Blank Contradicts Quinn

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Every one of those players should know that onside kick rule from PeeWee league ball. Shame on em if they don't.

That defense though? I thought Raheem, Whitt, Ulbrich and Tosh were going to fix it?

Or is it more of a Dimi talent dearth that TATF can't come to grips with? Please let me know.

You had onsides in peewee? :lol: 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The epic brain fart on the on-side kick was just the icing on an afternoon-long turd cake the Falcons made for themselves.

Blank is beginning to wake up from the SB finally.  

This wasn’t players thinking the ball would die before 10 yards, this was an example of groupthink. Once Zaccheaus and Graham hesitated the others followed suit and second guessed themselves on the ru

Posted Images

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The talent on our defense is subpar, but I might add teams that are coached well and have discipline could do alright with this defense to at least be an average defense.  Forget the coaching aspect, the ideology of playing soft with huge leads and not going after the passer is ludicrous. Most teams with good defense do not let teams off the hook or let them work their way back with consecutive quick 2 and 3 minute drives late in games. It frustrating to watch and it happens nearly every time we have huge leads. 

Watching Quinn do this for 6 years is the very definition of insanity.

Thing is even if we were just plain bad it would be good enough to have us fighting for a playoff spot. We aren't plain bad, we are out of the realm of the thikable bad. We are historically bad. We are worse than early last season bad. Even a bunch of misfits could be coached up to be just regular bad, and we have more talent than a bunch of misfits. We have two perennial pro bowlers and a bunch of first round picks on that defense. Coaching is the issue, it should be as crystal clear as crystal clear gets by now. 

10 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I mean, Blank is right in not hitting the panic button or publicly rolling Quinn. The reality is, if you fire a coach at 0-2, that sends a scary message to the rest of candidates out there. Do you really want to accept a job where you might get fired 2 games into the season? 

Even then, I'm sure Blank already feels regret. 

It's not sending a message that you'll get fired 2 games into a season. It's sending a message that since 2017 you have tolerated a terrible coach giving you terrible results and enough is enough and that's why you're getting fired. If anything it shows that Blank is TOO tolerant and any prospective coach in the league already knows this. This isn't a 2 game body of work.

A coaching problem in Atlanta what’s changed since the SB loss.

So I’m for a start again broom the whole place and start again.

@BUBBASBEANS mentioned continuity while missing the small details is the definition of insanity.Whats one thing you can attribute to the DQ tenure as HC.

One word Inconsistency.

We see it across the board already this season in 2 games.I laugh when we throw stones at one part of the team.When can you honestly sit there and say any part of this team hasn’t been inconsistent.

9 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Can't stand McKay. Should have sent him packing years ago. I don't know why Blank thinks having McKay on staff is any help to him when he's not. He knows nothing about building a Super Bowl winning football team. He wasn't the brains behind the Bucs success and he hasn't helped the Falcons in any way being on the competition committee.

Blank keeps McKay here because McKay is head of the NFL Competition committee. He thinks it gives him an advantage having him on the payroll. Maybe it does. You have to remember, the NFL is a business and although Blank may want to win, this is a business for him first and foremost. It's about money and in Blank's eyes, Rich is a nice toy to have.

1 hour ago, RG 2.0 said:

Blank keeps McKay here because McKay is head of the NFL Competition committee. He thinks it gives him an advantage having him on the payroll. Maybe it does. You have to remember, the NFL is a business and although Blank may want to win, this is a business for him first and foremost. It's about money and in Blank's eyes, Rich is a nice toy to have.

Yeah and that's why Blank better improve the product. He has a new Mercedes Benz to pay for

13 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

This wasn’t players thinking the ball would die before 10 yards, this was an example of groupthink. Once Zaccheaus and Graham hesitated the others followed suit and second guessed themselves on the rules. Poor coaching 

First time I’ve seen Blank say something contradictory to Quinn

13 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Blank is beginning to wake up from the SB finally.

He needs to just get it over with instead of all of this code side talk $hit! 

His indecisive style flows through the entire organization which is why we are in this position to begin with!

The onside kick is a microcosm of Dan Quinn's coaching. It just seems like our attention to detail sucks and that starts at the top. We don't do the little things that are needed to win football games. Last week, it was communication issues. This week it was looking like a deer in the headlights on the onside kick. We make the same small mistakes week after week and I don't see that changing until we get rid of this staff. I drank the kool aid all summer long and I am done until this team proves me wrong. I will continue to watch and cheer for my team, but I am done with the BS.

15 hours ago, ROMERO said:

I dont see Quinn making it to the bye if things dont improve. 

Things will improve this week against Chicago.  So that buys Quinn at least three more games.

Then after we get thrashed in Green Bay, everyone will say, 'Well, it's GB and a tough road game and Rodgers blah blah...'  so Blank sits tight. 

So then Minnesota will beat us, just barely, and Blank will think,  'I can't fire anyone right now, we're playing better than a month ago'..

But suddenly it's late November and we've won two more games and we're something like 4-6, still clinging to false hope.  Blank holds on at that point because you can't hire a new permanent coach in November anyway.  There's no point in making a change.  It would be stupid because any NFL assistants won't be available for two more months...so nothing changes.  

We end up 6-10, all with Quinn still fumbling and stumbling around on game days, still getting paid to coach the Falcons.  Another lost season. 

22 minutes ago, Rise said:

No players who is responsible is released?

This team has wayyyyyy too many freebie roster spots. Jamal Carter looked terrible from what I saw last year and dude somehow made the PS. Wetzel should be doing security somewhere and yet he's still here. Harlow can't compete with 3rd stringers but guess what? You got it, he's got a roster spot with the Falcons. Neasman hasn't done anything for us in 5 years, makes a crucial mistake last week and is still employed here. Charles Harris was about to be released and our genius GM traded a draft pick for him. 

If you want job security, work for the Falcons and you're there as long as you want to be. 

12 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Blank reminds me of a Mafia boss lol. But for those who think he is the problem (and he probably does share some of the blame) may I remind you of Rankin Smith,Sr? I will take Mr Blank all day long over the Clampetts. 

loved me some ellie may

8 hours ago, RG 2.0 said:

I meantioned that McKay being on the competition committee hasn't helped the Falcons one bit. The Falcons still routinely get screwed by officials. There's been no rule changes to favor the Falcons. HeIl, McKay can't even get the 2 helmet rule passed so that the Falcons can wear the uniforms they want to wear. McKay has not done any favors for Blank except be the mouthpiece behind Blank's shiny empty stadium.

19 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Every one of those players should know that onside kick rule from PeeWee league ball. Shame on em if they don't.

That defense though? I thought Raheem, Whitt, Ulbrich and Tosh were going to fix it?

Or is it more of a Dimi talent dearth that TATF can't come to grips with? Please let me know.

talent is almost the same as last year.. and they manage to put a competent defense on las half of the season ... so for me its coaching... 

But also Dimi needs to go...

20 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I mean, Blank is right in not hitting the panic button or publicly rolling Quinn. The reality is, if you fire a coach at 0-2, that sends a scary message to the rest of candidates out there. Do you really want to accept a job where you might get fired 2 games into the season? 

Even then, I'm sure Blank already feels regret. 

Blank could fire Quinn today and that wouldn't create the impression you suggest.  Time after time Blank has proven to be patient with his HC... more than patient with Q.  This simply would be deserved... Koetter could serve interim for glue and see if he can right the ship with 14 or 13 games.  Morris might have to go too. 

20 hours ago, nomak said:

Could it possibly be Blank is the problem with Atlanta?  He\\ yes he most diffinantly is the problem in Atlanta, because he holds all the cards. It's time others do as I have, make sure Blank doesn't get a dime of your money...even at Home Depot. 

That's ridiculous. He's putting money into The Falcons. He's been great for the city of Atlanta. I mean some of his decisions haven't worked out like we hoped, but it's not like he was caught hanging with Epstein (who did not kill himself).

10 hours ago, RG 2.0 said:

You have to remember, the NFL is a business and although Blank may want to win, this is a business for him first and foremost.

This is an aside to the thread, but something I've thought about before. The NFL owners are basically the pinnacle of their respective industries: retail entrepreneurs, food stuffs, technology; all kinds of companies that don't compete against each other, but that have dominated their respective spaces. NFL is where those cross-industry giants come together to compete.