Something Is Just Not Right ....

5 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

Your point is wrong, though.  Matt Ryan should not get blame for the first 2 weeks of the 2020 season.  And it's not just Ryan that shouldn't shoulder the blame.  Grady Jarrett shouldn't get blame.  Younghoe Koo shouldn't get blame.  Calvin Ridley shouldn't get blame.  You know why?  Because they have, overall, played winning-quality football the first two weeks.  Takk McKinley also comes to mind...he just needs to catch a break on the injuries.  You seem to want to blame Matt Ryan "because he's part of the team," but if that's the case, we can make no value judgment on the quality of any player in the league outside of their team's record.  Whatever, man.  When Ryan ****s up this year, and costs the team a game, he'll get his criticism, but you want to know why he rarely gets blamed for the Falcons' ineptitude?  Because he's rarely inept...he's almost never the problem!  That isn't a high-level concept.  Fact is, you want Matt Ryan to be the problem, and you've been waiting a loooooong time.  That's got to be frustrating.  Keep waiting. 

Nice essay 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Falcons are 109-82 with Ryan at QB. He’s a winner in spite of all the incompetency of organization.

Blaming Ryan for this teams problems is like blaming the window washer at the Texas Book Depository for the Kennedy assassination.

Gotta call BS on that if you are implying/attributing those to Ryan. Ive been saying in here for 3 years now we need a better HC.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Rings said:

The difference in 08-12 was we started off slow and finished strong, which is why Ryan had so many comeback wins, seems to be the opposite since 2012, start off on fire and fizzle out.  Feel like we have more blown 4th quarter leads than comebacks.  No idea if that’s accurate just remember them a lot more I guess.

Running game.

Hey I'm new to the forum but not my Falcons. This loss seems like the end of the world to a lot of ppl even some resemblance of the epic collapse, but dnt panic its organic. There are key factors everyone missed. I. The first half Foye Oloukun had 3FF(Impact player) then got "injured". Ricardo (Rico) Allen had the secondary on lockdown and then he left the game "elbow". Then Takk had a "groin injury". The game changed from that point. With a defensive starter missing on each level the cowgirls were finally able to move the ball passed the 50 yard line. Seems to me that none of those injuries were significant to our season bcuz they all come back. And thats just on that side of the ball. We lost our left guard in game and that affected the run. Julio seems like the only concern when it comes to injury. If we are healthy the league needs to be put on notice. It was supposed to be a shutout. Play wit my BIRDZ if u wanna. #THINKITZAGAME

13 hours ago, caponine said:

With This Team , for years dating back to Mike Smith and Matt Ryan. The same mistakes and blunders that are happening happened in 08 and 09 and even before that. The inconsistencies, the mental mistakes, the same ole give up a big lead and try to hold on to win, the defense, the offense, coaching, execution, too many blunders and brain farts, lack of situational awareness, no accountability, cant finish games, have lost way to many games they were suppose to win, and no improvement. 

Cant Put it all on one person but the whole team takes the blame even the two you arent suppose to say, Julio and Ryan. 

You know, now that you mention it...

Mike Smith calls two timeouts late in the Lions game to help them down the field to kick the game winning FG.  This headline seems eerily similar to the DQ era.  "Detroit Lions Take Advantage of Epic Falcons Collapse in Miracle Win

Then a month later he responds to calling timeout with a lead, against the Browns, "They would've used the timeout probably if we hadn't."

One thing that has been painfully consistent between the last two coaches is their poor game management.  

Look, I dont care if you criticize Ryan. I even get on him for throwing stupid picks here and there. The man is not perfect. The main problem that I have is when Ryan will have a great game in a loss, The people on this board will go out there way and put the whole blame on Ryan. For example, defense allows 400 yards passing and 3 tds. Ryan 315 yards passing 2 tds and no INTS. But somehow Ryan fault. Oh Ryan didnt do enough even though the defense was garbage lets put the blame on Ryan. But we get called Ryan homers because we come out with facts proving your ignorant remarks are garbage and not true. I dont mind drafting a QB for the future to sit behind Ryan. What Im not ok with is people saying "Lets draft Fields or Lawrence and say bye bye to Ryan" 1. Blank is not going to kick Ryan to the curb for a QB who might become a bust in the NFL. 2. We cant cut him or trade him because we will be in cap trouble (another thing shut up how much Ryan is making because Ryans contract looks even better now with the other deals that are going around) Ryan is having a great year so far. To sum things up Ryan and the offense does their job to get a lead but defense/special teams blow the game.

Rant over. 

Edited by ROMERO
28 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

Look, I dont care if you criticize Ryan. I even get on him for throwing stupid picks here and there. The man is not perfect. The main problem that I have is when Ryan will have a great game in a loss, The people on this board will go out there way and put the whole blame on Ryan. For example, defense allows 400 yards passing and 3 tds. Ryan 315 yards passing 2 tds and no INTS. But somehow Ryan fault. Oh Ryan didnt do enough even though the defense was garbage lets put the blame on Ryan. But we get called Ryan homers because we come out with facts proving your ignorant remarks are garbage and not true. I dont mind drafting a QB for the future to sit behind Ryan. What Im not ok with is people saying "Lets draft Fields or Lawrence and say bye bye to Ryan" 1. Blank is not going to kick Ryan to the curb for a QB who might become a bust in the NFL. 2. We cant cut him or trade him because we will be in cap trouble (another thing shut up how much Ryan is making because Ryans contract looks even better now with the other deals that are going around) Ryan is having a great year so far. To sum things up Ryan and the offense does their job to get a lead but defense/special teams blow the game.

Rant over. 

Lol yall sure do get emotional anytime you hear Ryan and blame in the same sentence. It dont bother me though, the more people coming in and saying stuff like this just proves my point. 

15 minutes ago, caponine said:

Lol yall sure do get emotional anytime you hear Ryan and blame in the same sentence. It dont bother me though, the more people coming in and saying stuff like this just proves my point. 

People are presenting well constructed arguments and you are responding with this dribble...pretty typical 

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

People are presenting well constructed arguments and you are responding with this dribble...pretty typical 

Wait so the only QB that doesnt get blame is Ryan ??? People are bringing up  pointless arguments about stats that arent really relevant such instead of looking at the games, he has been a part of these blown leads/ massive collapses and bad losses. Its not a coach thing, its not a player thing solely. Its the whole **** team and Ryan is a part of it. Sorry if you are too caught up to see it 

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You’re wrong in that he doesn’t get blame though. He gets arguably the most blame aside from Quinn and the FO

No he does not, i always hear its not Matt Ryan's fault but OL's fault, defense's fault, Quinn's fault. Its like ok why are you singling out players, if the team loses everyone is to blame 

22 minutes ago, caponine said:

No he does not, i always hear its not Matt Ryan's fault but OL's fault, defense's fault, Quinn's fault. Its like ok why are you singling out players, if the team loses everyone is to blame 

This is what I see constantly...I just opened up this page and saw this in first 20 seconds of scrolling down E86FDDC7-77B0-427D-99B6-3F46B0EAEE0D.pngC67883C6-3122-4DB2-9640-83D1BB55514E.png11250C58-811C-4507-8BC0-42BF34ACAD09.png

I agree with pretty much everything @caponineis saying.  He is giving examples and not throwing Ryan under the bus.  From what I am reading here, he is just asking for us fans to pass a little blame his way.  Just because he has stats doesn't mean he is not to blame at all.  If Jordan put up all the numbers he did in his career and never won a championship, would he be considered the best ever.  Stats are not that important.  Another example of someone who just played with, Russell Wilson is someone that never leads in stats, but the most important stat is wins.  He doesn't throw for 400 yds and 5 TDs every game, but he does the LITTLE things to win the game.  Keep talking @caponine.  I like that there is actually a rational fan in Atlanta.  We are sub par people.  To me, that means something is not right.  Ryan is not to blame for everything, but he is the QB.  Someone at this point of his career should be in control a lot more and not run some of these bonehead plays at bonehead times.

47 minutes ago, caponine said:

Go on any Falcons social media. Everyone has been talking **** about Ryan since he was drafted to replace Vick.

6 minutes ago, Falcon You said:

I agree with pretty much everything @caponineis saying.  He is giving examples and not throwing Ryan under the bus.  From what I am reading here, he is just asking for us fans to pass a little blame his way.  Just because he has stats doesn't mean he is not to blame at all.  If Jordan put up all the numbers he did in his career and never won a championship, would he be considered the best ever.  Stats are not that important.  Another example of someone who just played with, Russell Wilson is someone that never leads in stats, but the most important stat is wins.  He doesn't throw for 400 yds and 5 TDs every game, but he does the LITTLE things to win the game.  Keep talking @caponine.  I like that there is actually a rational fan in Atlanta.  We are sub par people.  To me, that means something is not right.  Ryan is not to blame for everything, but he is the QB.  Someone at this point of his career should be in control a lot more and not run some of these bonehead plays at bonehead times.

Drivel.

Not really, this was a completely different team under MS. Those teams couldn't stop anyone but they were discipline, well coached and aware of game situations. We just couldn't make the stop when we needed or get the QB on the ground. Of we had the ball last Ryan was gonna go NH March down the field and win the game. If theu had the ball last the defense was gonna lose the game. This current team has no discipline, is poorly coached, unaware and has no fight in them. We need a coach thats a football coach not a buddy buddy let's hold hands type of guy. Smitty changed after his heart attack and we got soft. DQ has been a soft hearted buddy buddy guy from day 1. Walked in the door giving out nicknames and play dates instead of kicking *** and taking names 

33 minutes ago, Falcon You said:

Thank you , finally someone gets it. Its not throwing ryan under the bus or putting all the blame on him but he deserves a piece of the blame too. 

They are intentionally missing the point, they know what i mean but still continue to try and bring in all these stats that relevant to the topic.