Jump to content

Bringing it back #TankforTrevor


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sincerely hope we do not get Trevor. Overrated and overhyped. Do not want.

0-3 Offense is a no show when we need them  most and if defense is just blowing in the wind! Well lets keep this losing feeling going and see if we can get Trevor Lawrence 

People just like him because he’s big. In big moments he’s been bailed out by his defense, running game, and WRs. And last year when they didn’t bail him out vs LSU, he looked awful.  Dude has pl

4 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Ignorant assumptions all around yet you want substance. Again, I dont dislike Clemson. I cheer for them quite a bit. You can't figure why anyone would dislike your guy, so your mind is racing to find any reason and that's your only pull. It has to be that I hate them yet most of my favorite players in 3 of the last drafts were from Clemson and LSU. I dont have that bias. Maybe you should pay more attention to context clues than thinking you can insult someone that doesnt like people enough to care. 

I'm not insulting you, you are insulting yourself

I don't care why you don't like Lawrence but I do know why

An assumption would be that Lawrence is "My Guy"

My point remains, predictive though it may be, if they are drafting top 3...that speaks to the state of the franchise from EVERY position, most importantly the QB position

Lawrence just so happens to be a great talent, and Matt Ryan is 36 going on 40 

If not Lawrence I would be calling for Fields, If not Fields I would be calling for whoever else if the talent level was comparable, to throw a name out there, I am eager to see Slovis

Again you won't admit its time to move on, I know.....it will be ok..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ridley has been just fine on the deep balls. It’s not all Ryan. 
 

And Julio has had a VERY productive career playing with Matt. Julio isn’t being held back by anyone 

Yardage wise sure. His TD production on the other hand is a mystery. There are windows in the 25-35 yard range that Ryan can’t hit and he knows it so he doesn’t even attempt. 
There have been countless times I have seen whether it was on film or at the game where Julio or Rid would be open but the throw would require some mustard and low arc to be made and Ryan gets gun shy. He’s scared to pull those throws because I’m sure he’s aware of his limitations. OR he gets pressured but doesn’t have the improv to buy that split second to be able to make said throw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hjerry said:

How are we fixing the team issues with no cap space and just the regular amount of draft picks each year?

How does any team? You draft better and stop giving big contracts to bad players. The way you're talking is as if teams never get better without a QB on a rookie contract. We got better in 2016 with Ryan on the team, it's not impossible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, the baptist said:

I'm not insulting you, you are insulting yourself

I don't care why you don't like Lawrence but I do know why

An assumption would be that Lawrence is "My Guy"

My point remains, predictive though it may be, if they are drafting top 3...that speaks to the state of the franchise from EVERY position, most importantly the QB position

Lawrence just so happens to be a great talent, and Matt Ryan is 36 going on 40 

If not Lawrence I would be calling for Fields, If not Fields I would be calling for whoever else if the talent level was comparable, to throw a name out there, I am eager to see Slovis

Again you won't admit its time to move on, I know.....it will be ok..

 

No you actually dont know why, I haven't said why. It has nothing to do with college smart guy. Your crystal ball is smudged.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Lol so what does change mean to you if winning games isn't the goal?

Thank You, I thought you'd never ask.....

Winning games is not the goal....in totality..the superbowl is the goal right?.....Right?

So you start over, new everything, but keep the same "driver".......

Plainly.....It takes what 2 years? Idealistically for a new front office to put a "stamp" on a franchise

How old will Ryan be then? Do you think anybody is capable of putting together 2 perfect offseasons with the cap space that we have? 

Do you believe that 2 offseasons is enough time to build a Superbowl winning defense? Because you are essentially saying that the defense.....NOT Matt Ryan will change the franchise

So If the defense is the crux of this franchise winning games.....why...keep...the...same...driver

I agree totally, to this day, defense wins ships, I disagree with our ability to build one within a time frame purposeful enough for Matt Ryan 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

How does any team? You draft better and stop giving big contracts to bad players. The way you're talking is as if teams never get better without a QB on a rookie contract. We got better in 2016 with Ryan on the team, it's not impossible.

Did we? because most of the players that were on that team are still here, and that 4 years ago. We don't have as much time left. The Ryan and Julio setup most last forever. The cap is also set to be at 175 next season and we're over before massive cuts. You're asking for a miracle

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Did we? because most of the players that were on that team are still here, and that 4 years ago. We don't have as much time left. The Ryan and Julio setup most last forever. The cap is also set to be at 175 next season and we're over before massive cuts. You're asking for a miracle

I mean, are you arguing our 2016 team wasn't better than our team the previous few years? Also if we're talking next year then we lose money if we get rid of Ryan, not save it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Dude. Now I know you are clueless. I can't stand Matt Ryan. Everyone knows it.

smh....sounds like a bitter lover

10 pages deep....Say it for me......Its time to move on.......if you say it...I will concede to the fact that you don't like Lawrence because you think he can't play football

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, the baptist said:

Thank You, I thought you'd never ask.....

Winning games is not the goal....in totality..the superbowl is the goal right?.....Right?

So you start over, new everything, but keep the same "driver".......

Plainly.....It takes what 2 years? Idealistically for a new front office to put a "stamp" on a franchise

How old will Ryan be then? Do you think anybody is capable of putting together 2 perfect offseasons with the cap space that we have? 

Do you believe that 2 offseasons is enough time to build a Superbowl winning defense? Because you are essentially saying that the defense.....NOT Matt Ryan will change the franchise

So If the defense is the crux of this franchise winning games.....why...keep...the...same...driver

I agree totally, to this day, defense wins ships, I disagree with our ability to build one within a time frame purposeful enough for Matt Ryan 

You're not reading what I'm saying. Whether we do it in time for Matt Ryan or not is irrelevant to my argument. We build the best team we can around Ryan, then we have a better team for the new QB when the time comes. That's all. I'd rather a good, solidified team around a rawer QB than a new QB with a few extra years under his belt at the helm of a terrible team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lornoth said:

I mean, are you arguing our 2016 team wasn't better than our team the previous few years? Also if we're talking next year then we lose money if we get rid of Ryan, not save it. 

I know. His cap hit increases by a few million. I'm not saying I'm in favor of it per se, but I am considering it. If you have a top pick, I just don't know we can fix this teams issues with the cap space we have and the picks we have, not in the time Ryan has left. Part of me is inclined in that situation just to trade the big contracts, take a top QB, absorb the hits in the QBs rookie season, and fill up the now available cap space in 2022 after the cap goes back up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

You're not reading what I'm saying. Whether we do it in time for Matt Ryan or not is irrelevant to my argument. We build the best team we can around Ryan, then we have a better team for the new QB when the time comes. That's all. I'd rather a good, solidified team around a rawer QB than a new QB with a few extra years under his belt at the helm of a terrible team.

but where is the new QB coming from? Are we assuming we have another high draft pick? and don't push the whole Russel Wilson thing on me, because top QBs outside the top picks are extremely rare

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the baptist said:

smh....sounds like a bitter lover

10 pages deep....Say it for me......Its time to move on.......if you say it...I will concede to the fact that you don't like Lawrence because you think he can't play football

Man you really have no idea what you’re talking about. Quit putting words in people’s mouths. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

You're not reading what I'm saying. Whether we do it in time for Matt Ryan or not is irrelevant to my argument. We build the best team we can around Ryan, then we have a better team for the new QB when the time comes. That's all. I'd rather a good, solidified team around a rawer QB than a new QB with a few extra years under his belt at the helm of a terrible team.

How can you build with no wood?

Wood in this metaphor is money......

Track back.....How do you build with old wood on a new foundation?

Old Wood...thats Ryan

Last one....."Matt Ryan is irrelevant to the argument"....."Build the best team we can around Matt Ryan"....?????????

Why not just build the best team......Starting with what could be one of the best QB's in the next coming

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...