Why we not talking Julio dropping a clear touchdown?

I Even Bleed Red

1 hour ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

Because when you score 39 points and lose, you can't really blame the offense. I'd wager to see, even with a middle-of-the-road defense, if you score 39 points, you should win an overwhelming majority of game; somewhere in the vicinity of 95%+.

Well last week it would have been every game except ours. 

There isn’t a championship football team that you can’t find a missed play or two in a game. The issue is the pattern of blown leads in an epic, record breaking way that can only be attributed to the head coach as they keep happening in his tenure, and his specialty zone defense seems to constantly soften up and let teams get back in games. The common denominator. 

3 minutes ago, paulitik said:

There isn’t a championship football team that you can’t find a missed play or two in a game. The issue is the pattern of blown leads in an epic, record breaking way that can only be attributed to the head coach as they keep happening in his tenure, and his specialty zone defense seems to constantly soften up and let teams get back in games. The common denominator. 

The crazy thing is that it started before Quinn even got here. We may be looking at a Cubs/Red Sox level curse.

Most of us may not live to see a Falcons championship.

Edited by Run 'n' Shoot

5 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

The crazy thing is that it started before Quinn even got here. We bay be looking at a Cubs/Red Sox level curse.

Honestly, the Braves began the whole postseason choking before the Falcons made it cool. I know the Braves get the pass because they got the only championship in the citie's history, and in a way it's justified to forgive them, but you can look at their track record in the playoffs and they basically perennially underachieved every single year except for the 95 team. And that's while having the best team in the National league basically for over a decade straight, with what is unargueably the best rotation in the history of the game. Oh, and the Braves haven't won a playoff series since the freaking turn of the century.

Edited by Dr Long Shot

2 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

The crazy thing is that it started before Quinn even got here. We bay be looking at a Cubs/Red Sox level curse.

The NFC championship game against the Niners. Another situtation where the defense can’t hold a lead. 

The issue has always been, we keep hiring Defensive minded coaches that can’t seem to build a consistent defense, and ALWAYS soften up way too much when we have a lead. We have been an offensively talented team since Vick, Yet Petrino was the only offensive minded coach we’ve had. 

We need an offensive mind determining the game plan. 

1 minute ago, paulitik said:

The NFC championship game against the Niners. Another situtation where the defense can’t hold a lead. 

The issue has always been, we keep hiring Defensive minded coaches that can’t seem to build a consistent defense, and ALWAYS soften up way too much when we have a lead. We have been an offensively talented team since Vick, Yet Petrino was the only offensive minded coach we’ve had. 

We need an offensive mind determining the game plan. 

The Niners collapse doesn't even seem like one after the more recent ones. I mean we were probably like 75% odds favorites to win at the peak of the lead during that game in my estimation, and that was very early in the third quarter when they started the come back. The Falcons were like 99% odds to win with five minutes left last game. That's a whole other level of collapse. 

2 hours ago, CTann said:

Because even with that drop and the offense’s 39 points the Falcons defense still allowed 40, FORTY, points to a team missing its top 3 offensive tackles (Smith, Collins, Erving); and STILL lost the game despite the opposing offense fumbling the ball FOUR times in the first quarter.

That’s just downright pathetic. Inexcusable.

Except if he catches that we score over 40 and win 

If you made a list of the players who are "considered in any best WR in football discussion" there's no doubt he's at the top in terms of "number of dropped passes that would've been a definite TD and hit him in both hands" 

It's the weirdest thing - he'll make the impossible catches possible and yet botch the easiest of catches.

I know it was a tough loss for the falcons fans yesterday but I truly believe the falcons lost to the two best nfc teams this year in the seahawks and the cowboys so there is no shame and I think you guys will end up like 10-6 and make the playoffs.  You guys didn’t play well against the Seahawks but played very well overall against a very talented cowboys team, the team I think will face the Seahawks in the nfc championship game and make it to the Super Bowl this year.  Just some thoughts from an objective non falcons fan.

i am a broncos fans by the way who have had a share of tough losses also so I feel for you guys.  I see you guys going 10-6 this year and will easily beat the bears this weekend.  You just had the misfortune of having a super hard schedule the first two games this year, your schedule gets much easier with only the packers and the saints as tough games and you guys have a top offense.  And remember this, your own kicker who I think is great, has had 3 successful onsides kick against the opposing teams the last 3 times. 

Great question. Dropping clutch passes is kinda his thing. Yeah. Ok. I get it. He’s really fast and makes a lot of catches. But if Matt Ryan threw 10 passes to me I’d catch 7 or 8 of them. So as long as the ball drops on a bead and slaps the palms of my hand I should catch it. Right?  So what happened?  Just forget what he was doing?

This is more sensible than blaming a 1 Point loss on a meaningless 2 point attempt for sure. 

2 hours ago, afanofnoteam said:

I know it was a tough loss for the falcons fans yesterday but I truly believe the falcons lost to the two best nfc teams this year in the seahawks and the cowboys so there is no shame and I think you guys will end up like 10-6 and make the playoffs.  You guys didn’t play well against the Seahawks but played very well overall against a very talented cowboys team, the team I think will face the Seahawks in the nfc championship game and make it to the Super Bowl this year.  Just some thoughts from an objective non falcons fan.

i am a broncos fans by the way who have had a share of tough losses also so I feel for you guys.  I see you guys going 10-6 this year and will easily beat the bears this weekend.  You just had the misfortune of having a super hard schedule the first two games this year, your schedule gets much easier with only the packers and the saints as tough games and you guys have a top offense.  And remember this, your own kicker who I think is great, has had 3 successful onsides kick against the opposing teams the last 3 times. 

It’s funny you think the cowboys are one of the 2 best teams in the conference lol. Cowboys only make the playoffs because they are in the weakest division in football by far.

7 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

I have no other alliances except THE TRUTH. 

What happened to being on the side of objectivity? 

Objectivity Julio has good for mistakes like these every couple of seasons.

Outside of that it’s hard to throw shade on 11 because of ho he plays and has done for years.