Cowboys Gifted 4th Time Out Glossed Over

Plus, the phantom 12 men “huddling” even though Ryan was telling Ridley not to come to the huddle they flagged it for Matt yelling at Ridley who was not huddled. Do we ever get borderline calls or extra breaks like some teams get?

Ya, we still should have won, but more salt in the wound on what we already knew.

Just now, Dem Birds said:

Yeah, the refs got us a few times including the phantom too many men in the huddle that kept us from going for it on 4th down but... Still 30 points in the second half. Hard to be mad at anyone but us. 

No question. Just thought it was such a weird call in the game when the refs basically said “it’s ok we will use their timeout before the challenge and not charge them another for the challenge itself”...

Like...how blatant does it have to be?

23 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

No question. Just thought it was such a weird call in the game when the refs basically said “it’s ok we will use their timeout before the challenge and not charge them another for the challenge itself”...

Like...how blatant does it have to be?

Yeah they totally admitted that they were being nice, BUT I will say that I believe I’ve seen it happen once or twice before where they cut the team challenging the play some slack and let them keep the TO, so it’s not unprecedented 

11 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’m a person that doesn’t like to blame officiating. I give the Saints the blame for their loss to the rams, not the officials. I’m going to do the same here. The Falcons did not lose this game because of officiating. They only have themselves to blame 

It was still the Falcons fault for the loss. But the refs did everything in their power to help the Cowboys claw back into the game. That part isn't even debatable.

11 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’m a person that doesn’t like to blame officiating. I give the Saints the blame for their loss to the rams, not the officials. I’m going to do the same here. The Falcons did not lose this game because of officiating. They only have themselves to blame 

The refs impact the game and that is just something that you have to over come..

Having said that.

5YnYw6M.jpg

•  

Off topic but in the( Dallas game) what i found confusing was that deep pass that was ruled out of bounds.then some guy nowhere near the play overrides him knowing cause the replay had played by then that even if we challenged the play it wouldn't be overturned cause it was bang bang but its the same the other way as well.if they would have challenged then it wouldn't have been overturned.i just find it fishy that the replay had played and some official overrode the official who was on the spot.

23 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

They get zero excuses from me on this loss. None 

Obviously, as I stated before we know we should have won. Still, where is the accountability on some blatant calls? It’s not even borderline stuff lol. I get it though, we are too upset at our own blatant failure for it to feel worth discussing. Just felt like putting it on the boards for the record... :shrug: 

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Obviously, as I stated before we know we should have won. Still, where is the accountability on some blatant calls? It’s not even borderline stuff lol. I get it though, we are too upset at our own blatant failure for it to feel worth discussing. Just felt like putting it on the boards for the record... :shrug: 

It’s just my philosophy on officiating in general man. Nothing you did. We were gifted a play with Julio on the 4th down call. He was clearly down. He got up and kept running. Officials will never be perfect because they’re human. 

12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It’s just my philosophy on officiating in general man. Nothing you did. We were gifted a play with Julio on the 4th down call. He was clearly down. He got up and kept running. Officials will never be perfect because they’re human. 

You’re exactly right. We didn’t lose this game because of the bad calls. It’s more like the vinegar in the open wound of pissing the game away. 

In the case of the 4th down pass to Julio, the refs missed the “down by contact”, but it was still enough for the 1st without the added yardage.

What rubbed me wrong about the Dallas pass play was the ref right there at the spot waved it off. Dallas was out of timeouts, so they couldn’t have challenged the call. Then, all of a sudden, it’s a catch and it’s too close to challenge. I actually give Quinn credit for not challenging the call since it wouldn’t have been overturned. 

After being a Falcons fan for 40+ years, I’m pleasantly surprised when we get the benefit of the doubt on a call. And don’t get me started on Lattimore’s “elite” coverage skills. ;)

Edited by Goober Pyle
1 hour ago, Dem Birds said:

Yeah, the refs got us a few times including the phantom too many men in the huddle that kept us from going for it on 4th down but... Still 30 points in the second half. Hard to be mad at anyone but us. 

Going back to the previous week, they MAY HAVE did us a favor by calling that. 

We were horrible in 4th and short!

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Plus, the phantom 12 men “huddling” even though Ryan was telling Ridley not to come to the huddle they flagged it for Matt yelling at Ridley who was not huddled. Do we ever get borderline calls or extra breaks like some teams get?

Ya, we still should have won, but more salt in the wound on what we already knew.

Well, at least the Ref made it sound good when he explained it in the game. :lol:

• Ergo Proxy changed the title to Cowboys Gifted 4th Time Out Glossed Over