Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

One of the most ignorant of facts statements I've ever read on this board.  EVERY first time head coach has never been a head coach before.  EVERY first time head coach has shown the prerequisite abilities to be a head coach or they never would have been interviewed and given the job...

You are showing YOUR ignorance if you think being a coordinator and being a Head Coach is the same job with the same set of skills.  Your statement is simple-minded, lacks comprehension of the complexity of differences in knowledge and abilities required from a HC vs. coordinator, and quite frankly just displays your emotions blinding your logic... typical of most unsophisticated football fans.

Edited by FloweryStump
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do not want. Tired of the Falcons hiring unproven coordinators that made their names riding the coattails of great head coaches. Look at Matt Nagy with the Bears. He was supposed to be great too. But

Yep...although I’d also be fine with a coordinator who clearly runs the offense or defense on their team and isn’t run through the HC’s system. 

Coat-tails how...He has been with Reid since 98 in Philly and worked his way up the letter. If anything Quinn was a coat tail coach. We need a mind like Bieniemy. We would keep building the OL and run

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, FloweryStump said:

So you admit that Nagy said his relationship with Trubisky was part of the reason why he chose the Bears.  Thank you.  Of course it was not the ONLY reason (who said that?), but part of the reason he went there.

I  agree... I was a supporter of Rex for the job over DQ.  I'm a newbie on the board, so you'll just have to take my word for it.  😁  I agree with your last point that just because you've been a HC before it doesn't mean you're the best qualified for the job.  But at this point, particularly given our recent team history, I'd be more inclined to go after a known commodity than rolling the dice.

Nagy didn’t have a “relationship” with Trubisky. You’re basing it off the 6 hour interview you said he had with him. At the 25 min mark of the video he said they met with all their QB prospects for that length of time. 
 

The question was asked how much influence did it play into him coming to Chicago to develop a young QB, and he said it was part of it. Then said it wasn’t THE reason why he came.

Your initially statements were “And Nagy chose to go to Chicago to develop Trubisky.” And  “Nagy CHOSE Trubisky. He had a relationship with him before CHOOSING to go to Chicago:”.

Both these statements show no other reasoning as to WHY Nagy chose the Bears, other than Trubisky. Which is what I was saying wasn’t true. You inferred that it was the only reason. 
 

In the NFL there is no such thing as a “known commodity”, minus a few head coaches. Much like elite QBs, elite HCs are few and far between. Harbaugh has character issues. Which has been an issue with the Falcons locker room before and it didn’t end well.
 

There are several coaches I want us to interview, Harbaugh isn’t one of them. Rehash HCs seldom ever work. Harbaugh isn’t dominating on the college scene like they thought he would. I think his NFL success was greatly influenced by his coordinators Roman and Fangio, and their ability to get the most out of the majority of players that were there before the Harbaugh regime came in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FloweryStump said:

You are showing YOUR ignorance if you think being a coordinator and being a Head Coach is the same job with the same set of skills.  Your statement is simple-minded, lacks comprehension of the complexity of differences in knowledge and abilities required from a HC vs. coordinator, and quite frankly just displays your emotions blinding your logic... typical of most unsophisticated football fans.

Big worded circular talk is not gonna cover up from the FACT that no FIRST time head coach was a head coach before they became a FIRST time head coach.  

YOU also insinuated that I said a head coach is the same as being a coordinator. I only repeated YOUR statements that a coordinator has to show head coaching abilities.  YOU said that and I said that every head coach that gets interviewed has shown those traits. That's why they get interviewed. 

You are upset because people see thru your lame attempts to find a way to discredit Bienemy...:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Nagy didn’t have a “relationship” with Trubisky. You’re basing it off the 6 hour interview you said he had with him. At the 25 min mark of the video he said they met with all their QB prospects for that length of time. 
 

The question was asked how much influence did it play into him coming to Chicago to develop a young QB, and he said it was part of it. Then said it wasn’t THE reason why he came.

Your initially statements were “And Nagy chose to go to Chicago to develop Trubisky.” And  “Nagy CHOSE Trubisky. He had a relationship with him before CHOOSING to go to Chicago:”.

Both these statements show no other reasoning as to WHY Nagy chose the Bears, other than Trubisky. Which is what I was saying wasn’t true. You inferred that it was the only reason. 
 

In the NFL there is no such thing as a “known commodity”, minus a few head coaches. Much like elite QBs, elite HCs are few and far between. Harbaugh has character issues. Which has been an issue with the Falcons locker room before and it didn’t end well.
 

There are several coaches I want us to interview, Harbaugh isn’t one of them. Rehash HCs seldom ever work. Harbaugh isn’t dominating on the college scene like they thought he would. I think his NFL success was greatly influenced by his coordinators Roman and Fangio, and their ability to get the most out of the majority of players that were there before the Harbaugh regime came in. 

He did have a relationship with him.  They texted "often" during his rookie year.  6 hours hanging out is more than I spend with half of my friends in a year.  And I don't text them as often as Nagy and Trubisky seemed to.

You just said he said it was part of it!  You sound like my wife getting all nit-picky picking every little word.  I said he chose the Bears and Trubisky over the Colts and Luck.  Your wife must be a saint.

Most head coaches do not work out... rehashed or new.  That's just how it goes... due to numerous factors.  Personnel being the most important one.  I have said repeatedly it is just a personal preference of mine to go after someone experienced with the actual job.  And I have not mentioned Harbaugh even once in this thread so I have no idea why you keep bringing that up.  Again, your wife must be a saint.   😇

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Big worded circular talk is not gonna cover up from the FACT that no FIRST time head coach was a head coach before they became a FIRST time head coach.  

YOU also insinuated that I said a head coach is the same as being a coordinator. I only repeated YOUR statements that a coordinator has to show head coaching abilities.  YOU said that and I said that every head coach that gets interviewed has shown those traits. That's why they get interviewed. 

You are upset because people see thru your lame attempts to find a way to discredit Bienemy...:lol:

You have a tremendous grasp of the obvious.  Congrats for pointing out that no first time coach was ever a HC before.  Thank you.

How do you show head coaching abilities when you have not done it before?  You can show traits, but not abilities if you have never actually done it before.  You can see a guy play basketball and believe he would also be a pretty good football player... but you don't know.  Not sure why you're getting all bent out of shape about this, but get it off your chest if you need to brother!  I'm here for you!

And that's awesome if you have your man-crush on Bienemy!  Proclaim your love!  I just don't feel the same way.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FloweryStump said:

You have a tremendous grasp of the obvious.  Congrats for pointing out that no first time coach was ever a HC before.  Thank you.

How do you show head coaching abilities when you have not done it before?  You can show traits, but not abilities if you have never actually done it before.  You can see a guy play basketball and believe he would also be a pretty good football player... but you don't know.  Not sure why you're getting all bent out of shape about this, but get it off your chest if you need to brother!  I'm here for you!

And that's awesome if you have your man-crush on Bienemy!  Proclaim your love!  I just don't feel the same way.  

The Falcons KEPT a head coach who had to hire a time out management coach, so evidently with the Falcons, head coaching traits don't matter even after being hired by them...:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FloweryStump said:

He did have a relationship with him.  They texted "often" during his rookie year.  6 hours hanging out is more than I spend with half of my friends in a year.  And I don't text them as often as Nagy and Trubisky seemed to.

You just said he said it was part of it!  You sound like my wife getting all nit-picky picking every little word.  I said he chose the Bears and Trubisky over the Colts and Luck.  Your wife must be a saint.

Most head coaches do not work out... rehashed or new.  That's just how it goes... due to numerous factors.  Personnel being the most important one.  I have said repeatedly it is just a personal preference of mine to go after someone experienced with the actual job.  And I have not mentioned Harbaugh even once in this thread so I have no idea why you keep bringing that up.  Again, your wife must be a saint.   😇

Lmfao Your attempts to try and swerve the conversation into childish remarks won’t work. Mainly because I’m not even married. So your “Wife must be a saint” nonsense is just a veiled attempt to try and goad me. 

Your initial premise of the Nagy conversation was that his “relationship” with Trubisky is the reason why he chose the Bears. You gave me “reports”, interviews, etc. and nothing conclusive was said that they had a “relationship” of any sorts outside of the draft interview process.  What you’re reiterating were rumors made by Chicago beat writers. Listening to the interview and even Nagy himself said that he came there because of how the Bears organization treated him. Also the Bears are my 2nd team behind the Falcons. Lol

I’m not sure what kind of friends other people have, but I spend well over 6 hours at a time during big events. Not to mention we keep in contact through text and phone calls on a regular basis. H@ll, a football Sunday is from Noon to 8 lol. 

I believe I only brought up Harbaugh once with you (I could be wrong), not several. So I’m not sure how I “keep bringing it up”. However the entire conversation on this board is about how we need to hire a “proven” head coach and Harbaugh’s name is thrown around by a lot of people on this post.

What proven head coaches were you speaking of?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Lmfao Your attempts to try and swerve the conversation into childish remarks won’t work. Mainly because I’m not even married. So your “Wife must be a saint” nonsense is just a veiled attempt to try and goad me. 

Your initial premise of the Nagy conversation was that his “relationship” with Trubisky is the reason why he chose the Bears. You gave me “reports”, interviews, etc. and nothing conclusive was said that they had a “relationship” of any sorts outside of the draft interview process.  What you’re reiterating were rumors made by Chicago beat writers. Listening to the interview and even Nagy himself said that he came there because of how the Bears organization treated him. Also the Bears are my 2nd team behind the Falcons. Lol

I’m not sure what kind of friends other people have, but I spend well over 6 hours at a time during big events. Not to mention we keep in contact through text and phone calls on a regular basis. H@ll, a football Sunday is from Noon to 8 lol. 

I believe I only brought up Harbaugh once with you (I could be wrong), not several. So I’m not sure how I “keep bringing it up”. However the entire conversation on this board is about how we need to hire a “proven” head coach and Harbaugh’s name is thrown around by a lot of people on this post.

What proven head coaches were you speaking of?  

Dude... I can tell you're getting all worked up about this.  Let's clarify so you can calm down.

If you spend 6 hours with someone and text them several times afterwards, I would say that is a relationship.  You know them a bit.  Maybe you define "relationship" differently.  I am not going to get into the semantics of what a definition of a "relationship" is with you.  From my perspective, they had one.  I never said Trubisky was the ONLY reason he went to Chicago.  But you yourself admitted it was PART of it.  Nagy said it in his press conference.  Why are we even arguing about this?  Its meaningless.

You can go back and look at my posts, I'm not rewriting them.  I said in my initial post I knew my choices would not be popular.  I know fans, by definition, are emotional fanatics.  Emotion blinds logic.  Go scroll up, then come back and blast my choices.  😎

Edited by FloweryStump
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, FloweryStump said:

Dude... I can tell you're getting all worked up about this.  Let's clarify so you can calm down.

If you spend 6 hours with someone and text them several times afterwards, I would say that is a relationship.  You know them a bit.  Maybe you define "relationship" differently.  I am not going to get into the semantics of what a definition is with you.  From my perspective, they had one.  I never said Trubisky was the ONLY reason he went to Chicago.  But you yourself admitted it was PART of it.  Nagy said it in his press conference.  Why are we even arguing about this?  Its meaningless.

You can go back and look at my posts, I'm not rewriting them.  I said in my initial post I knew my choices would not be popular.  I know fans, by definition, are emotional fanatics.  Emotion blinds logic.  Go scroll up, then come back and blast my choices.  😎

Lmfao Ah the old “calm down” retort. It’s been awhile. I’m laughing at your poor attempts to goad me with the wife, and “emotion blinds logic” statements. It’s poor trolling. You can do better. Stick to the topic. 

You stated it several times that the “relationship” with Trubisky is why he chose the Bears. You said they texted throughout his rookie season (Which is a rumor). Said he chose Trubisky and The Bears over Luck and the Colts (Luck was injured). Everything you said revolves around Trubisky and their “relationship”. A “relationship” that was only confirmed to be a six hour interview that he did two years prior. An interview process that they did with every QB they met with.

Around the 23 min mark, Nagy himself said that Trubisky wasn’t involved in his Bears HC interview process. I find it interesting that the starting QB who had a “relationship” with a their potential HC candidate, wouldn’t be involved in anyway with the interview process. Seems like you’re trying to speak rumors as fact, which is a bad look. Especially to someone who follows the Bears like I do.  Lol


So I found this in another thread.  Dennis Allen, Jack Del Rio, and Jim Swartz?

How is that not the Peter Principle?  

All of them came in and failed as a HC  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Lmfao Ah the old “calm down” retort. It’s been awhile. I’m laughing at your poor attempts to goad me with the wife, and “emotion over logic” statements. It’s poor trolling. You can do better. Stick to the topic. 

You stated it several times that the “relationship” with Trubisky is why he chose the Bears. You said they texted throughout his rookie season (Which is a rumor). Said he chose Trubisky and The Bears over Luck and the Colts (Luck was injured). Everything you said revolves around Trubisky and their “relationship”. A “relationship” that was only confirmed to be a six hour interview that he did two years prior. An interview process that they did with every QB they met with.

Around the 23 min mark, Nagy himself said that Trubisky wasn’t involved in his Bears HC interview process. I find it interesting that the starting QB who had a “relationship” with a their potential HC candidate, wouldn’t be involved in anyway with the interview process. Seems like you’re trying to speak rumors as fact, which is a bad look. Especially to someone who follows the Bears like I do.  Lol


So I found this in another thread.  Dennis Allen, Jack Del Rio, and Jim Swartz?

How is that not the Peter Principle?  

All of them came in and failed as a HC  

 

Dude... you're nit-picking something that is MEANINGLESS.  No wonder you're not married. If you're such a Bears fan, then you'd know Pace and McCaskey interviewed Nagy in a hotel room in KC after he blew the playoff game against the Titans.  Of course Trubisky wouldn't be there.  Its indisputable that Nagy and Trubisky had a relationship and that Nagy chose to go to develop him in Chicago.  YOU even said Trubisky was a PART of the reason Nagy went there.  Just stop the nit-picky little girl routine.  Its getting embarrassing for you.

Dennis Allen failed... I will give you that.  But the roster in Oakland was just SOOOO bad.  He would be third on my list and you could make a strong enough case for me to remove him.  I just think the combination of HC experience and how he's rejuvenated the Saints D is worth interviewing.  

JDR had a terrible Jags roster competitive and winning in the playoffs until the GM Gene Smith came in and decimated the team.  JDR did that before the CBA required minimum salary caps and the Jags were notoriously cheap, working at about 65% of the cap spending during his years there.  He went to Oakland with a brutal roster and in 2 years had them winning a playoff game.  Both Jax and Oak became worse for multiple seasons after he left.

Schwartz had Detroit in the playoffs.  They have been horrid since he left, and he has gone on to to win a Super Bowl as DC in Philly.  And he's experienced.

Not the Peter Principle at all (you can argue Allen like I said, but c'mon... that roster).  Its simple-minded to say JDR and Schwartz failed.  That's like saying Belichick failed in Cleveland.  How have they been since he left? I evaluate a coach by a) did the organization improve after they got there?; and b) did the organization get worse after they left?  JDR and Schwartz (and Belicheck in CLE) meet that criteria.

Edited by FloweryStump
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloweryStump said:

Dude... you're nit-picking something that is MEANINGLESS.  No wonder you're not married. If you're such a Bears fan, then you'd know Pace and McCaskey interviewed Nagy in a hotel room in KC after he blew the playoff game against the Titans.  Of course Trubisky wouldn't be there.  Its indisputable that Nagy and Trubisky had a relationship and that Nagy chose to go to develop him in Chicago.  Just stop the nit-picky little girl routine.  Its getting embarrassing for you.

Dennis Allen failed... I will give you that.  But the roster in Oakland was just SOOOO bad.  He would be third on my list and you could make a strong enough case for me to remove him.  I just think the combination of HC experience and how he's rejuvenated the Saints D is worth interviewing.  

JDR had a terrible Jags roster competitive and winning in the playoffs until the GM Gene Smith came in and decimated the team.  JDR did that before the CBA required minimum salary caps and the Jags were notoriously cheap, working at about 65% of the cap spending during his years there.  He went to Oakland with a brutal roster and in 2 years had them winning a playoff game.  Both Jax and Oak proved to worse for multiple seasons after he left.

Schwartz had Detroit in the playoffs.  They have been horrid since he left, and he has gone on to to win a Super Bowl as DC in Philly.  And he's experienced.

Not the Peter Principle at all (you can argue Allen like I said, but c'mon... that roster).  Its simple-minded to say JDR and Schwartz failed.  That's like saying Belichick failed in Cleveland.  How have they been since he left? 

Lmfao “No wonder you’re not married” and “Little girl”. Those are definitely new ones. A for originality, F for execution.  The things that are embarrassing are your attitude, name calling, and trolling. For someone who says this is “meaningless”, you throw a lot of insults. Lol

I’m well aware of his interview after the loss. However this wasn’t something they didn’t already plan to do. The Bears front office didn’t say “Hey, that Nagy guy seems pretty good, let’s go interview him.”. Lol

That means that there was a process they were conducting before the interview.They were already doing their due diligence. If there was a “relationship” between he and Trubisky, then the Bears would have talked to Trubisky at some point during the interview process. So there is no “indisputable” proof that a “relationship” was there. He interviewed him with KC, like he did with other QBs, and that’s it. 

Unfortunately stating that they aren’t an example of the Peter Principle means that you don’t fully grasp the concept of the Peter Principle. Which is so strange that you’ve referenced it several times, and it was intended to be satire. lol

“The Peter principle, which states that people are promoted to their level of incompetence, suggests that something is fundamentally misaligned in the promotion process.”

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/faculty-research/publications/peter-principle-theory-decline

In a Hierarchy Every Employee Tends to Rise to His Level of Incompetence.” (Caps Wikipedia's). Basically if you work at anyplace with any kind of merit-based system of promotions, people will continue to rise within a company until they no longer are performing at an exceptional level.”

https://stanfordreview.org/science-your-boss-sucks/amp/?espv=1

Virtually no team in the history of the NFL has fired their head coach when they are performing at an exceptional level. JDR, Allen, Swartz, and even Belichick (his first time) failed as a head coach for this very reason.

As a head coach you are typically hired because the team is bad. Your job is to put together a team and staff and start winning and stay successful, regardless of mitigating factors. That’s what you were hired to do, and if you don’t do it, then you get fired. Which is to say that you failed. None of your coaching picks were successful/exceptional head coaches. Which is why they were replaced. Placing them directing into the Peter Principle.  

As a side note, people really need to stop using Belichick as an example. His type of success is something no one could have foresaw. He’s the exception to the rule, not the standard. I’d say he’s a once in a generation type of coach but that is an understatement. If any team is trying to find someone like him, good luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 7:39 PM, N1985oles! said:

He got a ring with a backup quarterback that has been a journeyman since.  Get me as a fan a parade and party.  He also made Wentz look really good for a few years until the league caught up with everything Wentz can't do.  

Frank Reich was the man behind that Superbowl and the other assistants. Since they all got poached, Wentz has not been the same and they have been less than wondrous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

What could he do for the defense is the question.....we scored 64 points in two games. Can we talk defense or do you want us to score 60 pts /gm

my bad this is an offensive thread

Like i said. We only scored against seatle when the game was out of reach and could only muster up a measly 10 points in the 2nd half against the cowboys. If this offense cant score points when the games are on the line then. Its gonna be a long season. Consistency is what wins games in the nfl. You cant just score 40 points in 1 quarter and then go 3 and out the rest of the game. Its gonna affect your defense and vice versa. As bad as weve looked at times, we ve also looked great if we can find a balance of both then we should be good. But if both offense and defense continue to have their extreme mood swings then we are screwed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...