My absolute top requirement in a new HC and coaching staff

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah I was hoping for a dumber, worse coach.

I could care less about rah rah, brotherhood, players coach, disciplinarian etc. What I want first and foremost is someone who can look across the field at Sean Payton, Andy Reid, Bill Belichik a

If they don’t have stupid catch phrases I’m out 

On 9/26/2020 at 4:05 PM, LouDog said:

Good luck finding someone that can outcoach Belichick

Yeah, we're so stupid. All we need is a HC that can intimate and out coach the greatest HC of all time. What are we waiting for when its so easy to do? Sprinkle the reply with purple unicorn dust please. 

1 minute ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Why? It's not possible to find a smarter coach than those guys. 

I don't agree. I believe that there are intelligent guys coming up systems as we speak.  We just have to find one that can organize, prioritize and set up a coaching staff that will teach.  

On 9/26/2020 at 8:39 PM, marvinthemartian said:

I hope we turn it around as well. I have been a fan since 1966. Watched my first game with my dad when I was 4 years old. Been hooked ever since. I’m not sure who we should pick. I’m simply saying they really need to get this pick right IF they have to make one. The sexy names may not be the best. The best choice may be someone none of us are thinking about. I am just sick and tired of being outcoached. I’ve seen every single coach this franchise has ever had. All of them. And there hasn’t been a single one that other respectable  teams were clamoring for when they left here. From Norb Hecker to Dan Quinn, not a single one has been a coach other teams were envious of us having. With the possible exception of Dan Reeves, none of them were or are held in high regard throughout the league. I’m tired of that. I hope DQ has an epiphany and becomes a great coach and wins multiple Super Bowls. Honesty compels me to have serious doubts that this will happen. Why can’t the Falcons find and develop a Knoll, Walsh or other respected and feared coach throughout the league who provides continuity by being a consistent long term winner. I don’t care how good our athletes are, if they are continually getting outcoached, we will never win a Super Bowl. We can have 53 first round draft picks and if they are poorly coached we will be mediocre at best. 

Because guys like you are mentioning don't grow on trees.

2 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I don't agree. I believe that there are intelligent guys coming up systems as we speak.  We just have to find one that can organize, prioritize and set up a coaching staff that will teach.  

Of course there are guys that could be good, but guys like BB don't grow on trees. There probably will NEVER be another BB. He's in a class by himself with 6 rings.

5 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Of course there are guys that could be good, but guys like BB don't grow on trees. There probably will NEVER be another BB. He's in a class by himself with 6 rings.

BB is the best head coach in NFL history.  However, other coaches were mentioned.  There is no reason we can't have an intelligent head coach leading this team. 

On 9/26/2020 at 9:27 PM, marvinthemartian said:

No? Really? My guy, I didn’t know that. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Well since you said that I guess there is no chance that we can get one then. We may as well not even try. Let’s just keep Quinn and sign him to a lifetime extension of his contract. I’m sorry but I am tired of settling. Why can’t we hire the next Lombardi, Walsh, Shula, Landry etc? They were all relatively unknown assistant coaches but somebody made the right hire and changed the course of their franchise. Why can’t that be us???

It's like buying a Lotto ticket, not good odds.