*** Official Bears Vs Falcons In-Game Thread ***

Monoxide

Just fire them all. I'm a high school coach and I could've done this better. Can someone pay me a lot of money to continually meltdown and not be able to finish anything. The look on Julio's face in the fourth quarter was right there with mine. The oh here we go again look. DQ ripping off his headset afterwards tells me he knows he is either fired or on the hot seat for once.

1 minute ago, Mescalito said:

Yeah, I want to keep Hurst too.  What happened to him in this game though?  He had that td but other than that he completely disappeared.  Does Koetter just not know how to use him?

That’s my opinion. Or they had a game plan for him in 3 receiver sets. But when Gage went out, that changed everything 

Just now, I Even Bleed Red said:

Hold the sacred cows accountable too.

They don't just get a pass bc they're the lovelies of the team!

F8ck Ryan AND Julio.

I feel your frustration man. And screw any fan that calls you a troll, fake fan, or whatever other lame name they want to throw around now. Doesn't change the ineptitude of the team.

3 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Hold the sacred cows accountable too.

They don't just get a pass bc they're the lovelies of the team!

F8ck Ryan AND Julio.

Unfortunately you're probably right. JMO but if you can't carry the team on your back, you're fair game to be traded. I've felt this way about MR for about the past year. My other fear is nothing will change until our owner changers. Where are the Smith's when you need them. Can they buy the team back at a discount?

4 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

I feel your frustration man. And screw any fan that calls you a troll, fake fan, or whatever other lame name they want to throw around now. Doesn't change the ineptitude of the team.

Calling me a fake fan doesn't excuse grown a*s men of their accountability. 

These guys are professionals. They know it, I know it. Their heads should be on the chopping block. 

Enough of not blaming Ryan or Julio. They both are good players, nothing more. 

1 minute ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Calling me a fake fan doesn't excuse grown a*s men of their accountability. 

These guys are professionals. They know it, I know it. Their heads should be on the chopping block. 

Enough of not blaming Ryan or Julio. They both are good players, nothing more. 

Point blank. . .  no more of this sacred cow golden child bull. ****.  

Edited by Halcon-1

9 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Why spread the field using 3 UDFA WR with a two score lead? Bring in the extra TE to deal with Mack and run the ball and clock. What happened to Hurst today? Where was he? 

Losing Gage was big. No one was around on 3rd down passes. 

Why did Koetter go all dumb***?

I honestly think Quinn told him to stay aggressive and to go for another score.

3 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

The entire team choked in the 4th qtr. Offense, defense and spacial team. Can't blame one player or one coach. This team is mentally weak right now.

Mentally weak? Why because the Announcer said that comment on tv which they did say? No, they were out coached. 

For one thing, early on in the 2nd QTR they had that 16 point lead and a 3rd and 2, what did the Falcons do? They tried passing the ball. 

Why is that a big deal? DUH, it is because when you sign a free agent RB like Todd Gurley why in the heck are you not letting him run the ball in that situation?

Think about that! I'm a girl and may not have played the game, but I know what I see! So you dang skippy in my opinion you CAN BLAME the coaches. 

Oh well, it is what it is and if I could make it better I would do so. I guess at the end of the day it is only a game and won't change my life either way, especially considering the circumstances here

in Georgia where Covid cases are on the rise because stupid people don't wear mask! 

All that being said, I would say the Falcons pulled off some close miracles against some great teams, but ya know what : No, their coaches beat them because of clock management and that is what got Mike Smith fired. Dan Quinn should be fired and Raheem Morris should be made the HC for now. Why? Because while the score doesn't reflect it, the defense played better than expected thanks to him. 

Just my opinion here, so flame away.  

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

Unfortunately you're probably right. JMO but if you can't carry the team on your back, you're fair game to be traded. I've felt this way about MR for about the past year. My other fear is nothing will change until our owner changers. Where are the Smith's when you need them. Can they buy the team back at a discount?

Matt Ryan is a good QB. Julio is a good WR. They (along with Mack) have ALL of the capspace 

Ridley is a better WR. Ryan has the worst deep ball of any top 10 QB. 

Enough said.

I’m back to say that the Saints did lose Monday night to help y’all salvage some happiness after last Sunday.  
After today, I don’t know what to tell you and as a Saints fan that’s saying a lot.  
but again i say you can still root for a saints loss tonight.  
the falcons are trying to become the franchise the Saints were years ago when we wore bags to the game.  
i would never wear a bag and my team is my team regardless of wins and losses.  
Yall keep your heads up.  Thankfully, football does not our lives make.  
i won’t go into any details, but my recent life journey has made me realize that sports aren’t my life.  I hope y’all can reflect on other things because some of my fellow fans are gonna be ridiculous I’m sure.  
till next week y’all have a Blessed one.  

Edited by Lagniappe

12 minutes ago, dragonsyth said:

I’m ok with Hurst and Hill too. (Hill had that one drop but he’s a really good change of pace.)

I am having questions about Hurst.  I thought he would be a very good TE for Atlanta.  Hurst missed a block earlier in the game permitting Ryan to get sacked.  I noticed him with his mouthpiece not in his mouth a the start of the play....that telegraphed that he was not going to be doing anything on the play (which he didn't...it was a running play going the opposite of where he was).  I have been questioning why they have not been throwing the ball to him more often....maybe it is Hurst?  He was the #2 or #3 TE for Baltimore, maybe there was a reason?