Will Dan Quinn get fired if we go 0-3

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He shouldn't get fired for going 0-3. He should get fired for having a historically bad defense since defense is his forte. 

The falcons will not lose in Chicago. I guarantee it. 

Do I think he will be fired?  Depends on how it goes down. Do I think he should be fired?  Yes, is it too late to fire him 9 months ago?

On 9/23/2020 at 8:16 AM, The Great American said:

He shouldn't get fired for going 0-3. He should get fired for having a historically bad defense since defense is his forte. 

Right and I would not be surprised if it is his doing our running this Cover 3 which is not to the strengths of our defensive secondary!!!  He screwed up the early season last year with his ideas and is doing it again for this year!!!!!

On 9/23/2020 at 10:42 AM, octoslash said:

This is just what I said a couple days ago...we'll stomp the Bears and that buys Quinn three more weeks (unfortunately) no matter what happens in Green Bay, because teams are supposed to lose in Green Bay, right? 

I predict we'll be 2-5 after seven games, all with Quinn still here.  And beyond that, what's the point of firing him before the season ends?  You can't hire a NFL coach before January, February realistically because that's when the playoffs end, and to hire someone before exploring all candidates would be idiotic.  

Not that the Falcons aren't idiotic, we all know that. 

I say get rid of him after losing record at the bye week!  Total culture change needed or needs to be erased.  The players will be back and will be saged of DQ's suck jones for 2021.

On 9/23/2020 at 8:22 AM, Fiercefalcon said:

He should certainly be fired if it pans out like that. One of the larger general criticisms against him was going 1-7 to start the season.

0-3 means he'll have to somehow orchestrate 5 straight wins. Im dumb, but I'm not that dumb. It won't happen.

And it would have to be 5 straight wins because we didn't keep him to go a mediocre 4-4.

If you guys lose to Chicago, best to forget about football this year and focus on the. Braves and your MLS team, but guess what? You don’t lose to Chicago 30-19 falcons win and go on a five game winning streak 

On 9/23/2020 at 2:53 PM, Dr Long Shot said:

I get we all want to see this dude gone yesterday, but the reality of the situation is this: TD, McKay and Blank really went out on a limb to bring him back for another season. There is no plan B, it is ride or die with Quinn. Due to this Quinn will be retained until the team literally gives up or is mathematically eliminated. It will take a trully epic and embarassing blow out for that to happen by next week IMO, and I don't think that happens.

15 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

We should have done that last year. Now it's a new season that we have mortgaged on Quinn and whether or not we like it that fact of the matter is he will get absolutely all the rope that exists before he is let go.

You know DLS, you're right.  No sarcasm; no shade...I've been wasting my energy wondering/wishing that Quinn would be gone and we might have a salvage to the season, but you've made excellent points and I realize I'm just not going to see the satisfaction this year.

Dammit...more than anything I just want to see what this team could look like without Dan Quinn's interference...

No more Quinnput, Quinnterference and Quinnfluence...

9 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

You know DLS, you're right.  No sarcasm; no shade...I've been wasting my energy wondering/wishing that Quinn would be gone and we might have a salvage to the season, but you've made excellent points and I realize I'm just not going to see the satisfaction this year.

Dammit...more than anything I just want to see what this team could look like without Dan Quinn's interference...

No more Quinnput, Quinnterference and Quinnfluence...

I think we'll see it when we are eliminated from the playoffs. I think that ultimatum was probably agreed upon by everyone when the decision was made to bring him back. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I think we'll see it when we are eliminated from the playoffs. I think that ultimatum was probably agreed upon by everyone when the decision was made to bring him back. 

Blank will likely walk it back once again. Can't believe he was talked out of firing Quinn last year by McCay. In what world can an employee talk a boss out of doing something. One big buddy program at the branch.

I don't think the Falcons ever went to the playoffs after an 0-3 start. But they have gone twice after a 1-3 start with the 1978 first playoff berth Bart team and the 2002 get on my back Vick team.

So Arthur might give Quinn four games. Go 0-4 and he's probably outta here. Knowing Blank though he's committed through the year. I don't see anyone on the team or on the market that could come in here in week five and turn this disaster around.