This is a great article and video about Mike McDaniel of the 49ers. It is well worth the time to check it out

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/why-the-49ers-probably-will-lose-mike-lafleur-and-mike-mcdaniel-in-2021

This guy is a 49ers writer/insider and he makes it clear that McDaniels, and not LaFleur, is the brains behind the 49ers offense/run game and that it would be a huge blow to the 49ers if he left. Well worth the time it takes to read it/watch the video. This guy would be worth a serious look. 

1 hour ago, marvinthemartian said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/why-the-49ers-probably-will-lose-mike-lafleur-and-mike-mcdaniel-in-2021

This guy is a 49ers writer/insider and he makes it clear that McDaniels, and not LaFleur, is the brains behind the 49ers offense/run game and that it would be a huge blow to the 49ers if he left. Well worth the time it takes to read it/watch the video. This guy would be worth a serious look. 

It would have been really hard for LaFleur to be the brains behind the 49ers offense/run game considering he  never went there and instead went to the Rams and Titans before becoming the Packers head coach.

Edit: Yes I now know there are two LaFleur brothers.  Thanks to everyone for pointing that out.

I’m just going from what the guy said. I was on a work call at the same time so I may have missed that point. But he made it clear that between two of the assistants that McDaniel was the brains and it would be a serious loss to the 49ers if he left. I believe he was talking about the younger brother of the Packers head coach. 

I love the possibilities with McDaniel.  The one thing we know...McDaniel (and LaFleur, for that matter) have been here, know the talent, and have had success with the Atlanta Falcons.  They know Matt, Julio, and to a lesser extent, Ridley know the system, and would probably provide an opportunity to experience as little learning curve as possible.  Hopefully, he had a positive impression of Blank and the franchise.

6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It would have been really hard for LaFleur to be the brains behind the 49ers offense/run game considering he  never went there and instead went to the Rams and Titans before becoming the Packers head coach.

I think they are referencing LaFleur’s younger brother who is the co-OC for the 49ers

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

This is Mike LaFleur, not Matt.  Matt is the Packers HC.  They are brothers, and both were with Shanahan...and the Falcons in '15-'16.

7 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

See...it wasn’t REALLY hard at all for him to do that because he DID it!  From Wikipedia:

Mike LaFleur (born 1987) is an American football coach who is the passing game coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He previously has served as an assistant coach for the Cleveland Browns and Atlanta Falcons.

13 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Getting McDaniel would be a good thing for many reasons not the least of which is that we could use that move to stick it to Kyle for sticking it to us on the last drive in that game in early 2017 that shall not be mentioned. (That was a really long run on sentence lol)

yes it would be a small learning curve for both coaches and players since we're pretty much running the same system

48 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think they are referencing LaFleur’s younger brother who is the co-OC for the 49ers

47 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

This is Mike LaFleur, not Matt.  Matt is the Packers HC.  They are brothers, and both were with Shanahan...and the Falcons in '15-'16.

45 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

See...it wasn’t REALLY hard at all for him to do that because he DID it!  From Wikipedia:

Mike LaFleur (born 1987) is an American football coach who is the passing game coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He previously has served as an assistant coach for the Cleveland Browns and Atlanta Falcons.

Ok got it thanks for pointing it out.

Don't want him. McDaniel might be good, or even very good if he ends up a HC somewhere, but this team needs to move past 28-3 and trying to recreate the magic of 2016. Bringing him or LaFleur here would just reinforce that they're stuck and we wouldn't be able to forge a new identity. Y'all really neglect the importance of culture and identity to teams. And they need to innovate too - Shanny's offense right now is a hot topic, but teams are already catching on and tailoring defenses towards stopping it. Just look at what his offense has done this year and compare it to...shoot, even our offense. Done with the bandwagon. Same reason I'm hesitant when it comes to Bienemy, though I do like him more. 

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

That was funny, but There are two LaFleurs and one is in San Fran right now. 

Mike LaFleur

1 hour ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

I love the possibilities with McDaniel.  The one thing we know...McDaniel (and LaFleur, for that matter) have been here, know the talent, and have had success with the Atlanta Falcons.  They know Matt, Julio, and to a lesser extent, Ridley know the system, and would probably provide an opportunity to experience as little learning curve as possible.  Hopefully, he had a positive impression of Blank and the franchise.

AB should send Falcon 1 to SF loaded w cash from cockpit to tail and buy the man!!!!!!  These are desperate times and while I don’t know much about McDaniel, I have to blv anyone w a pulse could do better than these turds.  Besides as you point out the familiarity w roster.  Then, assist $$$ McD in getting the Best D mind on planet so that we can put this crap to bed and get back into professional football. It’s not that simple I’m sure but really, this is football, it’s not as hard as this org is making it in themselves or their fans.  Screw “protocol”, a few possible wins this year (although I’d trust mcD to step in today and get more outta this squad immediately) and reputation....use that $$$ to finally remove the malignancy and give this team real hope and a legit future!!!  No one would blame AB!  We’d be the darlings of “game day”.   Seriously......”Falcons owner, in an unprecedented move showed his commitment and desire to winning w his veteran talent, reliving DQ Tuesday evening after having secured a contract w McDaniels formerly of SF.  Mr B flew to an undisclosed meeting location, let Ms McD pick out her new home in Ga and the schools where she wishes the children to attend while Josh was busy perusing the roster, dusting  off playbook and installing a basic gp for Chicago.  McD will retain coordinators for now but has issued a firm mandate for improvement across all phases and will not hesitate to adjust if these units do not demonstrate 60 min of effort and detailed game planning by coordinators at lowest levels.  The Falcons thanked coach Quinn for his service and accomplishments both for org and community during his tenure and wish him much success in all future endeavors. Finally, Mr Blank thanked the Falcons fanbase for their support and loyalty during the past difficult seasons stemming from Jan 2017.  More information re GM Thomas D and RM will be forthcoming as decisions are made.  It has been rumored that AB has retained Bill Polian and Bill Parcells as in house consultants to advise and assist in restructuring scouting, development and senior mgt roles in coordination w coach McDaniels.  This move was made to both add proven NFL experience to a thin braintrust and relieve coach McD of the strenuous efforts associated w reorg during the season. Mr Blank released a statement as follows: “We are delighted to have Coach McD home w the Falcons and I am doing everything in my power to surround him w the experience and resources necessary to ensure a seamless transition to our vision for this org moving forward.  In meantime I would like for coach to be completely focused on a successful 2020 season while collaborating w some of the best available minds and deepest experience pool in NFL to rebuild, reload and Win now!!!!! Again, the Falcon nation welcome the McDaniels and our fanbase back to professional football”.....BOOM!!!!!!!! That’s how you solve this nightmare immediately!!!!!!

Edited by BUBBASBEANS
1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Don't want him. McDaniel might be good, or even very good if he ends up a HC somewhere, but this team needs to move past 28-3 and trying to recreate the magic of 2016. Bringing him or LaFleur here would just reinforce that they're stuck and we wouldn't be able to forge a new identity. Y'all really neglect the importance of culture and identity to teams. And they need to innovate too - Shanny's offense right now is a hot topic, but teams are already catching on and tailoring defenses towards stopping it. Just look at what his offense has done this year and compare it to...shoot, even our offense. Done with the bandwagon. Same reason I'm hesitant when it comes to Bienemy, though I do like him more. 

I can see your point here but to me, if McDaniel is a serious contender for a head coaching job, he should be given serious thought just like any other coach and not just ignored because he happened to be a small part of our success in '16 and we don't want to continue chasing it. Do we just ignore anyone that comes out of Shanahan's coaching tree? I wouldn't. And I'm sure Mcdaniel would bring his own spin on Shanny's offense, not the exact same one so as to keep innovating and keeping defenses on their toes.

Edited by Norwood all the way!