11 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Not gonna bite on your race comment even if it does have some merit to it.

Just saying I don't believe Andy Reid coaches can be trusted to do it on their own. It's like how Bill Belichick coaches have proven they can't do it on their own. I'm sick of Falcons always hiring questionable guys with no proven substance. You look at the list of guys hired by Blank and none of them proved themselves deserving of a HC job. Not surprising they all flopped.

Andy tree is better than Belichick and Pete Carroll's tree at this point

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do not want. Tired of the Falcons hiring unproven coordinators that made their names riding the coattails of great head coaches. Look at Matt Nagy with the Bears. He was supposed to be great too. But

Yep...although I’d also be fine with a coordinator who clearly runs the offense or defense on their team and isn’t run through the HC’s system. 

Coat-tails how...He has been with Reid since 98 in Philly and worked his way up the letter. If anything Quinn was a coat tail coach. We need a mind like Bieniemy. We would keep building the OL and run

Posted Images

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think it’s a mixture of Mahomes and Reid. Andy Reid has been very successful on offense with very average QB’s for years. Mahomes is amazing, but I don’t think he’s the guy he is today without Reid 

Absolutely agree. But Andy Reid never had a record setting offense. He had good offenses but nothing like what they've got with Mahomes. Mahomes and Reid together are a deadly combo. I don't know how much of that credit I can give to Bienemy. People thought Matt Nagy with the Bears would do great and the Bears haven't. Doug Peterson outside of 1 year with the Eagles hasn't done so hot either.

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

2017 was good even with Sark. Ever since all those injuries in 2018 we just haven't been the same. Firing all 3 coordinators at the end of the season was probably a mistake. Should have just kept them all.

Eh, 2017 was arguably more talented than 2016 roster wise. But there were tons of mental errors. Dropped passes, penalties, etc. The talent bailed Quinn out IMO

2 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Hiring Jim Harbaugh kinda has the feel of us hiring Rex Ryan back in 2015. I don't think either are the answer.

Not even close. Jim Harbaugh posted a 44-19-1 record in San Francisco. Rex Ryan posted a 61-66 record in his stops with the Jets and 49ers. Harbaugh was a hard *** that won football games. Ryan won games early in his go with the Jets but his style wore itself out early. He was 20-12 in his first 2 years. After that he went 41-54. They're not even remotely the same personality styles either.

6 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

He would be a good hire.. but I think some one like Jay Gruden would be good also..

Nope. Jay Gruden is a decent OC but has proven he's not HC material. Gruden was 35-49-1 in his stint with the Redskins and never won more than 9 games in a season and the Redskins routinely got worse. He went from 9 wins to 8, to 7, to 7 and then 0-5 before he was fired in 2019.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Not even close. Jim Harbaugh posted a 44-19-1 record in San Francisco. Rex Ryan posted a 61-66 record in his stops with the Jets and 49ers. Harbaugh was a hard *** that won football games. Ryan won games early in his go with the Jets but his style wore itself out early. He was 20-12 in his first 2 years. After that he went 41-54. They're not even remotely the same personality styles either.

I'm not really comparing them as coaches, I just feel the same way about him coming here that I did about the possibility of Rex Ryan coming in for the interview in 2015. I just didn't feel like he was the coach to get us over the hump either.

53 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Andy tree is better than Belichick and Pete Carroll's tree at this point

You are hiring the person first... I could care less about what coaching tree they come from.  There are more bad hires coming from these "trees" than successes.  You have to evaluate the coach as an individual first and foremost.

More importantly, we need to find a General Manager and Head Coach combo who are on the same page with understanding the type of talents the players need to possess to be successful in the systems that will be run.  We appear to be a long way from that at the moment, on the defensive side of the ball anyway.

Edited by FloweryStump
1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly. When the Saints went out and hired Sean Payton from the Cowboys they were getting the offensive mind behind the Cowboys success under Bill Parcells. If you hire Eric Bienemy you're not getting the offensive mind behind the Chiefs success. If we hire a coordinator we need to hire someone who is the mind behind the success. I don't trust Blank to be capable of doing that because he always falls for the great sales pitch that lacks substance.

I’m with this line of thinking in the FO aswell.

We’ve gone as far as we can with TD also.

We’ve lost our way as a franchise again maybe we have to much star power and not enough workers guys who just want to roll there sleeves up every week.

People always talk the Patriots but there success is dictated by coaching and guys who do there job.They never have star studded rosters but they do have very good coaches and as above guys who do the bread and butter roles well.

44 minutes ago, newa6eoutlw said:

How about Mike McDaniel?

I would go this route. Yes he's unproven as a head coach, heck he's unproven as an OC, but we need a consistent identity on offense and the only way to do that is have an offensive minded head coach. McDaniel as HC and Mike LeFleur at OC know the Kyle Shanahan offense, an offense we are still allegedly running, as well as anyone not named Shanahan. Pair them with someone like Morris at DC, a former HC, and give him complete autonomy on that side of the ball.

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea it just depends. Mike Smith was actually a phenomenal hire. And he used a firm for Quinn. Smitty ended up being a pretty good coach. But Quinn has actually been pretty bad his whole tenure and just got very lucky with the Shanahan fire in 16

Hiring Firms - hire good Interviewers.

What if you interview a non-talkative guy who failed before like.. 

Bill Bellichick?  

This is not a corporation

38 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

So that means they were something without Mahomes. You said they would be absolutely nothing without him

I meant that Mahomes makes them a totally different animal. If they still had Alex Smith they would still be a good team but they'd be the same 1-and-done play off team they we're under Smith. Mahomes gives them a totally different dimension that few players can.

Don't come at me for absolutely no reason. You know me better than that.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I meant that Mahomes makes them a totally different animal. If they still had Alex Smith they would still be a good team but they'd be the same 1-and-done play off team they we're under Smith. Mahomes gives them a totally different dimension that few players can.

Don't come at me for absolutely no reason. You know me better than that.

Like Max Kellerman likes to say,Mahomes might be the greatest QB ever. He is a once in a generation type of player. So he takes them to heights that only a couple of players could. But Bienemy definitely should get some credit for the development of that offense 

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

And hope he's not the next in a long line of college to NFL flops. I'm open to the idea because he's a great offensive mind and it would be incredible to see someone get the most out of this talent. But his lack of NFL experience concerns me.

Yeah that’s the risk. We could always hire retreads but I’m not really for that. Long as he hire good assistants I think he will be ok. Falcons keep getting out coached and I don’t think we would have that problem with Riley

4 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Yeah that’s the risk. We could always hire retreads but I’m not really for that. Long as he hire good assistants I think he will be ok. Falcons keep getting out coached and I don’t think we would have that problem with Riley

The only "retread" I even want to consider is Jim Harbaugh and it's because he's a proven NFL winner. All the rest of the retreads you could hire are proven NFL failures. Harbaugh is also the total opposite of rah rah and I'm more than fed up with rah rah types. Blank loves the guys that are great salesmen but when the going gets tough they can't rah rah the ship and turn things around. It's why we always have bad winning and losing streaks under Quinn. Had the same problem with Mora. Just sick of that buddy buddy players coach crap. Get me someone who's not afraid to chew out Matt Ryan's *** when he deserves it or any other player. Enough with the soft mentality. We need a hard ***. Falcons have been soft far too long.

6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The only "retread" I even want to consider is Jim Harbaugh and it's because he's a proven NFL winner. All the rest of the retreads you could hire are proven NFL failures. Harbaugh is also the total opposite of rah rah and I'm more than fed up with rah rah types. Blank loves the guys that are great salesmen but when the going gets tough they can't rah rah the ship and turn things around. It's why we always have bad winning and losing streaks under Quinn. Had the same problem with Mora. Just sick of that buddy buddy players coach crap. Get me someone who's not afraid to chew out Matt Ryan's *** when he deserves it or any other player. Enough with the soft mentality. We need a hard ***. Falcons have been soft far too long.

Now Harbaugh wouldn’t be bad at all if we could lure him from Michigan. And I agree we need a hard nose type of coach that takes no BS. 

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Do not want. Tired of the Falcons hiring unproven coordinators that made their names riding the coattails of great head coaches. Look at Matt Nagy with the Bears. He was supposed to be great too. But we see how that's working out in Chicago. Falcons need a proven NFL head coach. Jim Harbaugh is the only proven NFL head coach available.

You cant blame Nagy look at his QB i bet if naggy had Matt he would be doing work right now. I would take Nagy over Koetter and Quinn any day of the week