• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally don't think we need to tank. If we keep playing like we have, Trevor or the number 1 pick will be ours anyway.

Yeah, I don't care what you think of me and I love Matt, I'm just a realist. We would be set for another decade plus at the QB position. Also it's time for Quinn to go, how can you be a defensive mind

No thanks. Lawrence is overrated 

5 hours ago, thanat0s said:

Let me say first that [s]Matt[/s] Julio is the absolute greatest player in team history, and it’s not even close.  He’s my favorite player as well, which is saying a ton since I go back to 1975 with this team.

Fixed it for you, and yes you grab Trevor and develop him because of his ability and arm talent. Ryan cant close out close games and that has been part of our problem outside of defensive incompetence. 

1 hour ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Bill first stint in Cleveland <> McDaniels in Denver

The only reason BB was fired is because Modell moved the team to Balt...

Well BB’s first stint was definitely a bit better overall. He had a .450 winning percent vs Josh McDs .390... That said, he finished 5-11 his last season, so not sure if it was just the move that got him canned. I do remember reading there being more to it than wins and losses though. Just seems like destiny’s for the Browns lol.

my point was never that JM is on the same level as BB, but that it could be a mistake to assume his brief DEN stint is his ceiling. He was very young there (33 I think) and def had some maturing to do.

1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

No you are being absurd. I am just realistic, had a chance to close yesterday and in the SB and we are stuck blaming the defense because he cant pick up a 1st down when it matters. 

Nah its not realistic.  Defense cant get the job done to help Ryan and the offense out. Defense lost us BOTH games. Ryan and the offense did their jobs. Im sick and tired of this agenda you haters are trying to pull. RYAN NOT THE PROBLEM!!

1 minute ago, ROMERO said:

Nah its not realistic.  Defense cant get the job done to help Ryan and the offense out. Defense lost us BOTH games. Ryan and the offense did their jobs. Im sick and tired of this agenda you haters are trying to pull. RYAN NOT THE PROBLEM!!

He is part of it. I know you can always count on Brady and Mahomes to pick up a 1st down when their defense is failing. 

7 hours ago, tone357 said:

Politics and football! Everyone has an opinion, most don't know what the heck they're talking about! Matt Ryan is not the problem. 39 points will win almost every game on Sundays. We would have had a Super Bowl championship if not for the same dang reason! DEFENSE! We can't stop anybody! As much as I hate today it, I think we know who Dan Quinn is. He's had his shot, time to move on.

Defense held a team to 3 points through 2.89 quarters of football and spotted the offense 7 points. Even early in the 4th, the other team only had 10 points. That is on top of the defense starting 4 rookies and having played enough snaps the equivalent of 6 quarters of football. The offense managed 21 points, 14 of which came in the first half. . . . 7 very early in the third and nothing for the rest of the game. Only 7 points in the second half. That vaunted Ferrari record-setting/record-breaking offense couldn't score for nearly 2 quarters of football.  

8 hours ago, tone357 said:

Politics and football! Everyone has an opinion, most don't know what the heck they're talking about! Matt Ryan is not the problem. 39 points will win almost every game on Sundays. We would have had a Super Bowl championship if not for the same dang reason! DEFENSE! We can't stop anybody! As much as I hate today it, I think we know who Dan Quinn is. He's had his shot, time to move on.

9 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

Matt isn’t going anywhere unless he retires. He’s the best QB we’ve ever had, and we’re lucky to be one of the few teams in the NFL that has had a consistently great QB. Some franchises have a turnstile at the QB position. Once he is gone you guys will see. He won’t be as easy to replace as some of you might think. 

I’m fine with grooming someone behind him, but there’s no way in **** I am getting rid of a HOF QB for an unknown. 

I'm not sure who you two were speaking to.....but...

I am not saying Matt Ryan is the issue, The issue is, that there seems to be a misconception on this board about his age......

The window on Jones and Ryan has closed....Period, You cant  "groom" what you don't draft, and you cant get a franchise QB with the number 15 pick....I take that back, THIS FRONT OFFICE won't find a franchise QB with the number 15 pick

"....getting rid of a HOF QB for an unknown".....WHAT IS KNOWN is that Matt Ryan is 35 years old

I know many of you would love it if Matt Ryan could play for the Falcons Forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever

We can debate on a lot of things, I can establish a lot of things to end a lot of your rebuttals and, you can believe that they are somehow closer to a SuperBowl than everybody with common sense knows, but, fact is

Matt Ryan is not 23 anymore, I know you guys literally love him, but its time to board it up.......The "unknown" is coming rather you want it to or not

9 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

Matt isn’t going anywhere unless he retires. He’s the best QB we’ve ever had, and we’re lucky to be one of the few teams in the NFL that has had a consistently great QB. Some franchises have a turnstile at the QB position. Once he is gone you guys will see. He won’t be as easy to replace as some of you might think. 

I’m fine with grooming someone behind him, but there’s no way in **** I am getting rid of a HOF QB for an unknown. 

A-Town I didn't want to jump on you twice....but the "unknown" comment is whats sticking to me....Ill cut it short

When the Chiefs drafted.......and I know the rebuttal, "Alex Smith is not HOF"

Any rookie QB drafted by any team will be "unknown"....until they are signing 10 year deals and become the future of the NFL, dont fear the "unknown" 

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Whats so good about him that makes him such a can’t miss prospect? I have no idea what makes people say he’s THAT good. I’m just curious. 

Ok....often times you back opinions up with evidence of why you believe what you believe

What game did you watch that made you believe the talent isn't there?

8 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Whats so good about him that makes him such a can’t miss prospect? I have no idea what makes people say he’s THAT good. I’m just curious. 

He is 6’6 230 has mobility,can decipher any coverages, had an NFL in high school. Trevor will be a bonafide stud in the NFL. Trevor checks every single thing a QB needs to be successful. Only thing that will stop him is if he gets injured or drafted by the Browns. He torched a Nick Saban defense in the National Championship game as a true freshman

1 minute ago, the baptist said:

Ok....often times you back opinions up with evidence of why you believe what you believe

What game did you watch that made you believe the talent isn't there?

The LSU game last year. He couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn on several throws. 

He wasn’t super sharp against Ohio State last year either.

And against Alabama, he wasn’t anything super special. Sure he made some nice plays, but go back and watch the tape. He wasn’t out there dropping dimes or anything.

Last year after various times he made some throws that I just didn’t think were that great. 

He made some good throws against the Citdeal though. 2 in particular I saw that were very good. But, it’s the Citadel 

When a guy is being hailed as one of the greatest pro prospects ever, I want to see a little more. Deshaun Watson impressed me a lot more than he did. I’m sorry, but he does not deserve in the same sentence as guys like Peyton or Luck when they came out

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

He is 6’6 230 has mobility,can decipher any coverages, had an NFL in high school. Trevor will be a bonafide stud in the NFL. Trevor checks every single thing a QB needs to be successful. Only thing that will stop him is if he gets injured or drafted by the Browns

I have some issues with his accuracy. I think people way overrate his ability to decipher coverages. He’s made several throws that kind of suck. Watch the LSU game from last year. That was probably the best defense he played all year (maybe Ohio State). 

And size is the single most overrated aspect for a QB IMO. It’s nice to have, but people fall way too in love with size.

I could be wrong, but I’ve never watched him play and thought “yeah... that’s a guy I’ve got to have.”

7 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I have some issues with his accuracy. I think people way overrate his ability to decipher coverages. He’s made several throws that kind of suck. Watch the LSU game from last year. That was probably the best defense he played all year (maybe Ohio State). 

And size is the single most overrated aspect for a QB IMO. It’s nice to have, but people fall way too in love with size.

I could be wrong, but I’ve never watched him play and thought “yeah... that’s a guy I’ve got to have.”

Best defense he faced last year was definitely Ohio State. People don’t overrate his ability to read coverages. He has shown that ability since high school. NFL loves size. That’s a fact. Doesn’t matter if people overrate it or not. The NFL loves it. They will always take the big recruit over the smaller one if the skill level is the same. Exact reason why people in the NFL said Julio is the best receiver when they compared him to others like Antonio Brown over the years. Trevor reminds me so much of Pat Mahomes when he was at Texas Tech except he has more talent around him

5 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Best defense he faced last year was definitely Ohio State. People don’t overrate his ability to read coverages. He has shown that ability since high school. NFL loves size. That’s a fact. Doesn’t matter if people overrate it or not. The NFL loves it. They will always take the big recruit over the smaller one if the skill level is the same. Exact reason why people in the NFL said Julio is the best receiver when they compared him to others like Antonio Brown over the years. Trevor reminds me so much of Pat Mahomes when he was at Texas Tech except he has more talent around him

Fair enough. We'll agree to disagree I guess lol. I've just never seen anything that warrants that much hype. But I guess we will see at some point. 

19 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

You sound spoiled

Just now, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Trevor has been making throws Matt could never even attempt to make

Doing it in the ACC is one thing though. Doing in the NFL is whole different animal. I don't think you are giving Ryan enough credit though. That throw he made to Julio in the Super Bowl was about as good as it gets. Julio gets a lot of credit for it, and rightfully so, but that was also an incredible throw. That's just one example. He's made some very good throws at the NFL level. And I'm sorry, but doing it in the pros will always trump doing it in college. 

Where are these throws though? I saw 2 against the Citadel that were very good, but... look at the competition. To compare a guy that has never played a snap in the NFL to an NFL MVP is insane if you ask me. I've been wrong before, but I still don't understand why part of our fanbase hates Ryan. We don't deserve him 

24 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

27 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

The LSU game last year. He couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn on several throws. 

He wasn’t super sharp against Ohio State last year either.

And against Alabama, he wasn’t anything super special. Sure he made some nice plays, but go back and watch the tape. He wasn’t out there dropping dimes or anything.

Last year after various times he made some throws that I just didn’t think were that great. 

He made some good throws against the Citdeal though. 2 in particular I saw that were very good. But, it’s the Citadel 

When a guy is being hailed as one of the greatest pro prospects ever, I want to see a little more. Deshaun Watson impressed me a lot more than he did. I’m sorry, but he does not deserve in the same sentence as guys like Peyton or Luck when they came out

I concur on those games you mentioned but you must be taking your proclivities into the games where he indeed looks like the next coming...

I watched Matt Ryan in college when the mock drafts were showing he was headed for Atlanta.....Nowhere near the talent level Trevor Lawrence OR Justin Fields have displayed thus far, I mean nowhere near, Leadership maybe, but pure talent?

Does talent always equate to Superbowls? Course not, but neither has the current formula for the Falcons, which includes Matt Ryan

Again Matt Ryan is not the issue, his age is, and the window to WIN is