Bringing it back #TankforTrevor

7 minutes ago, hjerry said:

but where is the new QB coming from? Are we assuming we have another high draft pick? and don't push the whole Russel Wilson thing on me, because top QBs outside the top picks are extremely rare

Garoppolo isn't a top QB, or Goff, or Foles, or Newton, or Peyton his SB year. Neither were Flacco or Kaep, etc etc. You don't need a top QB to be a top team. 

Plus, would you rather get a rookie QB and then have to pay him 50 mill + a year once we finally have a team around him, or build the team first then get the QB on a cheap deal? The latter just makes more sense.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sincerely hope we do not get Trevor. Overrated and overhyped. Do not want.

0-3 Offense is a no show when we need them  most and if defense is just blowing in the wind! Well lets keep this losing feeling going and see if we can get Trevor Lawrence 

People just like him because he’s big. In big moments he’s been bailed out by his defense, running game, and WRs. And last year when they didn’t bail him out vs LSU, he looked awful.  Dude has pl

12 minutes ago, the baptist said:

How can you build with no wood?

Wood in this metaphor is money......

Track back.....How do you build with old wood on a new foundation?

Old Wood...thats Ryan

Last one....."Matt Ryan is irrelevant to the argument"....."Build the best team we can around Matt Ryan"....?????????

Why not just build the best team......Starting with what could be one of the best QB's in the next coming

Because wasting the #1 overall pick on a QB when QB is one of the stongest positions on our team doesn't build us the best team. That's what you're missing. It's, at best, an upgrade from 7 or 8 to 10 when we have 0's and 1'st at multiple positions on the team.

2 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Garoppolo isn't a top QB, or Goff, or Foles, or Newton, or Peyton his SB year. Neither were Flacco or Kaep, etc etc. You don't need a top QB to be a top team. 

Plus, would you rather get a rookie QB and then have to pay him 50 mill + a year once we finally have a team around him, or build the team first then get the QB on a cheap deal? The latter just makes more sense.

I still think you're going to have serious issues trying to rebuild a team with no cap space

12 minutes ago, the baptist said:

smh....sounds like a bitter lover

10 pages deep....Say it for me......Its time to move on.......if you say it...I will concede to the fact that you don't like Lawrence because you think he can't play football

Sounds more like that with you really. I'm not the one worried about moving on. I need a run game and defense, that's what breaks my heart. 

I'm not big on Lawrence because I think hes all hype. If i were going to HAVE to get a QB it would be Fields or Lance but I really dont like any of the QBs this year really. I prefer to focus on defense. We're short on LBs and Safeties.

6 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I still think you're going to have serious issues trying to rebuild a team with no cap space

You either rebuild with Ryan or waste the cheap rookie QB contract while we have no team around him. Even if the QB we get is amazing, we'll be right back in the same position in 4 years if we draft a QB now; a team that's losing games chiefly because of reasons other than the QB.

Not saying it'll be easy; you need to draft well. But you'll always have to do that.

Just now, Lornoth said:

You either rebuild with Ryan or waste the cheap rookie QB contract while we have no team around him. Even if the QB we get is amazing, we'll be right back in the same position in 4 years if we draft a QB now; a team that's losing games chiefly because of reasons other than the QB.

Not saying it'll be easy; you need to draft well. But you'll always have to do that.

No, because the cap will increase by then. 175 cap next season and hindered even after that

6 minutes ago, hjerry said:

No, because the cap will increase by then. 175 cap next season and hindered even after that

Cap goes up and so do contracts. Every team is still playing with the same amount relative to one another. We won't get to pay our next franchise QB what we're paying Ryan right now. If Lawrence is as good as people say, he'll probably get the first 2 billion dollar deal. And like I said next season we literally can't get rid of Ryan anyway.

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The only blind one in here is you. You’re completely making assumptions and jumping to conclusions on opinions. Just because a guy doesn’t like Lawrence, doesn’t mean he’s protecting Ryan.

I don't make assumptions, I jump to conclusions from deduction, I never said he was protecting Matt Ryan

If he was protecting him, he is doing about as good as the O-Lineman we drafted in the first round

When he started spewing insults...I guess It seems I am able to bring out insecurities without actual insults....

I'm stating my opinions, just like he is, He is quoting me, I am Quoting him, I stop putting him in Quotes when he had no substance, then he put me BACK in Quotes....

You want to come at a "Teenager"....Be ready....

21 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Sounds more like that with you really. I'm not the one worried about moving on. I need a run game and defense, that's what breaks my heart. 

I'm not big on Lawrence because I think hes all hype. If i were going to HAVE to get a QB it would be Fields or Lance but I really dont like any of the QBs this year really. I prefer to focus on defense. We're short on LBs and Safeties.

the problem I see its no game changers at those positions... LB and S in this draft... not even DL... maybe get Sewell and start running the ball my man...

33 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Because wasting the #1 overall pick on a QB when QB is one of the stongest positions on our team doesn't build us the best team. That's what you're missing. It's, at best, an upgrade from 7 or 8 to 10 when we have 0's and 1'st at multiple positions on the team.

....Wait a minute....Actually a good rebuttal......Almost.....Almost made me a believer.....

Then I remind myself how old Matt Ryan is....It will not make any sense..With the Number 1 pick to draft anything other than a QB

Trade out, get a bevy? Maybe....but even that has me shaking my head....

Too many things will have align for this team to keep Matt Ryan and be a Superbowl contender....

And Then when they make it to the Ship, Matt Ryan will have to play a Superbowl Winning Game.....I don't see it

I'de rather be disappointed in a Rookie, Than watch a 36 year QB throw interceptions on clutch drives...

Edited by the baptist
48 minutes ago, hjerry said:

but where is the new QB coming from? Are we assuming we have another high draft pick? and don't push the whole Russel Wilson thing on me, because top QBs outside the top picks are extremely rare

What's your idea of "top picks"? Top 3, top 10, First round?

Edited by JohnnyFranchise
6 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

the problem I see its no game changers at those positions... LB and S in this draft... not even DL... maybe get Sewell and start running the ball my man...

RB - Etienne, Harris, White. Sermon 

Safety - Cisco, Holland, Hamsah, Sterns, Stevens 

LB - Browning, Moses, Cox

DL - Rousseau, Basham

8 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

RB - Etienne, Harris, White. Sermon 

Safety - Cisco, Holland, Hamsah, Sterns, Stevens 

LB - Browning, Moses, Cox

DL - Rousseau, Basham

I think we are going to be picking top 5.. would you be ok spending a pick that high for someone .. I really just se Rousseaubut still doubt top 5... but hey I can be wrong... but I am with you get me a running game and a Defense... 

Bring someone form Baltimore or Pitts to be the GM... 

6 hours ago, the baptist said:

Kiwi, I know you've been watching....please provide me with some substance.....

I’m watching.

I’ll go on record saying I’ll take decent coaching over any QB in the 2021 draft Lawrence or Fields included.Ryan still has gas in the tank.

I and a few others have been passionate on the subject of our coaches and the direction and hiring of coordinators over the last 3 years.

Unfortunately we are mentally scarred from 2016 and I don’t think there’s anything fixing that.We have been inconsistent and can’t finish and we are what we are at this point in time talent and all.

While over the last few weeks I have mentioned trading Ryan and Julio,unless the other teams are taking the contracts that come with the player unloading the burden of dead money it’s unrealistic to expect any real movement of thee mentioned.

That leaves FO and Coaches.

AB the floors yours.

7 hours ago, Fernando C. said:

I think we are going to be picking top 5.. would you be ok spending a pick that high for someone .. I really just se Rousseaubut still doubt top 5... but hey I can be wrong... but I am with you get me a running game and a Defense... 

Bring someone form Baltimore or Pitts to be the GM... 

Rousseau

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m watching.

I’ll go on record saying I’ll take decent coaching over any QB in the 2021 draft Lawrence or Fields included.Ryan still has gas in the tank.

I and a few others have been passionate on the subject of our coaches and the direction and hiring of coordinators over the last 3 years.

Unfortunately we are mentally scarred from 2016 and I don’t think there’s anything fixing that.We have been inconsistent and can’t finish and we are what we are at this point in time talent and all.

While over the last few weeks I have mentioned trading Ryan and Julio,unless the other teams are taking the contracts that come with the player unloading the burden of dead money it’s unrealistic to expect any real movement of thee mentioned.

That leaves FO and Coaches.

AB the floors yours.

I agree with taking coaching over any player, including QB. However that should be a given. Most new head coaches want to put their stamp on the team and run their scheme. If we bring in a Bienemy or a Roman type of coach, their systems require a different skill set that is different from Ryan’s. In my opinion Lawrence can fit both those schemes a bit better than Ryan. This is primarily due to Lawrence’s athletic ability. 

Now we aren’t going to get rid of Ryan from the jump. Ryan’s biggest benefit is his knowledge of the game. Having a extremely talented QB to learn from Ryan would only improve us in the future. 

We aren’t in a “win now “ scenario. Whether people want to believe it or not, we are on the precipice of another rebuild. It’s not a complete rebuild, but a rebuild none the less. 

All you people wanting Lawerence, how is the Next big thing Desean Watson doing?  I heard the same reasoning back when he was coming out of college.  He’s going to reinvent the NFL.  He is a can’t miss. He is 0-3 this year.

How about the next generational great Burrows?  Still looking for a first win.

blah blah blah

Build the defense. Build a run game.  And build a winner.  Stop with the drafting the next great generational talent at QB with a top 5 pick.