The New What Are You Reading/Book Recommendations thread

Favorite book series: Wheel of Time

Dark Fantasy I'd recommend for ASOIAF readers: The First Law trilogy 

Most recent book I enjoyed: Rage of Dragons

Currently reading: Lightbringer Series, Book 5 of First Law (The trouble with peace), Blood of Empire

May start soon: King Killer chronicles, Poppy War series, Book 4 of Stormlight Archive

Almost all my book recommendations are going to be a variation of fantasy tho yall are welcome to include any genre or non fiction as well. Yall can post comics or manga if you want too

Another one that I would consider an easier read is the Gentleman B*stard series. If you like the heist movie genre then you'll love these, the dialog is pretty solid and its fun to try to puzzle out an operation or how the characters are going to get out of a bad situation before its actually revealed to the reader.

The downside is its not completed yet and Scott Lynch is only marginally better than GRRM at writing speed. 4th book might be coming out later this year ....maybe

71gSqvBQRxL.jpg

I already mentioned this in the big thread but this is the one I finished today.

9780316489775_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg

Its one of **** of revenge tale/ power fantasy and certain parts your probably going to go "**** yeah!" like out loud. Decent sized book not too short or long and for myself I finished it in a few days as its quite the page turner especially its second half

Its sequel comes out in November I think? Tho I've already seen reviews for it so not sure.

6 minutes ago, The Great American said:

image.jpeg.f747f38476e06f7dfb931f4ad4188d8c.jpeg

Former #1 Best seller has been on my shelf for a while.  Planning to read this masterpiece over Fall Break.    

Your what they would call a one note character 

Thxs for contributing tho

18 hours ago, AF89 said:

Your what they would call a one note character 

Thxs for contributing tho

Nationalists...whatcha gonna do? 

I'm actually reading through the Witcher novels right now, and loved the Gentleman ******** series. Recently read Neuromancer too, awesome novel. Gonna read the Cryptonomicon next (Neal Stephenson), kinda more in that cyberpunk mood and I'm not digging the translation of Sapkiowski's novels as much as the short stories.

31 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Nationalists...whatcha gonna do? 

I'm actually reading through the Witcher novels right now, and loved the Gentleman ******** series. Recently read Neuromancer too, awesome novel. Gonna read the Cryptonomicon next (Neal Stephenson), kinda more in that cyberpunk mood and I'm not digging the translation of Sapkiowski's novels as much as the short stories.

Back when I read them back in college I think only Blood of Elves was officially translated and I had to rely on the official unofficial fan translation but they did a solid job :sadwave:

I’ve gotten into reading short books.  I work so much these days, I find it hard to make time to read.  Right now I’m reading Of Mice and Men.  Next up is Metamorphosis,. My wife and her family have a book club.  They are reading A Gentleman in Moscow. I’m thinking of getting in in that one.   

I've been reading theology for 3 years straight, so I took a hard detour into rock and roll biographies.  I read Steve Gorman's autobiography about the Black Crowes, "Hard to Handle," and Billy Gibbons' book "Rock + Roll Gearhead."  I'm currently reading "The Birth of Loud" (about Les Paul and Leo Fender) and "Room Full of Mirrors" (a Jimi Hendrix bio).

12 hours ago, Flip Flop said:

I’ve gotten into reading short books.  I work so much these days, I find it hard to make time to read.  Right now I’m reading Of Mice and Men.  Next up is Metamorphosis,. My wife and her family have a book club.  They are reading A Gentleman in Moscow. I’m thinking of getting in in that one.   

You ought to try Snow Country by Yasunari Kawabata.

1 hour ago, Door Gunner said:

Is this a place for audiobook enthusiasts too? 

Something like 60% of my reading these days is now audio books. I would honestly never have the time to go through as many books as I do while multitasking if I didn't have audio books

7 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Something like 60% of my reading these days is now audio books. I would honestly never have the time to go through as many books as I do while multitasking if I didn't have audio books

I hear that. The majority is listening for me as well. I'm dyslexic and reading can give me fits at times depending on print size, line spacing and what not.  Kindle helps, but I wish it had a few more options for page set up. I've come to enjoy audiobooks so much that they have almost replaced listening to music for me.