Do you know what the really sad thing is?

In a couple of days/weeks/months people will look back at this and fool themselves.  They will think, the game wasn't that bad. The team looked great for the first 10 minutes of the game.

It happened last season. After a 1-7 start people fooled themselves. The team wasn't that  bad.

I don't know what it is. Fool's gold.... eternal optimism.... not being able to deal with reality...

Whatever it is, it's going to happen. When it does go remember what you're feeling now.

YES. It was THAT BAD. 

The ENTIRE time Quinn has been here the defense has been bad except maybe 1 year.  He's had 6 years to fix it and at the start of every season it looks like it's the first time the players have ever played in this system. 

Since Quinn has been here the Falcons have lost games in ways that NO ONE HAS EVER LOST THEM BEFORE. Not just one game but multiple games.

Don't get fooled again. It's time to close the chapter on 28-3 and it starts with getting rid of the coach responsible for it.

I don't know what person is sitting there saying, "It wasn't that bad"... Or will look back and think that. It's an embarrassment to say the least. Just when you think your soul can't get ripped out of you more than it has with this team, they come up with a new way to just make you sit, scratch your head and feel more pain lol.

1 minute ago, sdogg said:

Even after yesterday’s embarrassing loss, we still have folks defending the trio of AB, TD and DQ. I don’t think we will have another winning season with this trio. 

Not sure how any of this belongs on TD.....this is a talented team with ******* leading them.

I do not know how to feel about this game. As I watched it I felt we did some amazing things. We counter punched when Dallas scored all but 1 time I believe. We stuck with the run far better than in past games/seasons. Our young corners did some amazing things as well. Cominsky looked disruptive as ever, Senat flashing was fun as well. Our safety play is simply abysmal and the coaching/lack of in-game adjustments is mind-boggling. 

Honestly, up until we lost I felt good about the game overall. I watched Sunday Night's game and felt the Seahawks were in the same boat as us, they simply made the play at the end of the game and we didn't. (albeit, our inventive ways to lose is epic) 

We did much better converting 4th downs, stopping 2 fake punts, Matt Ryan had some amazing O-line protection and creating early turnovers (all critique's of week 1 loss) 

And here we are somehow 0-2 but I feel quite decent about the team's trajectory (players, not coaches). I'm not here to be a sunny positive "everything will be alright" but I'm also not a "doom-n-gloom" to the point where some allow this to affect your stress level and real life priorities lol. 

14 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

I don't know what person is sitting there saying, "It wasn't that bad"... Or will look back and think that. It's an embarrassment to say the least. Just when you think your soul can't get ripped out of you more than it has with this team, they come up with a new way to just make you sit, scratch your head and feel more pain lol.

Just wait.  It's going to happen.

You can see it in some of the posts today.

Basically, we’d have to win the Super Bowl this season for me to change my mind about the direction of the team. If that happens, it’s all good. 

Short of that and I’m ripping off the Band-Aid and moving on. And I wouldn’t be mad about Quinn being fired today. 

4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Basically, we’d have to win the Super Bowl this season for me to change my mind about the direction of the team. If that happens, it’s all good. 

Short of that and I’m ripping off the Band-Aid and moving on. And I wouldn’t be mad about Quinn being fired today. 

I'd be relieved. Unfortunately it won't happen. My wild prognostication is we probably win our next two against pretty iffy competition and get to our bye week with a good enough record we can't fire him. Then we will proceed to collapse completely at seasons end and we fire Quinn after the Kansas City game where we lose 56 - 14. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I'd be relieved. Unfortunately it won't happen. My wild prognostication is we probably win our next two against pretty iffy competition and get to our bye week with a good enough record we can't fire him. Then we will proceed to collapse completely at seasons end and we fire Quinn after the Kansas City game where we lose 56 - 14. 

Close. We will lose 56 to 55 and people will proceed to blame ryan for the loss.

22 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

This is why I've been saying fire him now.

Don't give him another opportunity to fool us with meaningless wins.

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

This is why I've been saying fire him now.

Don't give him another opportunity to fool us with meaningless wins.

Agree completely. Worst case scenario would be making the playoffs again or the super bowl under Quinn. No matter how good we are, how much we have the game in hand. He will **** it up. It's what he does. 

1 minute ago, BlazerSlayer said:

In the same way that the Detroit loss in London turned my view on Mike Smith, yesterday turned my view on DQ. He needs to be gone. There is talent (plenty) on this team so I'm ok with TD being kept on. 

To be fair it was that AND the Browns game debacle that did it for Mike Smith.

IF he manages the timeouts and wins either of those games they would have win the division and they would have been in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, sdogg said:

Even after yesterday’s embarrassing loss, we still have folks defending the trio of AB, TD and DQ. I don’t think we will have another winning season with this trio. 

We better not because they better not be here the rest of the season. But Mr. Blank doesn't have the cojones to fire them in mid seseason.

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

To be fair it was that AND the Browns game debacle that did it for Mike Smith.

IF he manages the timeouts and wins either of those games they would have win the division and they would have been in the playoffs.

If I remember correctly they asked Smitty why he called the TO snd he said if I didn't Cleveland would've...That is Dan Quinn stupid right there.

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

In a couple of days/weeks/months people will look back at this and fool themselves.  They will think, the game wasn't that bad. The team looked great for the first 10 minutes of the game.

It happened last season. After a 1-7 start people fooled themselves. The team wasn't that  bad.

I don't know what it is. Fool's gold.... eternal optimism.... not being able to deal with reality...

Whatever it is, it's going to happen. When it does go remember what you're feeling now.

YES. It was THAT BAD. 

The ENTIRE time Quinn has been here the defense has been bad except maybe 1 year.  He's had 6 years to fix it and at the start of every season it looks like it's the first time the players have ever played in this system. 

Since Quinn has been here the Falcons have lost games in ways that NO ONE HAS EVER LOST THEM BEFORE. Not just one game but multiple games.

Don't get fooled again. It's time to close the chapter on 28-3 and it starts with getting rid of the coach responsible for it.

Ture.  The only reason the D was great the one year, Super bowl year, they were playing with huge leads most of the time and very, very aggressive; plus, much better players too.

56 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

You nailed my feelings to the T.

Well, you know, it wasn't THAT bad.  

I mean, the Dallas Cowboys are a great football team lead by a Hall of Fame coach.  Dak Prescott has a stellar record when it comes to staging legendary comeback victories, and his receivers are easily the best trio in the NFL.  Their defense is an impenetrable stone wall of denial, and the Falcons blew that defense up for 3.95 quarters.  They just ran out of luck there at the end. 

The Falcons even had a brilliant plan for the onside kick, but the ball just bounced Dallas' way and of course the refs didn't help us either. 

Yeah, we'd have won it if Julio catches that pass from Gage, but Gage did kind of lead him by a couple millimeters, and you can't expect Julio to catch every pass.  

Also, we'd have won if Quinn goes for the single extra point earlier too, but I'd rather have a progressive-thinking coach who's willing to take risks than one who just wants to win games.  Come on.  

All in all, I think the Falcons served notice to the league that we're going to be a team to be reckoned with come playoff time.  I'm thinking we're about to rip off 8,9...maybe 10 wins in a row.  Easily.  I mean, look at our scores.  We're averaging 32 pts a game, which is better than 2016 even.  

-

(Is that about the kind of blind stupid homer horsesh*t we're talking about?  Yeah, I'm sure we'll see some of that)   

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

YES. It was THAT BAD. 

Just as I did last year, I will be here to remind folks.....”it is what history shows us it is”.   When a coach, team, org show you over a cpl years that they are unorganized, unable to coordinate a cohesive and coherent game plan and unwilling to establish accountability......they’re on the fast track for failure at all levels.  Thus what we have here.  That 6-1 run, if anything, should’ve clued everyone to the fact that these players are on “island time” w this staff and feel no need to raise their level of effort/concentration/attention to details until their gravy train begins to rock.   This is a cancer for any organization that can only be fixed by changing culture and DQ, TD, RM are not going to change themselves.  It’s who they are.  RM is a Corp button down suite (which is comfortable to AB), TD is a yuppie who knows how to speak well and avoid creating waves within org.  DQ is a nice guy, prbly a decent coach at some level like college bc he’s character and encouragement.  NONE of these talents lends themselves individually to NFL success and collectively they’re creating a neutered culture that allows players to rule the roost, based upon some past performance achievements and staff tows the Corp line w no co sequence bc RM advises “continuity”.  WTH up!!!!!  Tampa never won anything until they got rid of McKay!!!!!  TD was not coveted by New England and Seattle certainly hasn’t experienced a drop off without DQ and they’ve been rebuilding.  This org does not have the right people in the house!!!  Yes, we got lucky drafting Grady, Julio and MR but nothing else of measurable sustained success has been realized here....a cpl of playoffs runs.....really......that is not success.  In fact we’re seeing that those were aberrations not the true identity of this org!!   Julio and Matt have made their $, they’d like a ring I’m sure but they don’t won’t it the way we want our team to “want it”. DQ would like one but he’s still spinning from 3rd qtr of LI and AB is in denial bc at his age I’m sure he loathes another rebuild as close as we came but........it was an aberration!!! We are who they show you they are over and over and over and over and over and......you get it.   Anyone w the intelligence of an amoeba can see it now.  It’s ABs team and his call but it’s the fans $ when they finally decide to speak w their pocketbooks!!!!!