• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally don't think we need to tank. If we keep playing like we have, Trevor or the number 1 pick will be ours anyway.

Yeah, I don't care what you think of me and I love Matt, I'm just a realist. We would be set for another decade plus at the QB position. Also it's time for Quinn to go, how can you be a defensive mind

No thanks. Lawrence is overrated 

3 hours ago, Shnikies said:

Yeah, I don't care what you think of me and I love Matt, I'm just a realist. We would be set for another decade plus at the QB position. Also it's time for Quinn to go, how can you be a defensive minded head coach and have a dumpster fire defense every year. 

Have at it.

I agree.  Packers used a number 1 pick on QB when they had Rodgers.  They are a better organization than us.   We should do it too.

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Something about Lawrence gives me the next "Great College QB Hype" feeling for some reason.

I love Ryan and Co.

But if we, the Falcons, as a whole; want whatever is the best for the team, in terms of look at the big picture desire for success, then in my opinion we should, and I hate to say this; tank for Trevor. And I dislike saying that extremely.

22 minutes ago, GeniusWizard111 said:

I love Ryan and Co.

But if we, the Falcons, as a whole; want whatever is the best for the team, in terms of look at the big picture desire for success, then in my opinion we should, and I hate to say this; tank for Trevor. And I dislike saying that extremely.

I meant that I don't believe that Trevor Lawrence is that next great QB that many think.

11 hours ago, blutarski said:

NFL players and coaches do not "tank"...can we stop with this rhetoric.  Too many players striving to be on a team next year, and bad individual tape isn't going to bring another contract.  We have a finite number of players on our roster, we can't sit the starters and put in the "rookies".....  Especially when we are committed to Matt Ryan for at least another 2 years passed 2020.  OH, BTW, he is still playing at an extremely high level.

I agree with your first point but it gets convoluted when you speak about "commitment" to Matt Ryan. 

This teams "commitment" to Matt Ryan is a separated from "tanking". 

First anytime a team starts losing or is consistently falling short of winning goals, "committed" is in the wind. Especially with teams that expect more. Which may be the issue with Arthur Blank.

Second, the fact that he is still playing well, will bode well for a rebuild/TRADE. His performance is not a reassurance that we have the quarterback of the future.

I am a fan of tanking, when the reality is obscurity. 

A rebuild is coming, and two special talents at QB will be available this year, Slovis and Rattler will follow. Its time to board it up.....