomas.

 

I know I’m being sarcastic because ppl were ripping me a few years back for saying we needed to upgrade Rico but i kept being told how much of a “leader” he was 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

Lol this dude said Ehlinger aka Tebow 2.0 you guys must hate talent Lawrence and Fields are better than every QB in the last 3 drafts except for Lamar & Burrow and you never know ... Lawrence is Peyton Manning to me stop overthinking 

If you only listen to the media, you'll never form your own opinions. I'm surprised it took this long for the "Tebow lul" nonsense to crop up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetJones11 said:

I know I’m being sarcastic because ppl were ripping me a few years back for saying we needed to upgrade Rico but i kept being told how much of a “leader” he was 

I agree those ripping were wrong just because rico is a good leader and have overachieve we still can't let talent pass because a guy is well liked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

I know I’m being sarcastic because ppl were ripping me a few years back for saying we needed to upgrade Rico but i kept being told how much of a “leader” he was 

Same here. A few years back me and @Knight of God were high on Eddie Jackson. We had people saying “bUt wE hAvE rIcO!”. This is just another example of blind loyalty to players. Not every player stays with the team that drafted them for their entire careers. It’s very rare nowadays. Believing we need to upgrade a position isn’t being unloyal, it’s being prudent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

How ? I said 1st blame always goes to coach and the QB is 2nd we blamed Mike Smith , we blamed Dan Quinn , now it’s time to blame Matt Ryan since he’s the only common denominator under both coaches 

Not continually if the powers that be continue to make poor hires around Ryan.

Thats thee issue on Ryan’s front he’s had to many wrong guys as OC over the years so he’s never been over to get over the top.

When used correctly like we saw he has MVP potential and why everyone waxes lyrical about the next big thing in Burrow Lawrence and Fields at this point in time even I’d take Ryan.

Potential is fleeting.

Ryan still produces year in year out.

His downfall as above is poor decision making on the hiring front at OC.Whoever the village idiot who decided Koetter 2.0 was a good hire is the first one gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 7:43 PM, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

I've made it clear that I've never been that impressed with Lawrence either.

 

He's good, but I don't see him as the next "Peyton Manning" or even a healthy Andrew Luck.

 

Something just screams hype to me about him. I'm just not that impressed by him. That could change, but right now he's overhyped to me.

Even with only having 1 loss so far as a starting QB! What do you need to be impressed?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...