Front office is at fault, check this stat

8 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

You’re fooling yourself if you think the MLS is anything near a competitive league in the world! 

And since you want to ignore it, I was saying that Blank won a championship that no one was taking serious and still aren’t. As it is at best four most important league in the country and won’t even mention the world, as you confirmed yourself.

Thanks from proving my f’cking point! 

Soccer in general is bigger than the NFL globally, and the MLS is rising in support because of that. For a league that just started in 1996, it seems to be well known globally. Just because Americans don't take soccer seriously, doesn't mean the world doesn't.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out the Falcons HC list from 2004 to present day. With the exception of DQ, NONE of these coaches are in the NFL within any capacity. That says it all that this front-office is CLUELESS when it

It's why I'm ready for a new owner. Football just isn't AB’s thing. 

Meh, I appreciate Blank going out and hiring firms to find a worthy HC. Not many will do that, and rely solely on a VP or GM to find the right guy. Blank isn't the issue. If we simply kick the FG in 5

30 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Correct. I mentioned him and 2 other coaches that were successful retreads. Oddly enough Carroll was the HC for NE before BB came in, and Reid probably should've never left Philly.

Gotcha.  I missed that the first time I read it.  I hear what you're saying.

I'm not a fan of picking the new, hot coordinator to be a head coach unless you're you are also hiring them to call plays.  Its a completely different set of skills being a head coach versus merely a play-calling coordinator.  You see the Peter Principle at work consistently in the NFL.  That is why I would not be a fan of us hiring Bienemy, for two reasons: 1) Bienemy's success is much more likely to be attributed to having Mahomes than vice versa; and 2) I have seen his interviews and communication skills.  To say they are lacking would be an understatement. 

Go get a guy with some experience. Maybe Anthony Lynn with the Chargers would be available?  Jack Del Rio with Washington?  I know many people will disagree with me, but I would want someone with actual experience in the job they are being hired for.

Edited by FloweryStump
30 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I mean.. the mls team won a championship and went back the following year.. they lost a top 5 mls player this year. I wouldnt worry about the soccer team lol they can actually win games. 

They are not proving you correct in losing to expansion teams.

Actually, who can you honestly say they would beat right now? Who are they clearly better than!? 

11 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

They are not proving you correct in losing to expansion teams.

Actually, who can you honestly say they would beat right now? Who are they clearly better than!? 

They are going to struggle this year without a player who has 90+ goals over the last 3 years. Guzan is to old as well. But that team proved they could win and dominated their championship season. That would be like the 2013 season when we lost julio and roddy was dinged up so we played the year with no names.. blank has done fine with letting people handle the soccer team. Hes not the issue lol his football friendships though are. 

3 hours ago, matty72780 said:

Check out the Falcons HC list from 2004 to present day. With the exception of DQ, NONE of these coaches are in the NFL within any capacity. That says it all that this front-office is CLUELESS when it comes to hiring someone to run this team. The NFL seems to be a game of musical chairs, one coach gets fired, another team hires that coach to coach their team, NOPE, not the Falcons. Not one of these names is still in the NFL and none of them ever got a HC position in the NFL again (including Quinn once Blank fires him).

Jim Mora

Bobby Petrino

Emmitt Thomas 

Mike Smith

Dan Quinn 

It’s so sad to watch this Julio/Ryan window close with no Lombardi to support how dynamic they’ve been. Now we’re going to have to hire a new coach, then it’ll take a couple years to get acclimated, then Matt Ryan and Julio Jones will be in the twilight of their careers and won’t be able to produce. Just a never ending circle of disaster in Atlanta - Blank sure knows how to sell hammers at Home Depot but is worthless when it comes to building a capable coaching tree. 

Can’t wait to see all the meaningless games we will win and totally demolish our draft position, just like we have the last 2 years. 

Arthur, where’s the accountability?  

Trail of tears

8 hours ago, FloweryStump said:

Gotcha.  I missed that the first time I read it.  I hear what you're saying.

I'm not a fan of picking the new, hot coordinator to be a head coach unless you're you are also hiring them to call plays.  Its a completely different set of skills being a head coach versus merely a play-calling coordinator.  You see the Peter Principle at work consistently in the NFL.  That is why I would not be a fan of us hiring Bienemy, for two reasons: a) Bienemy's success is much more likely to be attributed to having Mahomes than vice versa; and 2) I have seen his interviews and communication skills.  To say they are lacking would be an understatement. 

Go get a guy with some experience. Maybe Anthony Lynn with the Chargers would be available?  Jack Del Rio with Washington?  I know many people will disagree with me, but I would want someone with actual experience in the job they are being hired for.

Chargers aren't letting go of Lynn. After having early success with him, and now getting him a young, talented QB, they're likely locked in a few years.

Not many candidates out there with HC experience that are worthwhile. Harbaugh and Bowles are about the only one's worth taking a stab at. That's who I would want anyway. Maybe Dennis Allen.

If we're looking outside of prior HC's, I would follow in the footsteps of Baltimore and go with a guy like Dave Toub. Speaking of Baltimore, Don Martindale is a guy I think would be worthwhile. Robert Saleh as well. I'm intrigued with Kellen Moore. Mcdaniel/Lafluer too.

16 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Chargers aren't letting go of Lynn. After having early success with him, and now getting him a young, talented QB, they're likely locked in a few years.

Not many candidates out there with HC experience that are worthwhile. Harbaugh and Bowles are about the only one's worth taking a stab at. That's who I would want anyway. Maybe Dennis Allen.

If we're looking outside of prior HC's, I would follow in the footsteps of Baltimore and go with a guy like Dave Toub. Speaking of Baltimore, Don Martindale is a guy I think would be worthwhile. Robert Saleh as well. I'm intrigued with Kellen Moore. Mcdaniel/Lafluer too.

I like those picks.  It just drives me crazy that just because a guy coaches Patrick Mahomes they think he is the answer as a head coach.  I have heard from some connected people in the coaching community that Bienemy was passed over these last 2 seasons because his interviews were so embarassingly bad that even the owners saw he would be in over his head.

Look at Adam Gase.  He coached Peyton Manning, got a reputation as a "QB whisperer" and has had two terrible stints as a Head Coach who can't get his offense ranked higher than #30 in the last 4 seasons.  His first season with Tannehill in Miami was mediocre, then it has been terrible since.  Meanwhile, Tannehill went on to his best season ever, far away from Gase with the Titans last season.

I'm just saying that being a coordinator and being a head coach are not nearly the same job responsibilities and require a completely different set of skills.

It’s becoming more and more obvious. This starts at the top - and that’s Arthur Blank. HE has created this culture of mediocrity - which he likes to phrase as “continuity”. Well we continue to set records for losing in the most embarrassing ways. Can’t finish.  Do us all a favor and sell the team to an owner who actually holds people accountable.  

4 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yeah, since the other owners care like they do in the NFL. 

NO way are you comparing the competitiveness of a league that is at best third best in the world to the NFL

Not hating on their league, but 3rd best in the world is real generous.  England, Italy, Germany, France, and Spain are better at the very least.  I agree that the other owners definitely don't spend or care as much as Blank, especially not Kraft with all his Superbowl hardware but no titles for the Revs, so it was easy for Blank to spend big and get a title early in a lesser league (Chicago won in their first year).  I bet he'd still take a Superbowl win over a trophy in this soccer league though.

Edited by supercollider
6 hours ago, matty72780 said:

Check out the Falcons HC list from 2004 to present day. With the exception of DQ, NONE of these coaches are in the NFL within any capacity. That says it all that this front-office is CLUELESS when it comes to hiring someone to run this team. The NFL seems to be a game of musical chairs, one coach gets fired, another team hires that coach to coach their team, NOPE, not the Falcons. Not one of these names is still in the NFL and none of them ever got a HC position in the NFL again (including Quinn once Blank fires him).

Jim Mora

Bobby Petrino

Emmitt Thomas 

Mike Smith

Dan Quinn 

It’s so sad to watch this Julio/Ryan window close with no Lombardi to support how dynamic they’ve been. Now we’re going to have to hire a new coach, then it’ll take a couple years to get acclimated, then Matt Ryan and Julio Jones will be in the twilight of their careers and won’t be able to produce. Just a never ending circle of disaster in Atlanta - Blank sure knows how to sell hammers at Home Depot but is worthless when it comes to building a capable coaching tree. 

Can’t wait to see all the meaningless games we will win and totally demolish our draft position, just like we have the last 2 years. 

Arthur, where’s the accountability?  

Arthur Blank hired all these guys!! He's the common denominator. Blank is a ******* idiot. Plain and simple dumb***.

2 hours ago, supercollider said:

Not hating on their league, but 3rd best in the world is real generous.  England, Italy, Germany, France, and Spain are better at the very least.  I agree that the other owners definitely don't spend or care as much as Blank, especially not Kraft with all his Superbowl hardware but no titles for the Revs, so it was easy for Blank to spend big and get a title early in a lesser league (Chicago won in their first year).  I bet he'd still take a Superbowl win over a trophy in this soccer league though.

I think the drinking to deal with this team today made me more generous than I should have been. Lol

But you are absolutely correct! We are at best a double A league to ALL of the ones you mentioned above.

10 hours ago, matty72780 said:

It starts at the top and whatever those “firms” are to help find a head coach need to give AB his money back because not any of the 31 additional NFL football teams hired any of our past HC’s. So you appreciating the fact AB hires coaches that amount to nothing in the NFL might be dumber than us not jumping on the onside kick today. 

SEA hired Mora.

10 hours ago, sdogg said:

It's why I'm ready for a new owner. Football just isn't AB’s thing. 

You just took the words out of my mouth. This old geezer has been sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for far too long. He clearly knows nothing about Football. We need a new owner and a new head coach if we ever want to have a chance of winning a Superbowl. Dan Quin is a terrible DC and an even worse Head Coach. I'll be giving up on my Falcons until these two are gone.

11 hours ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Meh, I appreciate Blank going out and hiring firms to find a worthy HC. Not many will do that, and rely solely on a VP or GM to find the right guy. Blank isn't the issue. If we simply kick the FG in 51, Blanks investment would have already paid off in the first 2 years. Unfortunately, DQ hasn't found a way to get back to the promise land to redeem himself.

Yeah he is, he prefers a clean shaved sweet talking junk yard coach over experienced good nfl coaches, or college coaches.