*** Official Bears Vs Falcons In-Game Thread ***

Monoxide

3 minutes ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

Mentally weak? Why because the Announcer said that comment on tv which they did say? No, they were out coached. 

For one thing, early on in the 2nd QTR they had that 16 point lead and a 3rd and 2, what did the Falcons do? They tried passing the ball. 

Why is that a big deal? DUH, it is because when you sign a free agent RB like Todd Gurley why in the heck are you not letting him run the ball in that situation?

Think about that! I'm a girl and may not have played the game, but I know what I see! So you dang skippy in my opinion you CAN BLAME the coaches. 

Oh well, it is what it is and if I could make it better I would do so. I guess at the end of the day it is only a game and won't change my life either way, especially considering the circumstances here

in Georgia where Covid cases are on the rise because stupid people don't wear mask! 

All that being said, I would say the Falcons pulled off some close miracles against some great teams, but ya know what : No, their coaches beat them because of clock management and that is what got Mike Smith fired. Dan Quinn should be fired and Raheem Morris should be made the HC for now. Why? Because while the score doesn't reflect it, the defense played better than expected thanks to him. 

Just my opinion here, so flame away.  

No flamin'. You're on it. Morris for HC. They've been trying to groom him for that role. No time like the present. Well, maybe last week or before the season. Grow some balls AB and do it.

Haaaaa I step away... we are winning and check the final score and we lose by 3... HTF did they screw that up????

ATL.. . ALL TIME LOSERS!!!.... they should tatoo that on their forheads... lol.  AB. YOU GOT YOUR PRECIOUS CONTINUITY.... haaaaa I cannot respect this sad sack team of vagabonds any more.  WTH....

12 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Hold the sacred cows accountable too.

They don't just get a pass bc they're the lovelies of the team!

F8ck Ryan AND Julio.

I keep Julio, Ridley and Gage for Trevor next season.

With these injuries on defense, the Falcons will have the #1 or #2.

There are no NCAA prospects who are comparable to Chase Young's in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Need some excitement while the defense is being re-built.

I like Matt, but Falcons won't have much of a choice.

47 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He didn't even think about running the ball and eating clock because he knows we can't run the ball when the other team is looking for it. I hope out next HC brings back power running and defense.

At least it would have run some clock and forced timeouts. 3 three and outs without a running attempt. Why sign Gurley? And why no passes to Gurley out of the backfield. That’s a major strength for him. I can’t stand Koetter’s outdated 3 vertical offense. The game has passed him by IMO. 

11 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Koetter got one dimensional in the 4th. This staff has zero awareness. 

This! No awareness at all..

Both on offense and defense we just go into zombie-mode when the 4th quarter arrives. There is no direction. Not as an offense, not as a defense, and certainly not as a team. Can anybody tell me what we wanted to accomplish as a team in the 2nd half of this game? What was the overall strategy of our O and D? Because to me, the fact that we basically just line up and go through the motions in the second half tells me, that this staff (and the players as well) really have no clue how to actually win a football game.

And I am sick of it!

I think a part of the problem is there are too many chains of communication. DQ is ultimately responsible, but is not "hands on" as he doesnt call plays. Defensive playcalling is delegated to two persons, and who knows if they communicate prior to and during the game? And if DQ wants to go in a certain direction defensively during the game, he needs to call up both Morris and Ulbrich, who then needs to communicate even further with each other AND with DQ? 

I think there are too many chefs in this kitchen, and no one is stirring the stew. So it burns. 

Hard to create a direction for this team, as well as a team-wise identity, with all of these pseudo-roles on the coaching staff.. We have reached a point where responsibility has been obfuscated and overall team identity and direction is hard to change. It is like making af freighter turn sharply at sea in order to avoid the iceberg - the path dependency of so many prior decisions have led us to this situation. Only way to make this freighter turn sharply, is to rebuild it from scratch, IMO.

Edited by niels petersen

7 hours ago, Black Francis said:

At least it would have run some clock and forced timeouts. 3 three and outs without a running attempt. Why sign Gurley? And why no passes to Gurley out of the backfield. That’s a major strength for him. I can’t stand Koetter’s outdated 3 vertical offense. The game has passed him by IMO. 

Yep, you would've thought we were behind at that point and not leading.