Why are we wasting our HOF QB years like the Dolphins wasted Marino's years?

WhenFalconsWin

33 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We have seen the Template, no defense, teams could score but couldn't stop anyone. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on HCing, staff, FO, and Artie. 

Discuss. 

Many will say that you have it backwards. Ryan is wasting the careers of hof players like Rico and Kazee and DQ's hof bid! Lol!

42 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We have seen the Template, no defense, teams could score but couldn't stop anyone. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on HCing, staff, FO, and Artie. 

Discuss. 

I just posted this on another thread but it might be more pertinent on this one:

Koetter is NOT the problem.  We have one of the most explosive offenses in the League!  39 points and no turnovers today?  C'mon dude...

The problem is DEFENSE!  And I am not a fan of Quinn or the DC... but the problem is MUCH DEEPER than that.  Dimitroff is the problem.

In 13 years under Dimitroff's leadership, our defense has ranked in the Top 10 only ONCE (#9 in 2017).  Additionally, we have only been in the top HALF of the League 3 times in the last 13 seasons.  That is with two defensive-minded head coaches who got the job here by displaying that they KNOW how to coach defense and put together Top 5 (#1 for Quinn) units on their previous stops.  The problem is PERSONNEL.  Dimitroff has not provided the tools for that side of the ball.  The philosophy needs to change if we want the results to change. 

New blood is needed at the top.  Its time to move on from TD.

Arthur has created a culture of mediocrity by keeping people who don't perform. He kept McKay and made him president when he should have been let go. He held onto Dimitroff after he fired Smitty. He even took power away from him when he hired Quinn. Look at last season. Vic Beasley got $13 million and he didn't deserve a penny of it. Quinn was given one more season after all the garbage that we saw. He hires head coaches who are nice guys. The players all love them. But do the players respect their coach? 

11 minutes ago, wnyfalconfan said:

He held onto Dimitroff after he fired Smitty.

Even you have to admit that Dimitroff has picked up some pretty darn good players.  There should be no complaints about the offensive player he has drafted and picked up and even some defensive players have shown out.  AJ Terrell looks like he will be pretty good.  Oluakon was playing well before he got injured and so was McKinley.  We all know about Grady and Debo as well as Neal before his injuries.  You can't make the claim that TD hasn't brought a lot of talent to this team during his time here.

3 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

Even you have to admit that Dimitroff has picked up some pretty darn good players.  There should be no complaints about the offensive player he has drafted and picked up and even some defensive players have shown out.  AJ Terrell looks like he will be pretty good.  Oluakon was playing well before he got injured and so was McKinley.  We all know about Grady and Debo as well as Neal before his injuries.  You can't make the claim that TD hasn't brought a lot of talent to this team during his time here.

I disagree.  Sure he has brought in a couple of good individual players on defense here and there.  But not enough to build a quality unit.  And that is what his job is... to build a TEAM, and that is necessary on both sides of the ball.

2 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

I absolutely agree that he has brought in some good players. But you have to admit, he has also had some very questionable off-seasons. What I was trying to say was its unusual to keep a GM after you fire the coach he hires. Its usually a new GM with a new coach. I should have put that into my original post. My bad. It would have helped make point clearer. 

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Are people too young to remember this?

Honestly I am. I was just getting into football then and used the Dolphins a lot on Tecmo Super Bowl. I do remember some of Marino's last games and I remember that the team had Irving Fryar and Mark Dupre if memory serves correctly. I remember Bryan Cox on their defense. 

Didn't the Bills have their number season after season in the playoffs? 

I don't think the Dolphins had much of a rushing game either did they? I think I remember Bernie Parmalee (irony) on that team correct? 

They made the playoffs more than these Falcons correct?

Edited by ThemDarnFalconsBoy!

14 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

I really wanna come after you, especially knowing you're a GT fan....but the reality is you've won one since we have. Having said that, Athens remains my best hope for a title. And I'm not t shirt fan, class of 2004. 

Good win against FSU.

I have many UGA friends and I respect your team, I really feel Kirby's gonna get one.  I appreciate the fans and REAL alumni that can take the jokes in stride.  

Yeah, I was iffy about Collins when he got hired, but I'm fully bought in now, you can see the improvement in just year two of a complete makeover and Jeff Sims is a QB you can build around.  

10 minutes ago, FloweryStump said:

I disagree.  Sure he has brought in a couple of good individual players on defense here and there.  But not enough to build a quality unit.  And that is what his job is... to build a TEAM, and that is necessary on both sides of the ball.

Right now he has 3 former pro bowlers on his defense.  Debo, Neal, and Grady.  Fowler is playing well, Oluakon is playing well.  Terrell is playing well.  Much of this lack of performance is on the coaching staff and how they scheme differently with a lead.

19 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

I really wanna come after you, especially knowing you're a GT fan....but the reality is you've won one since we have. Having said that, Athens remains my best hope for a title. And I'm not t shirt fan, class of 2004. 

Good win against FSU.

Btw, we're probably around the same age, I got out of Tech in 2005, but I took the six year route 😀

6 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

Right now he has 3 former pro bowlers on his defense.  Debo, Neal, and Grady.  Fowler is playing well, Oluakon is playing well.  Terrell is playing well.  Much of this lack of performance is on the coaching staff and how they scheme differently with a lead.

In 13 years under Dimitroff's leadership, our defense has ranked in the Top 10 only ONCE (#9 in 2017).  Additionally, we have only been in the top HALF of the League 3 times in the last 13 seasons.  That is with two defensive-minded head coaches who got the job here by displaying that they KNOW how to coach defense and put together Top 5 (#1 for Quinn) units on their previous stops. 

The problem is PERSONNEL.  Its not scheme.  Do you think DQ just forgot everything he knew when he coached the #1 ranked defense in the League in Seattle?

Edited by FloweryStump

1 hour ago, FloweryStump said:

I just posted this on another thread but it might be more pertinent on this one:

Koetter is NOT the problem.  We have one of the most explosive offenses in the League!  39 points and no turnovers today?  C'mon dude...

The problem is DEFENSE!  And I am not a fan of Quinn or the DC... but the problem is MUCH DEEPER than that.  Dimitroff is the problem.

In 13 years under Dimitroff's leadership, our defense has ranked in the Top 10 only ONCE (#9 in 2017).  Additionally, we have only been in the top HALF of the League 3 times in the last 13 seasons.  That is with two defensive-minded head coaches who got the job here by displaying that they KNOW how to coach defense and put together Top 5 (#1 for Quinn) units on their previous stops.  The problem is PERSONNEL.  Dimitroff has not provided the tools for that side of the ball.  The philosophy needs to change if we want the results to change. 

New blood is needed at the top.  Its time to move on from TD.

I logged in for the first time in who knows when to respond to this post, because it’s absolutely right.

This entire team is built for one purpose: to be flashy on offense, even as they continually play subpar football. Get the rubes in the tent. Paying Julio that absurd contract rather than dealing him to build this defense was proof positive. 

You mentionEd 2017, when we played a comparatively boring brand of football, we also had a stout defense. What happened? TD dismantled it. Go back to the post 2012 offseason. Same thing. 

Blank and his entire business model is PT Barnum, and we are the suckers born every minute. 

7 minutes ago, EddieK said:

Btw, we're probably around the same age, I got out of Tech in 2005, but I took the six year route 😀

Honestly with a Tech education, you're probably my boss in any other field than the one I'm in. 

I mostly like you guys, it's only Gainesville Florida that I'd burn to ground while roasting marshmallows and singing kumbaya. 

I dont really care for Auburn either.