You have to wonder how we are 0-2 when you look at our overall offensive numbers  compared to our opponents:

• # of Drives: Us 24, Them 24
  • Scoring %: Us 54.2%, Them 54.2%
  • Turnover %: Us 8%, Them 12%

So we are winning the turnover margin, scoring on a per drive basis the exact same as our opponent yet are somehow -14 where it matters, on the scoreboard

The rub is in the red zone.  Our offense is scoring TD’s 62.5% of time they reach the RZ while our opponents are at 90%.  Defense needs to grow a pair when they are in the red area.  

Davison & Sheffield can’t get here fast enough

59 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Yep, the defense is atrocious. The turnover numbers are boosted by DAL having fumblitis for a half a game, and I am not expecting that to keep up.

never would have thought Morris/Ulbrich would have been a much bigger problem than Koetter.

It wasn't fumblitis those balls were knocked out by the defense actually playing. Foye was a monster. Give him credit. He earned it.

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

It wasn't fumblitis those balls were knocked out by the defense actually playing. Foye was a monster. Give him credit. He earned it.

You are right. I guess I should have said I don’t expect it to continue, and that 1/2 is skewing the stats. Thanks for pointing it out!

2 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

Imagine this team if we had an average offense with its same defense over the past 12 years, now imagine this team with its same offense but with even a slightly above average to good (not great) defense.....why is a good defense so hard to come by in Atlanta??? 😡😡🤬

Well, you need to start with a good defensive coach.  We have not had one here since Zimmer.  

4 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Was looking forward to end of game stat line before injury.  God knows this team needs a playmaker.

Wonder if he got performance enhancing tested this week.

Using that “Peanut Punch” / “Seattle Punch” to its fullest. I have yet to see an official throw a flag for that, supposed to be illegal per the rule book

Edited by wartownfalcon