Why are we wasting our HOF QB years like the Dolphins wasted Marino's years?

WhenFalconsWin

8 minutes ago, FloweryStump said:

So using your argument, Belichick must have had a bad scheme against Seattle tonight?  He got outcoached?

The Patriots give up 23 points per game.  The Falcons 39 points per game.  Not sure what your point is but it kinda proves my point.  They have nothing on defense and are way out performing the more talented Falcon defense this year.

Edited by peoriabird

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

You are pumping up the Panthers defense like they're SO MUCH BETTER than the Falcons when that's not true. Both the Falcons and Panthers defense is garbage. You're really gonna nitpick this?

No one is pumping the Panthers but the fact is that the Falcons are giving up 39 ppg while the Panthers are giving up 32 ppg with much less talent.  A touchdown difference is significant don't you think?

Just now, peoriabird said:

The Patriots give up 23 points per game.  The Falcons 39 point per game.  Not sure what your point is but it kinda proves my point.  They have nothing on defense and are way out performing the more talented Falcon defense this year.

Its proves my point, not yours.  The Pats played a bad Miami team in the first game, hence their good stats.  And Pats have the most talented secondary in the NFL.  What are you even talking about?

I am saying the Pats defense will be worse than last season, not worse than our team.  They have WAY more talent on their defense than we do.  Our secondary is HORRIBLE, theirs is exceptional.  I have no idea what you are even arguing...

1 minute ago, FloweryStump said:

Its proves my point, not yours.  The Pats played a bad Miami team in the first game, hence their good stats. 

That bad Miami team almost beat the Bills this weekend. Scored 28 points against one of the best defenses in the league.  The Patriots held them to 11.

3 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

No one is pumping the Panthers but the fact is that the Falcons are giving up 39 ppg while the Panthers are giving up 32 ppg with much less talent.  A touchdown difference is significant don't you think?

Not when we're talking about 30 plus points per game? No, a touchdown difference doesn't mean jack when the total is over 30 points per game. That's like bragging about being the tallest midget in room full of midgets.

6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Not when we're talking about 30 plus points per game? No, a touchdown difference doesn't mean jack when the total is over 30 points per game. That's like bragging about being the tallest midget in room full of midgets.

This is a pretty simple concept.  The Falcons are historically bad.  The Panthers are bad but not historically bad.  They are at least competitive and if their offense averaged 32 points per game like ours, they would be at least 1-1 possible 2-0

Edited by peoriabird

8 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

Like who is so exceptional on their defense?  How many probowlers are playing on that defense currently?

Stephon Gilmore is better than anyone we have on our entire defense.  The McCourty brothers are both exceptional players... better and more productive than our "Pro Bowler" Neal.  Not even debatable.  You know how many Pro Bowlers we will have on defense this year?  ZERO.  Because our overall talent level is terrible.

The Pats have lost some talent compared to last year, and will drop accordingly.  But they are still WAY more talented than us, particularly in the secondary.

Edited by FloweryStump

4 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

This is a pretty simple concept.  The Falcons are historically bad.  The Panthers are bad but not historically bad.  They are at least competitive and it their offense averaged 32 points per game like ours, they would be at least 1-1 possible 2-0

Dude... I really have no idea what you are trying to argue.  What is your point?

3 minutes ago, FloweryStump said:

Stephon Gilmore is better than anyone we have on our entire defense.  The McCourty brothers are both exceptional players... better and more productive than our "Pro Bowler" Neal.  Not even debatable.

The McCourtys are 33 years old and haven't sniffed the probowl in 4 years.  I'll give you Gilmore but don't we have Debo and Grady?

ABF thread? Kidding. Yeah. It sucks for sure. It’s hurtful actually as a fan. This organization is crap. Not to say that Blank is...that would be unfair, untrue, and a lie but the men that are truly running this regime...absolute garbage. This team has no identity, just slogans and platitudes. The more things change the more they stay the same. Fire Quinn and Dimitroff. Ryan’s career is going to end up like Philip Rivers. Stats may be better. Just stats though. 

10 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

The McCourtys are 33 years old and haven't sniffed the probowl in 4 years.  I'll give you Gilmore but don't we have Debo and Grady?

D. McCourty sniffed the end zone with a 43 yard INT today.  What is your fixation with Pro Bowls?  Do you think the number of Pro Bowlers determines the talent level of the entire unit?  C'mon dude... you have to be smarter than that.  Debo has been to the Pro Bowl once... 3 years ago.  I like Grady... but the overall talent level is WEAK on D.  Our secondary is ATROCIOUS.

Edited by FloweryStump

22 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

Again the same players played differently in the 1st 3 quarters.  Why do you refuse to acknowledge that simple fact?

Because it is a simple-minded fact.  It happened in ONE game.  You act like we collapse in the 4th quarter each week.  And if we did, I would first suggest it is conditioning.  You have not presented one tactical aspect of the game that you think we changed that would demonstrate it was coaching.  You just say "soft" coverage.  What would you have done differently?  Zone blitz more?  Cover One with a hole player?  Disguise our coverage as a 2 and roll it down into a 3?  What would you have done differently?  Or do you even understand what I just said?

Edited by FloweryStump

7 minutes ago, FloweryStump said:

Because it is a simple-minded fact.  It happened in ONE game.  You act like we collapse in the 4th quarter each week.  And if we did, I would suggest it is conditioning.  You have not presented one tactical aspect of the game that you think we changed that would demonstrate it was coaching.  You just say "soft" coverage.  What would have done differently?  Zone blitz more?  Cover One with a hole player?  Disguise our coverage as a 2 and roll it down into a 3?  What would you have done differently?  Or do you even understand what I just said?

Get in to coaching. Change the narrative. I support you.  Go all the way. Go for it.  I support you.