What's your opinion of the Falcons 2020 offense so far?

1 hour ago, Drew4719 said:

Even before seeing the numbers I had noticed that same thing. It seems like every time we run outside zone, or even a sweep, it has at least moderate success, but he keeps ruining power up the middle for short gains instead.

It’s even worse when you look at our Success per gap:

4fvavy.jpg

Trash....Dumpster Fire....

You can't have a good season when you start the season like we have.  You think that Seattle would have been a competitive game based off how we started.  Didn't turn out that way.  You thought we would have righted the ship against Dallas and beat a team that people every year think have a chance to be in the playoffs.  We fell apart.  We may beat bad teams, but that doesn't = success.

Couple takeaways. 

Ryan can draw a bead as well as anybody in he league.  He’s got a great contract and he appears to want the team to win.  Jones has hands of steel except when it matters most, then his palms sting and he just lets it go.  I get it, footballs are hard, ouch.  

Koo is The Man.  I do not see a scenario where Koo wouldn’t give his all to do his job.  I trust him 5x more than I trust Jones in a clutch moment.

Our line is looking pretty good.  Married to a Texans fan so every week I see what a weak O line looks like!  Ryan has a lot of options thanks to the bigs.  

while our offense is putting up good stats in some places, something about it just doesnt pass my eye test.  theres no rhythm to it, our run game is below average, we get into too many 3rd and longs. julio and ryan just look like theyre not having fun out there anymore.

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

I'm stupid...has Gurley always been so slow?  He looks like a sloth riding a glacier through molasses chasing an ocean sponge. 

You can time him with a sun dial.  

He's got no burst, on one outside run I was sure he was going to beat the LB to the outside but the backer was faster than him. It was still a 6-7 yard gain but could have been at least twice that with some speed. 

45 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

while our offense is putting up good stats in some places, something about it just doesnt pass my eye test.  theres no rhythm to it, our run game is below average, we get into too many 3rd and longs. julio and ryan just look like theyre not having fun out there anymore.

There were a couple of mistakes that halted drives yesterday. Specifically the first drive when Gage dropped a total gimme, not to mention Julio's drop for a TD. If we cleaned up the small mistakes and run more stretch runs we should be in great shape. We are already averaging 32 ppg and 440 yards as is. 

7 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

He's got no burst, on one outside run I was sure he was going to beat the LB to the outside but the backer was faster than him. It was still a 6-7 yard gain but could have been at least twice that with some speed. 

Surprisingly enough, I have to agree with you. There have been a few runs that look like he should be gone, and he's not. He's not Freeman slow, but he's not as explosive as he used to be.

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Obviously the Falcons defense needs to get it's head out it's rear end but I personally am impressed with the Falcons offense so far the last 5 quarters. Matt Ryan has been on fire and our offense looks like it could be in for a very good year. 

What's your opinion of the Falcons offense so far? Do you think that this Falcons offense will average 30 points a game this season? Or do you think the cowboys defense made us look good?

Matt Ryan will probably have his best season for passing yards this year. Calvin Ridley is playing at a pro bowl level.

If Calvin keeps this up he's going to be all pro by the end of the year..too bad the offense is on fire and the defense is biblical proportions bad 

36 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

A lot of explosiveness, but don't seem to be able to get the tough yards, and are settling for FG's too often. Run blocking doesn't seem to be where it needs to be consistently.

This. I feel like we just don't pick up plays when they matter most. But overall I'm happy with the offense.