• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do not want. Tired of the Falcons hiring unproven coordinators that made their names riding the coattails of great head coaches. Look at Matt Nagy with the Bears. He was supposed to be great too. But

Yep...although I’d also be fine with a coordinator who clearly runs the offense or defense on their team and isn’t run through the HC’s system. 

Coat-tails how...He has been with Reid since 98 in Philly and worked his way up the letter. If anything Quinn was a coat tail coach. We need a mind like Bieniemy. We would keep building the OL and run

Posted Images

6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly. When the Saints went out and hired Sean Payton from the Cowboys they were getting the offensive mind behind the Cowboys success under Bill Parcells. If you hire Eric Bienemy you're not getting the offensive mind behind the Chiefs success. If we hire a coordinator we need to hire someone who is the mind behind the success. I don't trust Blank to be capable of doing that because he always falls for the great sales pitch that lacks substance.

How much success did the Cowboys have under Parcells?

please no more old head coaches! mike mcdaniel is my top pick, hes been in the shanahan tree since 2006. Wide recievers coach since 2013 and running game coordinator since 2017. he also has experience as an assistant head coach. that guy knows that offense inside and out. only thing hes lacking is calling plays, but im willing to take a shot at him.

Edited by dapanch420
6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly. When the Saints went out and hired Sean Payton from the Cowboys they were getting the offensive mind behind the Cowboys success under Bill Parcells. If you hire Eric Bienemy you're not getting the offensive mind behind the Chiefs success. If we hire a coordinator we need to hire someone who is the mind behind the success. I don't trust Blank to be capable of doing that because he always falls for the great sales pitch that lacks substance.

Aka, what the 49ers did a few years ago...😖

7 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

You do know that Andy Reid came up under DIRK KOETTER and Mike Holmgren don't you?   No you didn't...  KOETTER and Holmgren are the minds behind Andy Reid so hiring Eric Bienemy fits the pattern...:lol:

KOETTER with Andy Reid chilling in the background...

Dave Matter on Twitter: "Mizzou Zubaz circa 1991. Dirk Koetter, Andy Reid,  Marty Mornhinweg http://t.co/kboxrULKGe"

9 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

You do know that Andy Reid came up under DIRK KOETTER and Mike Holmgren don't you?   No you didn't...  KOETTER and Holmgren are the minds behind Andy Reid so hiring Eric Bienemy fits the pattern...:lol:

KOETTER with Andy Reid chilling in the background...

Dave Matter on Twitter: "Mizzou Zubaz circa 1991. Dirk Koetter, Andy Reid,  Marty Mornhinweg http://t.co/kboxrULKGe"

Man, you gotta love those pants and the confidence to wear them! :lol:

2 minutes ago, izibit74 said:

That's what they said about belicheck

Not one soul said that about BB. He’s also, by light years, the exception to the rule. He also cut his HC teeth with somebody else, Cleveland, in fact. 

Let’s also not overlook the fact that he was blessed with coaching in a division without one single viable QB to face (and hardly ever a viable team) in 20 years, all the while getting stupid lucky that a 6th round, nobody QB draft pick turned into a HOFer at the most critical position in the sport. 

We aren’t a young team with the luxury of a 2-3 year rebuild ahead. We need a guy with a proven system, because otherwise, we might as well be playing craps.  

We tried this experiment with our last FOUR head coaches. I’ll pass on five, thanks. 

9 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Do not want. Tired of the Falcons hiring unproven coordinators that made their names riding the coattails of great head coaches. Look at Matt Nagy with the Bears. He was supposed to be great too. But we see how that's working out in Chicago. Falcons need a proven NFL head coach. Jim Harbaugh is the only proven NFL head coach available.

Would you like to also mention Pederson at Phi being unproven?  Every great head coach is unproven before greatness.  Tired of people thinking established great head coaches get walking papers.  

How great was Pete Carroll before he was great?  What about Belichik?  Was Andy Reid always a great head coach when he was at GB being a QB coach?  

Fans like this are why Atlanta is not respected at ANY level of sports from the players down to the fans.

9 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The Chiefs would be absolutely nothing without Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is the reason that offense is so good.

Haha Alex Smith went 9-0 to start his Chiefs career and went 11-0 in 2015.....yep its all Mahomes that makes the Andy Reid offense run.....for God sake Andy Reid offense made Kevin Kolb filthy rich.  Its not just Mahomes that makes Andy Reid offense great....its Andy Reid and Co

8 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

If we end up with Bienemy, I would only hope to draft Justin Fields. They would undoubtedly make for a great future combo.

That's a dope duo. I like Trey Lance. Small school guy could sit behind Matt in 2021. By 2022 he would be starting and Matt could be traded for picks. I love MR2 but the SB window has closed

22 minutes ago, N1985oles! said:

Would you like to also mention Pederson at Phi being unproven?  Every great head coach is unproven before greatness.  Tired of people thinking established great head coaches get walking papers.  

How great was Pete Carroll before he was great?  What about Belichik?  Was Andy Reid always a great head coach when he was at GB being a QB coach?  

Fans like this are why Atlanta is not respected at ANY level of sports from the players down to the fans.

Yepper! 

Two things...

one, Good Proven Coaches surprisingly aren’t unemployed for some strange reason.

And B, Belichik was ran out of Cleveland on a hot rail! 

Like you stated coaches aren’t proven until they are! 

actually, I am curious to know who he thinks we SHOULD pick who is available.

9 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

If we end up with Bienemy, I would only hope to draft Justin Fields. They would undoubtedly make for a great future combo.

More than likely that would require a trade partner for Ryan. 

Not sure how realistic that is with his contract, but that is the only way I see us going after a QB in the draft that high.

I see a bunch of people saying that we need a “proven” head coach. That’s all well and good however there’s a reason why some of these head coaches are on the unemployment line. It’s because they have proven they can’t handle it in the NFL anymore. 

I remember when Quinn got hired, there was this MASSIVE group of people that wanted us to hire Rex Ryan instead. Like they were so adamant. They claimed he didn’t have a QB, he’s not an issue, etc. Bills wound up hiring him and Ryan is now on the unemployment line.

I see a lot of people clamoring for Harbaugh. Seeing the amount of drama this dude has been associated with makes me wonder if he would be a distraction to this team. He’s taken Michigan to 5 bowl games but only won one. That’s a very interesting thing to look at when someone who is considered a HC candidate. 

Of the 32 NFL Head Coaches that are currently employed. 23 had ZERO NFL Head Coaching experience before being hired. Unless your name is Belichick then you’re replaceable. Plain and simple.

There is no recipe for success. You hire the candidate that will give you the best shot at winning. The NFL isn’t a rehash league. They hire new blood all the time and it pays off more often than it doesn’t. Eliminating candidates based solely on the fact that they have no NFL Head Coaching experience is asinine reasoning. 

Bienemy is going to be one of the hottest names this off-season. I expect us to do our due diligence before hiring anyone regardless but he’s on my list of potential HCs; right along with Josh McDaniels, Greg Roman, and Brian Daboll.