Something Is Just Not Right ....

21 hours ago, Falcon You said:

I see members here posting saying that Ryan is #2 in yards and Ridley is #1 in Yards and TDs.  Who cares where they fall on the stat lists.  We are 0-2.  I wouldn't care if Ryan has thrown for 1500 yards already and ran for 1000 yards.  If we lose the game, it doesn't matter about the stats.  Stats are for ESPN.

Here's a suggestion. Don't tell other fans how to fan. If we want to appreciate individual effort divorced from the team results that is our right. If you've watched this team as long as some of us have pulling for the players during the turd storms we've seen since the 70s is what we do.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Falcons are 109-82 with Ryan at QB. He’s a winner in spite of all the incompetency of organization.

Blaming Ryan for this teams problems is like blaming the window washer at the Texas Book Depository for the Kennedy assassination.

Gotta call BS on that if you are implying/attributing those to Ryan. Ive been saying in here for 3 years now we need a better HC.

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

No one is settling, we need better defenses and his all time win % would sky rocket, 

From the response of, "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner", that seems like you are happy with that win-loss stat.  Again, I am not saying Ryan is the main reason why we are what we are.  I agree we need our defense to play much better.  We need a pass rush like nobody's business.  A slightly over .500 winning percentage is nothing to be praising.  Granted, I know winning in the NFL is not easy, but come on.  He has had a slew of talent on his side of the ball and .562 winning percentage is too low.  We have lost a lot of games against worse teams and we have blown leads repeatedly.  I just expect us fans to look at everything associated with this team and not give anyone a pass, especially when us fans throw stats around like they matter.

41 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Here's a suggestion. Don't tell other fans how to fan. If we want to appreciate individual effort divorced from the team results that is our right. If you've watched this team as long as some of us have pulling for the players during the turd storms we've seen since the 70s is what we do.

I don't see why everyone gets all bent out of shape if someone says something that is not a homer statement.  Where in my statement did I say be a fan like this and not like that.  All I said was, who cares for useless stats when we lose.  Why does that statement bother you?  Is that a true statement?  How has Ryan and Ridley leading in certain statistical categories helped this year so far?  

I have rooted for the Falcons since the early 80s.  I have been through all the heartache myself.  Honest question, us being 0-2 and Ryan and Ridley leading in numerous stat categories makes you feel better about this team?  Honest question, not trying to be a d!ck

Just now, Falcon You said:

I don't see why everyone gets all bent out of shape if someone says something that is not a homer statement.  Where in my statement did I say be a fan like this and not like that.  All I said was, who cares for useless stats when we lose.  Why does that statement bother you?  Is that a true statement?  How has Ryan and Ridley leading in certain statistical categories helped this year so far?  

I have rooted for the Falcons since the early 80s.  I have been through all the heartache myself.  Honest question, us being 0-2 and Ryan and Ridley leading in numerous stat categories makes you feel better about this team?  Honest question, not trying to be a d!ck

I've made my position clear. I can divorce my feelings about the team from the individual players. It is not a difficult concept to grasp. Acting like fans can't be happy over players having success is where you are getting pushback.

8 hours ago, Falcon You said:

That stat is not that impressive.   I think he is .562% in his career and I want more.  Why settle for just being a little over .500?  Why wouldn't you want more than that?  You cheer for just a little better than average.  Again, I do believe Ryan is the best QB the Falcons have ever had.  He is exactly what this team needed after Vick completely killed this team with his stupidity.  Ryan is safe and will never get in trouble off the field and this team needed that.  He is very consistent and plays very well, but something is missing.  Something is just not adding up.  He doesn't seem to be in control of this team.  He relies way too much on his coordinators.  He is only as good as his coordinators.  Shouldn't be the case for a vet like him.

Not impressive, are you ******* serious????? He’s 14th all-time in NFL history QB wins with no signs of slowing down. Back here on planet earth, that’s frankly an amazing accomplishment for anyone, but especially considering the falcon culture he came into, and the lack of infrastructure built around him (Coaching, defense, OL et al) for most of his career.

FYI, Ryan’s win % is better than HOF QB Troy Aikman, without near the quality coaching, OL, RB nor defense that Aikman had around him. 

Ryan’s W% not just better than Aikman’s either, we can go on and on. Check out Namath, Tarkenton, quite a few others. Sonny Jurgeson’s win % was  .486%.

Take your bull crapola somewhere else, you guys don’t know a winner when you see one. You've just flat out embarrassed yourselves in here.

4 hours ago, Falcon You said:

From the response of, "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner", that seems like you are happy with that win-loss stat.  Again, I am not saying Ryan is the main reason why we are what we are.  I agree we need our defense to play much better.  We need a pass rush like nobody's business.  A slightly over .500 winning percentage is nothing to be praising.  Granted, I know winning in the NFL is not easy, but come on.  He has had a slew of talent on his side of the ball and .562 winning percentage is too low.  We have lost a lot of games against worse teams and we have blown leads repeatedly.  I just expect us fans to look at everything associated with this team and not give anyone a pass, especially when us fans throw stats around like they matter.

No, I was agreeing with @Vandy assessment earlier.

9 hours ago, caponine said:

Thats exactly what i mean, he did it in the SB and he has continued to make these boneheaded mistakes and play that contribute to the losses. There are a few plays a game where he looks like a rookie again. As a team, some of the blame has to go to him 

Your logic = he ran the plays that were called in the SB!! :lol:

And, then, equate that to these losses where people like you say the QB didn’t do enough?

So, should he drop back to pass or not with a lead? :tiphat:

Make up your mind.

When the lead goes away, he is to blame either way so why not keep throwing with garbage takes like this.

I mean wow, what a genius double standard, easy to follow and impossible to please! :lol:

PS: Rofl that Ryan makes rookie mistakes every game. “Ryan missed a pass. ROOKIE!”

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Not impressive, are you ******* serious????? He’s 14th all-time in NFL history QB wins with no signs of slowing down. Back here on planet earth, that’s frankly an amazing accomplishment for anyone, but especially considering the falcon culture he came into, and the lack of infrastructure built around him (Coaching, defense, OL et al) for most of his career.

FYI, Ryan’s win % is better than HOF QB Troy Aikman, without near the quality coaching, OL, RB nor defense that Aikman had around him. 

Ryan’s W% not just better than Aikman’s either, we can go on and on. Check out Namath, Tarkenton, quite a few others. Sonny Jurgeson’s win % was  .486%.

Take your bull crapola somewhere else, you guys don’t know a winner when you see one. You've just flat out embarrassed yourselves in here.

It’s pretty much he has Julio mentality “logical” and “reasonable” posters use to disprove the fake news about defense, OL, a run game and coaching being a factor. If you have receivers tho? AUTO WIN.

In fact, Julio automatically is worth 12 wins a year with just a good QB. Nothing else matters. Matty “just ok” Ryan hasn’t done enough with Julio.

Plus, when he did have a good run game with Turner; forget that guy played here 8 years ago, doesn’t matter. So he HAD a RB before and we won more often...oh, wait... BUT HE STILL HAS JULIO!!

Nothing else matters. Just like how DHop won a ring with a better QB like Watson. Just like how Moss got a ring with GOAT Brady. All these FACTS and people just don’t get it. Ryan IS the problem! If you have an elite WR, you can’t be an elite QB and if you were one you win Super Bowls. Period.

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

What's an embarrassment is that some of you are so quick to call people names and degrade them for questioning our QB because of all the blunders and embarrassing loses.  Losing in the Super Bowl when we are up 28-3 is a ******* embarrassment!  Losing on Sunday when we we had like 100 turnovers and were up 20-0 is an embarrassment!  Me questioning the leader on the field of my favorite team is not an embarrassment!  It is my right as a devoted fan.

Regardless of what you or I think of Ryan and what place he "ranks", he can't win the big game and that has always been his problem.  Read what Caponine and I are actually saying.  We are not saying Ryan is not a good QB, we just want him to be held accountable just like everyone else is holding others accountable.  How is that bull crapola, as you eloquently said?

27 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Your logic = he ran the plays that were called in the SB!! :lol:

And, then, equate that to these losses where people like you say the QB didn’t do enough?

So, should he drop back to pass or not with a lead? :tiphat:

Make up your mind.

When the lead goes away, he is to blame either way so why not keep throwing with garbage takes like this.

I mean wow, what a genius double standard, easy to follow and impossible to please! :lol:

PS: Rofl that Ryan makes rookie mistakes every game. “Ryan missed a pass. ROOKIE!”

Ok so first off he could have easily changed the play at the LOS, a simple concept you cant seem to understand. 

Yeah because Brady , Rodgers,  Brees , Wilson would throw in those situations..

Whatever you want him to idc, just close out games and win them.

He is partially to blame when you give up enormous leads in big game, SF in 2012, Saints more than once, Pats, Dallas, Lions, Colts, GB again, Panthers, Giants etc. There has been more than 40 blown leads by the falcons since like 2012 or 2013. Cant put all the blame on the coach,  Ryan has to get some of the blame, just like the rest of the team. 

14 minutes ago, Falcon You said:

@Vandy is obviously a stats guy.  He rather have 150 wins and no chips.  He compared Ryan to Aikman and how Ryan has a better winning percentage.  Simple Question...what is Ryan's super bowl win loss percentage?

Ah, the ‘ole “SB win is a QB stat” argument.

Looking at a player’s body of work and overall team record is one thing. Determining based solely on W/L in the SB, without objectively looking at the actual QB performance, is narrative driven at best and ignorant or delusional as well most of the time.

7 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I've made my position clear. I can divorce my feelings about the team from the individual players. It is not a difficult concept to grasp. Acting like fans can't be happy over players having success is where you are getting pushback.

I hear your point and I agree that seeing your player do well is fun and exciting, but if they lose the game it doesn't matter.  Ryan and Ridley are killing it in the stats, but we are losing.  It is like celebrating a TD when you are down by 20 points.  I might get pushback, but I just don't understand the happiness you get from that.  I'm not dense and I can grasp the concept, but I just don't get it.  Go ahead and cheer for them to blow it up in the stats.  

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

Ok so first off he could have easily changed the play at the LOS, a simple concept you cant seem to understand. 

Yeah because Brady , Rodgers,  Brees , Wilson would throw in those situations..

Whatever you want him to idc, just close out games and win them.

He is partially to blame when you give up enormous leads in big game, SF in 2012, Saints more than once, Pats, Dallas, Lions, Colts, GB again, Panthers, Giants etc. There has been more than 40 blown leads by the falcons since like 2012 or 2013. Cant put all the blame on the coach,  Ryan has to get some of the blame, just like the rest of the team. 

40 blown leads? Nope. Pulling those objective stats right out of the air. It has become elevated since the run game and defense; in particular, have gotten much worse since 2012.

And, yes Wilson, Brady, Brees etc all have thrown crippling INTs in the playoffs. Super Bowls at that.

And, no, the one who has it backward is you. Kyle Shanahan’s offense was ran without true audibles.

It’s almost like coaching doesn’t matter in your world. Or a deeper dive at facts, but ok. :tiphat:

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Looking at a player’s body of work and overall team record is one thing. Determining based solely on W/L in the SB, without objectively looking at the actual QB performance, is narrative driven at best and ignorant or delusional as well most of the time.

They gave up 25 points in the SB ..... no matter how much u wannna sugarcoat it or make excuses, Ryan was apart of that. So he should get some of the blame just as the rest of the team did 

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Dude, who said anything about SB wins are a QB Stat?  Everyone here assumes **** so quickly.  Vandy and I are debating on the importance of stats and he used Aikman as a comparison.  I believe Aikman is 3-0 in Super Bowls and Ryan is not.  All I said.   Read the post before you jump the gun brother.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

40 blown leads? Nope. Pulling those objective stats right out of the air.

And, yes Wilson, Brady, Brees etc all have thrown crippling INTs in the playoffs. Super Bowls at that.

And, no, the one who has it backward is you. Kyle Shanahan’s offense was ran without true audibles.

It’s almost like coaching doesn’t matter in your world. Or a deeper dive at facts, but ok. :tiphat:

Ok you keep making excuses as to why Ryan shouldnt be held accountable along with the team, like he is above the rest of them 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

Ok you keep making excuses as to why Ryan shouldnt be helf accountable along wuth the team, like he is above the rest of them 

I don't think anyone is reading the post bro.  They all are seeing red now cause they think you said Ryan is to blame for all of our loses.  Me jumping on your bandwagon has them seeing red towards me now.  If I was sensitive, I would be offended and go hide in my closet for the rest of the weekend.  Oh, I think their is a cold beer calling my name in my garage fridge. 

You homers enjoy your weekend.  Cheers to the Falcons not blowing a 30 point lead this weekend!

Troy Aikman had an amazing first SB run. In his other 2 SB appearances, 1 TD and 1 INT total...2 wins for his efforts. Almost like he had a defense and run game.

Now, look at SB51 objectively and at all the critical plays that ended drives or hurt our chances of closing.

The defense could not get off the field most of the game; allowing nearly double the plays the Patriots defense faced.

The run game was not leaned on much even given the relatively few offensive plays our offense got.

Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson etc have never won a SB with a defense as bad as our 2016 unit. Just getting to the big game was a rare feat.

Even if you run the ball or kneel, it doesn’t guarantee a FG is made or the Pats are stopped.

All people grasp at looking back in that game is hindsight straw grabbing if putting any reasonable % of “blame” onto Ryan specifically, but most of those takes ignore where burden of decision making rests when it comes to strategy and control of the team; which the Head Coach is responsible for, and ignore the actual player mistakes that happened.

When will OTHERS be accountable is the real question, because we get a Ryan bash thread any time we lose whether he himself performs well or not doesn’t matter.

Yet, you try to proclaim “fairness!!”

:rolleyes:
Ok, how about most weeks any QB won’t likely have a perfect game; unless playing the Falcons defense, and even when they seemingly do otherwise our team finds a way to lose despite Ryan basically having flawless games.

There is a distinct pattern with the Falcons losing and clear reason.

None of it sits with or includes Ryan just by virtue of being 

But as they say, common sense isn’t so common.

This thread is just another proof of that. It’s embarrassing. Just like the Falcons.

17 minutes ago, Falcon You said:

Dude, who said anything about SB wins are a QB Stat?  Everyone here assumes **** so quickly.  Vandy and I are debating on the importance of stats and he used Aikman as a comparison.  I believe Aikman is 3-0 in Super Bowls and Ryan is not.  All I said.   Read the post before you jump the gun brother.

Ok so you have no point. Gotcha.

18 minutes ago, caponine said:

Ok you keep making excuses as to why Ryan shouldnt be held accountable along with the team, like he is above the rest of them 

Making an excuse = relaying facts in your world.

Let’s try something else...

You seem to want to stick with cliche “win/lose as a team”...ok, that’s nice. I get it.

Now, how does the team improve and close games? If you casually want to place blame just by virtue of being on the team, fine seems basic enough.

If one is to break down actual reason and look at the facts? Look at the best examples in recent history, Ryan has been for sake of the argument close to perfection in several games just in the past couple of years and we have lost those games. In other games, he has thrown multiple picks and not had games nearly as good. We won a couple of those!

What’s the inconsistent factor to Winning and Losing?

On 9/24/2020 at 11:04 AM, Falcon You said:

I agree with pretty much everything @caponineis saying.  He is giving examples and not throwing Ryan under the bus.  From what I am reading here, he is just asking for us fans to pass a little blame his way.  Just because he has stats doesn't mean he is not to blame at all.  If Jordan put up all the numbers he did in his career and never won a championship, would he be considered the best ever.  Stats are not that important.  Another example of someone who just played with, Russell Wilson is someone that never leads in stats, but the most important stat is wins.  He doesn't throw for 400 yds and 5 TDs every game, but he does the LITTLE things to win the game.  Keep talking @caponine.  I like that there is actually a rational fan in Atlanta.  We are sub par people.  To me, that means something is not right.  Ryan is not to blame for everything, but he is the QB.  Someone at this point of his career should be in control a lot more and not run some of these bonehead plays at bonehead times.

Dude we all have our opinions but talking about bonehead post. You sound like the guy we need for our next HC....you know it all