Where are you Ryan apologists at now?!

3 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

In this game the defense, considering they are on the cheap side of the budget, played almost as well as I've ever seen them play till the consecutive 3 and outs for the rest of the fourth quarter broke them. He didn't need to be perfect for this game. He just had to complete a deep throw for a first down on any of those drives in the 4th. Of course keep making him seem like a victim. I would have agreed with you the first 2 but this one should have been pulled out by him if he even made a first down or 2.

And I believe DQ and Dirk going pass happy and abandoning the run WAY too early hung the defense out to dry the most. Yes, it put more on Matt and the pass plays came up short for various reasons. Yes, some was on Matt.

This is the Bears D and they aren't push overs. We were down Julio and Gage and trying to attack them spread with UDFA WRs that aren't on the same page with QB after running for 150 yards.

To me, that's coaching.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gonna call bs on this. How do you, as a coach, not know how to run the clock down? How do you, as a defensive coach, not have a good defense? Why do you, as a talent evaluator, not know

calling me a troll, hate the team, etc etc but this is what RYAN gives us!? When are you clowns gonna wake up! BEEN Time for a change!!! 

2 of his best receivers gone, not running the ball at all with a lead. Playing horrible defense. All Matt's fault

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

And I believe DQ and Dirk going pass happy and abandoning the run WAY too early hung the defense out to dry the most. Yes, it put more on Matt and the pass plays came up short for various reasons. Yes, some was on Matt.

This is the Bears D and they aren't push overs. We were down Julio and Gage and trying to attack them spread with UDFA WRs that aren't on the same page with QB after running for 150 yards.

To me, that's coaching.

I understand what you are getting at. The bears defense loaded up to make sure to stop the run. We would have gone 3 and out running the ball as well. They were going to take their chances with Ryan beating them. The primitive were there on the last 4 drives before they took the lead to even complete a first down. He could not connect on those deep throws. 

I don't like Dirk as well. His play calling leaves a lot to be desired. I thought he called enough good passing plays that Ryan had to give his receiver a chance to catch our draw a interference. He didn't. He had many opportunities to score one more touchdown. I couldn't believe how many times he failed to even get a first down during the last 4 drives. Wow

Matt Ryan will be 36 at the start of next season. He will give you a couple of good seasons and after that, it's all up in the air before he's 40. He will also most likely need to learn an entirely new system with a new coach.

Trevor Lawrence will be 21 at the start of next season, Justin Fields will be 22. I would prefer Trevor Lawrence because he has high football IQ with a strong arm and athleticism, everything you want in an NFL quarterback today. He will give you 15 seasons or more of high level QB play.

Matt Ryan is the greatest QB in Falcons history and deserves a ring but putting all emotions aside, if the Falcons are in the top draft position then you really need to think about drafting the future QB, and letting Ryan go after next season. You get a new franchise QB and immediately salary cap savings.

43 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Too many on this board think it is a piece of cake to trade a veteran QB and draft a rookie QB without years of losing and change of QB's in between.

The very team we watched today is a great example - one week they are praising Trubisky as something great and a half later they are dumping him at the half in favor of a veteran QB.  Will Foles now be the Bears QB the rest of 2020?

On the other hand, you have Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson. Everyone knew Trubisky was junky coming out of college. Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields fit the mold of the athletic high IQ type not the Trubisky type.

10 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Matt Ryan will be 36 at the start of next season. He will give you a couple of good seasons and after that, it's all up in the air before he's 40. He will also most likely need to learn an entirely new system with a new coach.

Trevor Lawrence will be 21 at the start of next season, Justin Fields will be 22. I would prefer Trevor Lawrence because he has high football IQ with a strong arm and athleticism, everything you want in an NFL quarterback today. He will give you 15 seasons or more of high level QB play.

Matt Ryan is the greatest QB in Falcons history and deserves a ring but putting all emotions aside, if the Falcons are in the top draft position then you really need to think about drafting the future QB, and letting Ryan go after next season. You get a new franchise QB and immediately salary cap savings.

Really?  His questionable ability  to read defenses is his weakness... What makes you feel that Fields doesn't have a high football IQ? 

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

Really?  His questionable ability  to read defenses is his weakness... What makes you feel that Fields doesn't have a high football IQ? 

What? Almost every scouting report I read on Trevor Lawrence highlights "high football IQ" and ability to manipulate defenses. He carved up Alabama when it was loaded with NFL players. 

Wait what. We have a **** defense and zero running game and a garbage OC who believes in archaic fallacies like establishing the run and running out the clock (with a below average run unit)

I got no problem harping on Ryan when needed but he played good today (he’s played good but not elite each of the 3 games this season). I believe Ryan produces elite results with an above average OC but we’ve only had 1 to test that theory with 

46 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

What? Almost every scouting report I read on Trevor Lawrence highlights "high football IQ" and ability to manipulate defenses. He carved up Alabama when it was loaded with NFL players. 

They said the same thing about Jake Fromm...

57 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Smh people think we should’ve been running MORE 🤦‍♂️ some of y’all deserve Koetter and his predictable self

The Falcons averaged 5.8 yards per rush today and nearly had 150 yards on the ground. I don't give a rip what your made up numbers say, the real numbers say the Falcons should have continued running the ball because it was working.

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The Falcons averaged 5.8 yards per rush today and nearly had 150 yards on the ground. I don't give a rip what your made up numbers say, the real numbers say the Falcons should have continued running the ball because it was working.

Gurley had 4 rushes for 26 yards on a drive to start the third quarter.......he touched the ball 1 time after that.  It's beyond stupid to think we should have passed MORE and run LESS.

15 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Careful with that.  You never know.  Luck and Bridgewater were both supposed to do that.  One quit.  The other got a career altering injury.