Let's talk about Calvin Ridley

Let me start by saying I'm so disgusted with the team that I can scream. I was seething mad at YET ANOTHER epic collapse by this team. Whether it's up 17-0 vs San Fran with a chance to go to the SB. Or whether it's the still too unbelievable to accept 28-3 SB collapse. And now this, maybe the most improbable of them all choke after the offense puts up 39 points and the defense has 5 takeaways.....WE STILL find a way to lose.

Ok. enough about that. Let's talk about our emerging star WR. We entered the season thinking that Ridley would make the leap to be a top WR in the league this year, but this man is looking so good that he might be our #1 receiver sooner than people think. Ok, maybe he's not going to be looked at as the #1, but with Julio seemingly always nicked up and his persistent knack for big drops I think Ridley can be our most effective WR if not the #1 in name. In 31 career games Ridley has 21 total TDs. That's a remarkable amount of production. In just 2 and 1/4 seasons, Ridley is approaching half of Julio's career TDs he's amassed over 9 seasons and 128 career games. And TDs aren't the only area he's dominating. He leads the league in receptions for first downs and is in a tie for most yards so far this season. 

It's still very early in the season, but it's looking like we've got one of the best young receivers in the league across from our future HOF WR. If there's anything to take solace in, I guess it's that..

5 minutes ago, SOI said:

Calvin Ridley, and the rest of the passing game, is being helped out by Julio Jones just lining up on the field.

Julio is the Alpha 

I'm worried that Julio may be headed toward the same cliff Roddy hit at the end where he couldn't stay healthy.

If that's the case it's only a matter of time before teams try single covering Julio and doubling Ridley.

16 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I'm worried that Julio may be headed toward the same cliff Roddy hit at the end where he couldn't stay healthy.

If that's the case it's only a matter of time before teams try single covering Julio and doubling Ridley.

I would dare teams to play Julio with 1 defender

11 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Imagine a QB with a LIVE arm that could buy time throwing to ridley. Too many has Ridley been open but Ryan just doesn’t have the poise in the pocket or playmaking ability to get Rid the ball. 

Falcons Fans swear matt ryan isnt part of the problem. Its irritating too see and listen too 

1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Let me start by saying I'm so disgusted with the team that I can scream. I was seething mad at YET ANOTHER epic collapse by this team. Whether it's up 17-0 vs San Fran with a chance to go to the SB. Or whether it's the still too unbelievable to accept 28-3 SB collapse. And now this, maybe the most improbable of them all choke after the offense puts up 39 points and the defense has 5 takeaways.....WE STILL find a way to lose.

Ok. enough about that. Let's talk about our emerging star WR. We entered the season thinking that Ridley would make the leap to be a top WR in the league this year, but this man is looking so good that he might be our #1 receiver sooner than people think. Ok, maybe he's not going to be looked at as the #1, but with Julio seemingly always nicked up and his persistent knack for big drops I think Ridley can be our most effective WR if not the #1 in name. In 31 career games Ridley has 21 total TDs. That's a remarkable amount of production. In just 2 and 1/4 seasons, Ridley is approaching half of Julio's career TDs he's amassed over 9 seasons and 128 career games. And TDs aren't the only area he's dominating. He leads the league in receptions for first downs and is in a tie for most yards so far this season. 

It's still very early in the season, but it's looking like we've got one of the best young receivers in the league across from our future HOF WR. If there's anything to take solace in, I guess it's that..

AND THE TALENT IS BEING WASTED BECAUSE OF A BONE HEAD COACH. BUT AGREED RIDLEY IS ON HIS WAY TO BE A TOP 5 WR.