Something Is Just Not Right ....

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

It’s like when you keep getting new girlfriends that have the same issues as the last. Arthur has a type. It may be time to get on the coaching version of eharmony and let analytics match him up with what he wants from a coach. 

This is why they need some REAL proven NFL winners in that exec suite.  The two corporate Johnson’s he’s listening to have a combined championship record of ZERO!!!!!!!   There is the problem!!!  We need to stop looking for “synergy”, “continuity” and all these other Corp buzzwords that could be thrown around by anyone and go find him some dudes that know how to win thus how to build/pick winners.   Otherwise wash, rinse and repeat!  They need someone to tell them what will/wont work and back it up showing them why w results!!!!  They need someone who eats sleeps and breathes it, drags there rears in a film room kicking and squealing and can show them where and why this org has only achieved “sustained failure” under this crew’s watch.   Most importantly, they need a winner who will not tolerate losers in his building!!!!!!!   These sissies would be singing *** bay-a on someone else’s doorstep.  Not at, in or near the branch.   The type of guy that will tell AB “how bout hanging in box and meeting us in locker room if you wanna be involved bc this team sinks every time you come stalking down sidelines and we all look stupid!!!  Someone w balls!!!

Edited by BUBBASBEANS
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Falcons are 109-82 with Ryan at QB. He’s a winner in spite of all the incompetency of organization.

Blaming Ryan for this teams problems is like blaming the window washer at the Texas Book Depository for the Kennedy assassination.

Gotta call BS on that if you are implying/attributing those to Ryan. Ive been saying in here for 3 years now we need a better HC.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, caponine said:

Again i never said he was fully to blame or the sole reason , the defense has been awful for him and ol , he has never had a consistent offense or defense. If he had either he probably would have won a few SB's by now and is a HOF QB, but as part of the team. I think he should get a piece of the blame too. 

Man you’ll learn that some people around here won’t let anyone say ANYTHING about Matt Ryan. It’s crazy. 

50 minutes ago, montanaman71 said:

Maybe I am misremembering but from 08-12 the falcons win close games and came back a ton in the fourth quarter. So not sure on all the Mike smith hate. He had a disciplined team that controlled the clock and played to their strengths. You also have to consider Ryan was way less experienced than what quinn has in ryan. Smith did a great job and if not for a disaster in talent, he would not have had the 13-14 seasons.

Mike Smith is criminally undervalued by the Falcons fan base.  Dude won 11 games, 9 games, 13 games, 10 games & 13 games before loosing his team to injury in 2013

18 minutes ago, caponine said:

But some people swear i dont know what im talking about. He's not solely to blame but he does have just as much blame as anyone else on the team 

That’s not what that story says.

Did you even read it?

It says it’s the coach.

And, no, he doesn’t have just as much blame.

It would be different if the offense was the problem or his play was bad.

I think your definition of “as much blame” is fundamentally wrong when one unit has been among the worst in the league, for years.

What changed? Defense got gutted after 2012 and when we moved on from Smith for Quinn, it was to fix the defense.

It has yet to happen in 6 years.

Do you recall the 2016 offense finished TOP 10 ALL TIME in points scored per game? Remember how we barely made the #2 seed because we were only around .500 halfway into the season?

Why?

Let me get this straight:

Your standard for Ryan; as others have highlighted, is to carry “equal” blame for not being perfect?

You believe he should be “doing more” to maintain a record setting offense output like from 2016; (which it would need to be to even begin to consistently win with the defense we have), while trying to say with a straight face the defense is even close to doing enough? And that’s “equal”?

Double standard at best.

3 hours ago, caponine said:

True but imo i Cant just say coaching , Ryan and Julio have been making these same boneheaded mistakes long before Quinn. I know people will act like they dont see it or use some excuse but its always the same thing with them every year. The defense has been showing its ineptitude long before Quinn **** even special teams. Its like there is something fundamentally wrong with this team 

The whole franchise is cursed.  Cursed I say!  Just kidding but sometimes I do kinda think that.

36 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Did you even read it?

It says it’s the coach.

I think your definition of “as much blame” is fundamentally wrong when one unit has been among the worst in the league, for years.

What changed? Defense got gutted after 2012 and when we moved on from Smith for Quinn, it was to fix the defense.

Do you recall the 2016 offense finished TOP 10 ALL TIME in points scored per game? Remember how we barely made the #2 seed because we were only around .500 halfway into the season?

Why?

Your standard for Ryan; as others have highlighted, is to carry “equal” blame for not being perfect?

You believe he should be “doing more” to maintain a record setting offense output like from 2016; (which it would need to be to even begin to consistently win with the defense we have), while trying to say with a straight face the defense is even close to doing enough? And that’s “equal”?

Double standard at best.

Or ya know if he changes the play and runs the  ball three times in the SB they win

If he changes the play and runs the ball 3 times last Sunday they win. Yall will only blame the coaches and Matt Ryan can do no harm smh, 

10 minutes ago, caponine said:

Or ya know if he changes the play and runs the  ball three times in the SB they win

If he changes the play and runs the ball 3 times last Sunday they win. Yall will only blame the coaches and Matt Ryan can do no harm smh, 

Holding a player accountable for coaches play calling. One person to blame for someone else not doing their job. Hmm, I notice a trend here.

Why do I even bother reasoning with you. Seems like you made your mind up.

And, no. Running 3 times in the SB wasn’t a guaranteed win but may have at least yielded a FGA shot. If Bryant misses the Kick, Ryan is still blamed for the outcome according to you.

How about holding people accountable for their own jobs first and then try to make a post.

PS: no idea how running more would have fixed this past Sunday. When the offense last touched the ball, we had a 9 point lead. What happened?

Have a good night.

11 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Holding a player accountable for coaches play calling. One person to blame for someone else not doing their job. Hmm, I notice a trend here.

Why do I even bother reasoning with you. Seems like you made your mind up.

And, no. Running 3 times in the SB wasn’t a guaranteed win but may have at least yielded a FGA shot. If Bryant misses the Kick, Ryan is still blamed for the outcome according to you.

How about holding people accountable for their own jobs first and then try to make a post.

PS: no idea how running more would have fixed this past Sunday. When the offense last touched the ball, we had a 9 point lead. What happened?

Have a good night.

Didnt read this , See ya

3 minutes ago, Fiercefalcon said:

Does anyone understand how insanely rare it is for any QB, of any pedigree, to go against the OC in a situation like the SB?

You're suggesting after all the success that offense had that season he all of a sudden go rogue for 3 plays in a row?

U really just said this 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Did you even read it?

It says it’s the coach.

Why?

Double standard at best.

Don't waste your time on his lack of logic.  There's no rational justification for ANY Falcon fan to dislike Matt Ryan.  And if your take away from the first two weeks is that Matt Ryan, by God, isn't getting enough criticism, then you have an agenda driven by a dislike of Matt Ryan.  Is he above criticism?  No, of course not, but right now he is completing 68% of his passes, for 723 yards, 6 TDs to 1 end-of-game hail mary interception, and 110 QBR...aaaaaand the man has produced at a Hall of Fame-career-level for 12 seasons and 2 games, redefined expectations for a rookie QB, set countless records for statistical pace, won an MVP, played a Super Bowl that would have produced a Lombardi for any franchise other than this forsaken one, become one of the greatest statistical playoff QBs of all-time, never caused drama, always represented the team and city with class, gives back to the community, fights for equality with his own assets, and generally just gets it on all levels.  Yet a small, but vocal, segment of this fan base has been waiting for him to falter since we drafted him, so they can crucify him.  It's biased, it's dumb, and to be quite honest, it's tired.

36 minutes ago, caponine said:

There has been a lot of blame to go around over the years and Matt Ryan deserves his share as well. He has helped us get a lot of winning seasons but we are also currently in what looks like It could be a 3rd straight losing season. If he loses they say it’s coaching. If he wins they throw out his winning stats. And God forbid you criticize him. 

5 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

There has been a lot of blame to go around over the years and Matt Ryan deserves his share as well. He has helped us get a lot of winning seasons but we are also currently in what looks like It could be a 3rd straight losing season. If he loses they say it’s coaching. If he wins they throw out his winning stats. And God forbid you criticize him. 

My point exactly lol but you cant say anything about him tho to falcons fans. At least someone can say he is still a good qb but also critique him. They are trying to throw all these pointless excuses and reasons out and all im saying is he should get some blame as well just like any other member of the team. At least you know. 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

My point exactly lol but you cant say anything about him tho to falcons fans. At least someone can say he is still a good qb but also critique him. They are trying to throw all these pointless excuses and reasons out and all im saying is he should get some blame as well just like any other member of the team. At least you know. 

Your point is wrong, though.  Matt Ryan should not get blame for the first 2 weeks of the 2020 season.  And it's not just Ryan that shouldn't shoulder the blame.  Grady Jarrett shouldn't get blame.  Younghoe Koo shouldn't get blame.  Calvin Ridley shouldn't get blame.  You know why?  Because they have, overall, played winning-quality football the first two weeks.  Takk McKinley also comes to mind...he just needs to catch a break on the injuries.  You seem to want to blame Matt Ryan "because he's part of the team," but if that's the case, we can make no value judgment on the quality of any player in the league outside of their team's record.  Whatever, man.  When Ryan ****s up this year, and costs the team a game, he'll get his criticism, but you want to know why he rarely gets blamed for the Falcons' ineptitude?  Because he's rarely inept...he's almost never the problem!  That isn't a high-level concept.  Fact is, you want Matt Ryan to be the problem, and you've been waiting a loooooong time.  That's got to be frustrating.  Keep waiting. 

1 hour ago, caponine said:

He couldn't change the plays because of personnel groups and pre-snap motion. Shanahan is notorious for not allowing his qb the opportunity to audible at the line.

Trying to put that loss on the guy with the 4th highest superbowl qb rating EVER is just plain ignorant.

Edited by JohnnyFranchise