Blank Contradicts Quinn

Dirtybird56

32 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Really? Don't remember anyone posting that here and sharing it. Figure that would have been a big topic on here.

I heard it somewhere...RM argued that “all the successful teams had one thing in common ...continuity”.  I would have argued that their was something more important....”organization, discipline, attention to smallest of details and of course accountability”.   Those are the hallmarks for sustained NFL success.  Continuity is merely a by product of having these other attributes.  In other words continuity w/o success is the definition of insanity...”continuing to do what isn’t working”.  That imho was where AB should’ve said “jiggs up guys”.  

Edited by BUBBASBEANS

Every one of those players should know that onside kick rule from PeeWee league ball. Shame on em if they don't.

That defense though? I thought Raheem, Whitt, Ulbrich and Tosh were going to fix it?

Or is it more of a Dimi talent dearth that TATF can't come to grips with? Please let me know.

6 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Agree McKay has overstayed his welcome and reminds me of a politician 

Can't stand McKay. Should have sent him packing years ago. I don't know why Blank thinks having McKay on staff is any help to him when he's not. He knows nothing about building a Super Bowl winning football team. He wasn't the brains behind the Bucs success and he hasn't helped the Falcons in any way being on the competition committee.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Every one of those players should know that onside kick rule from PeeWee league ball. Shame on em if they don't.

That defense though? I thought Raheem, Whitt, Ulbrich and Tosh were going to fix it?

Or is it more of a Dimi talent dearth that TATF can't come to grips with? Please let me know.

They were clearly told not to touch it. That's plain as day to see. Another idiot coaching decision.

20 minutes ago, nomak said:

Could it possibly be Blank is the problem with Atlanta?  He\\ yes he most diffinantly is the problem in Atlanta, because he holds all the cards. It's time others do as I have, make sure Blank doesn't get a dime of your money...even at Home Depot. 

I've often thought Blank is the problem.

19 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Yep!  I’d send McKay w the rest this time!!

47 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Really? Don't remember anyone posting that here and sharing it. Figure that would have been a big topic on here.

I distinctly remember it, I can try to find the article.

I am still going with the teams culture being more of a factor in the brain freeze than the finer points of communication, terminology, and coaching. Fact is, those men saw a spinning football and were afraid they might lose the game if it bounced funny when they touched it. A fear that the game could get away from them kept them from recognizing that jumping on the spinning football was a clear path to victory. 

56 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I mean, Blank is right in not hitting the panic button or publicly rolling Quinn. The reality is, if you fire a coach at 0-2, that sends a scary message to the rest of candidates out there. Do you really want to accept a job where you might get fired 2 games into the season? 

Even then, I'm sure Blank already feels regret. 

I think any competent coach will know it is more than just the first two games of this season.

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Concerning the defense and TATF opinions: The problem is that many people confuse "activity" with "improvement." The Falcons have had a fair amount of roster activity since last season but not a lot of improvement. As far as I'm concerned today, Jarrett is the only thing approaching All Pro talent the Falcons are fielding on the defensive side of the ball. 

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I remember seeing an article about how he wanted to fire Quinn after 1-7 and McKay convinced him not to. 

Blank is a corporate businessman & relies too much on recommendations, advice and opinions from those he has placed around him in his business. He would be better off going with his gut some of the time. He just doesn’t have that personality. I’ll be ****ed if I could allow this to continue as owner of the team. 

40 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Concerning the defense and TATF opinions: The problem is that many people confuse "activity" with "improvement." The Falcons have had a fair amount of roster activity since last season but not a lot of improvement. As far as I'm concerned today, Jarrett is the only thing approaching All Pro talent the Falcons are fielding on the defensive side of the ball. 

The talent on our defense is subpar, but I might add teams that are coached well and have discipline could do alright with this defense to at least be an average defense.  Forget the coaching aspect, the ideology of playing soft with huge leads and not going after the passer is ludicrous. Most teams with good defense do not let teams off the hook or let them work their way back with consecutive quick 2 and 3 minute drives late in games. It frustrating to watch and it happens nearly every time we have huge leads. 

Watching Quinn do this for 6 years is the very definition of insanity.

3 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I mean, Blank is right in not hitting the panic button or publicly rolling Quinn. The reality is, if you fire a coach at 0-2, that sends a scary message to the rest of candidates out there. Do you really want to accept a job where you might get fired 2 games into the season? 

Even then, I'm sure Blank already feels regret. 

Quinn wouldn't be getting fired for being 0-2 this year, but going 0-2 in games that it would be embarrasing as heck to lose 😆

Edited by supercollider