Something Is Just Not Right ....

If you cant handle the franchise QB getting criticized then maybe you aint built for this. It comes with the territory, period.

Lebron James has haters, Vick had haters, MJ, Kobe, Mohammed Ali, **** I hate on Tom Brady all the time, and we all crap on Brees any chance we can get.

In the end, my opinion dont mean ish, neither does anyone else's. Thats just what people do. The only players that dont get criticized  are the ones that arent worth talking about.

Its no reason to get all tight about it. Its a high profile position and under a microscope. Scrutiny comes with the job.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Falcons are 109-82 with Ryan at QB. He’s a winner in spite of all the incompetency of organization.

Blaming Ryan for this teams problems is like blaming the window washer at the Texas Book Depository for the Kennedy assassination.

Gotta call BS on that if you are implying/attributing those to Ryan. Ive been saying in here for 3 years now we need a better HC.

Posted Images

16 hours ago, caponine said:

Why is he the only that doesnt get blamed when everyone else gets blamed ?? 

LOL!  Surely you are making a joke right?  The board has no shortage of MR haters who spend countless hours bashing Ryan like a red headed step child. Most of it unfairly.  

After two weeks of diarrhea defense of epic implosions, your troll buddies embarrass themselves with absurd MR blame.  And we're supposed to take this thread seriously bro???  

Stop lying please.  Just stop it.  You are insulting our intelligence again.  You know dam well Ryan gets an abundance of blame for just about everything & you have the nerve to say otherwise. 

Here's the real truth ready?  When the BS flies & the haters go in on MR with unfair nonsense (which happens quite a bit) folks push back & call it out.  Then your interpretation is  "hey, why are you guys covering for Ryan?" "Why does he not get any blame like everyone else?" WTH Caponine??  We must be living in Bizarro world or something.

As far as I know, nobody is protecting MR from criticism.  When he fks up, he gets hammered.  As well he should.  Just like all QB's, it's a tough position that opens you up for lots of critique.  Sometimes they absorb the criticism even though lots of other factors didn't work out like blitzing, pattern timing, blocking, disguises etc..  It comes with the territory.  It's why it's by far the most difficult position to play.  No worries though, Ryan has big shoulders man. He'll never ever blame his team mates nor will he **** on his coaches.  

27 minutes ago, Sell The Team, Art said:

Part of it's poor coaching, part of it is just simple ATL luck.  I've been seeing that (other than the Braves' '95 WS win) for almost my entire life.  It just sort of is what it is.

I won't make excuses for this team, but yea. 8/10 times that thing goes out of bounds or stops before going 10 yards probably.

Edited by Dr Long Shot
2 hours ago, Falcon You said:

I agree with pretty much everything @caponineis saying.  He is giving examples and not throwing Ryan under the bus.  From what I am reading here, he is just asking for us fans to pass a little blame his way.  Just because he has stats doesn't mean he is not to blame at all.  If Jordan put up all the numbers he did in his career and never won a championship, would he be considered the best ever.  Stats are not that important.  Another example of someone who just played with, Russell Wilson is someone that never leads in stats, but the most important stat is wins.  He doesn't throw for 400 yds and 5 TDs every game, but he does the LITTLE things to win the game.  Keep talking @caponine.  I like that there is actually a rational fan in Atlanta.  We are sub par people.  To me, that means something is not right.  Ryan is not to blame for everything, but he is the QB.  Someone at this point of his career should be in control a lot more and not run some of these bonehead plays at bonehead times.

1 hour ago, caponine said:

Thank you , finally someone gets it. Its not throwing ryan under the bus or putting all the blame on him but he deserves a piece of the blame too. 

They are intentionally missing the point, they know what i mean but still continue to try and bring in all these stats that relevant to the topic. 

🥰

Thank you , finally someone gets it. Its not throwing ryan under the bus or putting all the blame on him but he deserves a piece of the blame too. 

They are intentionally missing the point, they know what i mean but still continue to try and bring in all these stats that relevant to the topic. 

I was glad you said what you said, cause I have felt exactly like you have.  I just never knew how to explain it.  I still have a hard time explaining what is wrong with Ryan.  He does almost everything right and great, but he doesn't have something.  I watch QBs like Russell Wilson and wish my QB would play like he does.  Wilson doesn't have the skills that even Ryan has, but he plays the position much better, if you ask me.  I envision my QB to get a call from the coach and has the smarts and balls to change the play.  I blame a lot of the Super Bowl on Ryan.  Why didn't he say, no we don't need to throw the ball here.  Lets run the ball and kill the clock and go home champs.  Another thing that weighs on my mind, Ryan said in an interview or video that he doesn't want to think on the field.  He wants the play called into him and he run the play.  That made me think differently of him.  When he first started with us, he was compared to Peyton because of his work ethics and I remember everyone was wanting him to run the no huddle.  He did run it a little, but from me hearing that he doesn't want to think on the field makes me think he didn't like to run the no huddle.  Peyton was the QB he was cause he controlled the game.  Peyton rarely had a bad year even with multiple OC because he ran the offense and OC supported him.

Why as fans do we just give him the pass and say he puts up the numbers and shouldn't take any blame?  Why can't we expect from our QB?  He is the single most important athlete in Atlanta.  There is no other Athlete in Atlanta that has more responsibility and can control the outcome of a game almost entirely on his own.

I see members here posting saying that Ryan is #2 in yards and Ridley is #1 in Yards and TDs.  Who cares where they fall on the stat lists.  We are 0-2.  I wouldn't care if Ryan has thrown for 1500 yards already and ran for 1000 yards.  If we lose the game, it doesn't matter about the stats.  Stats are for ESPN.

Edited by Falcon You
17 minutes ago, Falcon You said:

I was glad you said what you said, cause I have felt exactly like you have.  I just never knew how to explain it.  I still have a hard time explaining what is wrong with Ryan.  He does almost everything right and great, but he doesn't have something.  I watch QBs like Russell Wilson and wish my QB would play like he does.  Wilson doesn't have the skills that even Ryan has, but he plays the position much better, if you ask me.  I envision my QB to get a call from the coach and has the smarts and balls to change the play.  I blame a lot of the Super Bowl on Ryan.  Why didn't he say, no we don't need to throw the ball here.  Lets run the ball and kill the clock and go home champs.  Another thing that weighs on my mind, Ryan said in an interview or video that he doesn't want to think on the field.  He wants the play called into him and he run the play.  That made me think differently of him.  When he first started with us, he was compared to Peyton because of his work ethics and I remember everyone was wanting him to run the no huddle.  He did run it a little, but from me hearing that he doesn't want to think on the field makes me think he didn't like to run the no huddle.  Peyton was the QB he was cause he controlled the game.  Peyton rarely had a bad year even with multiple OC because he ran the offense and OC supported him.

Why as fans do we just give him the pass and say he puts up the numbers and shouldn't take any blame?  Why can't we expect from our QB?  He is the single most important athlete in Atlanta.  There is no other Athlete in Atlanta that has more responsibility and can control the outcome of a game almost entirely on his own.

Most of that first paragraph is how i feel and what im talking about. Its like he has too many blunders in games. I feel like if the defense is failing you then the QB needs to step up even more, they blew a huge lead in the SB. Part of the blame for that has to go to Ryan as well as the whole team that just choked it away, but it hasnt been just one game where he has had  those mistakes that just cant happen its at such critical points in games too. I say all this to say Matt Ryan being part of the team, has some blame as does the other players and coaches. Thats not knocking Ryan, thats just simply pointing out holding every player accountable even Ryan and Julio 

48 minutes ago, Falcon You said:

I still have a hard time explaining what is wrong with Ryan.  He does almost everything right and great, but he doesn't have something.  I watch QBs like Russell Wilson and wish my QB would play like he does.  Wilson doesn't have the skills that even Ryan has, but he plays the position much better, if you ask me. 

Ryan vs. Wilson in Playoffs:

Ryan 2-0

52 minutes ago, Falcon You said:

I hear you, but are you telling me you think Ryan is a better QB than Wilson is at this point of their careers?

I said nothing of the sort - so, you've made a faulty leap of logic there.  Given Russ is four years younger, and a helluva QB, I choose Russ today.  Give me the choice of either to start a franchise, at the beginning of their careers, and I'm taking Matt Ryan due to his size, and scheme versatility.

But, I wouldn't argue with anyone who would take Russell Wilson given that scenario.  They are both THAT great.  Historically great.  Can't lose proposition.  In fact, if you think Russell Wilson is great, you have to concede Matt Ryan is great (and vice versa)...

Russell Wilson's Career Similarity Years 3-8:

ryanruss.thumb.JPG.cd77a3080d5a2298d584ea820a89a711.JPG

Pretty undeniably great, right?

Now, what about Matt Ryan's career similarity?

ryan.thumb.JPG.cb0b698d8244c0228c5347897dfaa490.JPG

Moral of the story: You have a hard time explaining what is wrong with Ryan, because there is nothing wrong with Ryan. 

Edited by AndrewsFrancisBart
2 hours ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

I said nothing of the sort - so, you've made a faulty leap of logic there.  Given Russ is four years younger, and a helluva QB, I choose Russ today.  Give me the choice of either to start a franchise, at the beginning of their careers, and I'm taking Matt Ryan due to his size, and scheme versatility.

But, I wouldn't argue with anyone who would take Russell Wilson given that scenario.  They are both THAT great.  Historically great.  Can't lose proposition.  In fact, if you think Russell Wilson is great, you have to concede Matt Ryan is great (and vice versa)...

Russell Wilson's Career Similarity Years 3-8:

ryanruss.thumb.JPG.cd77a3080d5a2298d584ea820a89a711.JPG

Pretty undeniably great, right?

Now, what about Matt Ryan's career similarity?

ryan.thumb.JPG.cb0b698d8244c0228c5347897dfaa490.JPG

Moral of the story: You have a hard time explaining what is wrong with Ryan, because there is nothing wrong with Ryan. 

I didn't assume anything. I simply asked a question.  You are the one making the faulty leap bud, but good research info

On 9/23/2020 at 4:41 PM, caponine said:

Ok ill give you a few, im not saying all are on him but just things he knew he should do that he didnt. 

Threw the ball right to the defender in 2010 nfc playoffs against GB

Pats game, i still feel like he should have changed the played at the LOS and run it three straight times

The eagles the next year in the playoffs that we lost, 

The giants game in the 2011 playoffs,

The 49ers game in 2012, in playoffs

Again im not knocking him but he has been these same mistakes for years now. I know  people will come at me because of this but he has been making these mistakes with Smith and now Quinn. Im not putting it all on him but he definitely should have some of the blame as part of the team. 

How about not refusing to drop back and pass in the Superbowl.

That is one i am pissed about.

23 minutes ago, Dukeduke211 said:

How about not refusing to drop back and pass in the Superbowl.

That is one i am pissed about.

Thats exactly what i mean, he did it in the SB and he has continued to make these boneheaded mistakes and play that contribute to the losses. There are a few plays a game where he looks like a rookie again. As a team, some of the blame has to go to him 

9 hours ago, caponine said:

You said one thing and they completely ran with it lol just like a few others on here did 

Yeah, it has always been hard to speak on an unpopular opinion on these boards.  I don't have a lot of posts because most times your opinion is trashed or you get ganged up on.  I have been on these boards for 15 years and barely ever post.  Your post caught my eye, cause it mirrored my same opinion.  I get tired of our fan base being content with being average or worse.  Something is very wrong with this team and you have to start with the top people.  Owner, GM, HC, Coordinators and then QB.  It goes in that order.  Everyone is screaming about everyone else except for Ryan because he is putting up good numbers.  Stats are only for fun and don't say if a player is good or not.  We will never get better if we don't figure out the root cause of our problem.  Not saying Ryan is the cause, but he should be looked at too.  He is the constant through all these years, why shouldn't we question him?

Edited by Falcon You

If the light was ever going to switch on for this team, this is the week it would happen. That onside kick debacle has to put the question in there minds of "Just what in the #$%^ are we doing here?" "Do we even want to win?" 

I usually don't put that much emphasis on 1 single game in the early stages of the season, but I think this Sunday is different. The Falcons should be absolutely embarrassed at this point. To lose in a tough way is 1 thing...but to look completely clueless while doing it is another! If the Falcons go down this Sunday...I think this whole regime is toast. And it will remain so until you start a complete rebuild.  

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Winner winner chicken dinner

That stat is not that impressive.   I think he is .562% in his career and I want more.  Why settle for just being a little over .500?  Why wouldn't you want more than that?  You cheer for just a little better than average.  Again, I do believe Ryan is the best QB the Falcons have ever had.  He is exactly what this team needed after Vick completely killed this team with his stupidity.  Ryan is safe and will never get in trouble off the field and this team needed that.  He is very consistent and plays very well, but something is missing.  Something is just not adding up.  He doesn't seem to be in control of this team.  He relies way too much on his coordinators.  He is only as good as his coordinators.  Shouldn't be the case for a vet like him.

Thats exactly what i mean, he did it in the SB and he has continued to make these boneheaded mistakes and play that contribute to the losses. There are a few plays a game where he looks like a rookie again. As a team, some of the blame has to go to him 

Again nobody cares if you criticize Ryan. Yes he should get some of the blame on things but when idiots on this board puts ALL the blame on Ryan when he has great game (even in the SB) in a loss. Im sick and tired of it. Y'all have this lame agenda against the man and its disgusting. 

16 minutes ago, Falcon You said:

That stat is not that impressive.   I think he is .562% in his career and I want more.  Why settle for just being a little over .500?  Why wouldn't you want more than that?  You cheer for just a little better than average.  Again, I do believe Ryan is the best QB the Falcons have ever had.  He is exactly what this team needed after Vick completely killed this team with his stupidity.  Ryan is safe and will never get in trouble off the field and this team needed that.  He is very consistent and plays very well, but something is missing.  Something is just not adding up.  He doesn't seem to be in control of this team.  He relies way too much on his coordinators.  He is only as good as his coordinators.  Shouldn't be the case for a vet like him.

No one is settling, we need better defenses and his all time win % would sky rocket,