Front office is at fault, check this stat

Check out the Falcons HC list from 2004 to present day. With the exception of DQ, NONE of these coaches are in the NFL within any capacity. That says it all that this front-office is CLUELESS when it comes to hiring someone to run this team. The NFL seems to be a game of musical chairs, one coach gets fired, another team hires that coach to coach their team, NOPE, not the Falcons. Not one of these names is still in the NFL and none of them ever got a HC position in the NFL again (including Quinn once Blank fires him).

Jim Mora

Bobby Petrino

Emmitt Thomas 

Mike Smith

Dan Quinn 

It’s so sad to watch this Julio/Ryan window close with no Lombardi to support how dynamic they’ve been. Now we’re going to have to hire a new coach, then it’ll take a couple years to get acclimated, then Matt Ryan and Julio Jones will be in the twilight of their careers and won’t be able to produce. Just a never ending circle of disaster in Atlanta - Blank sure knows how to sell hammers at Home Depot but is worthless when it comes to building a capable coaching tree. 

Can’t wait to see all the meaningless games we will win and totally demolish our draft position, just like we have the last 2 years. 

Arthur, where’s the accountability?  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out the Falcons HC list from 2004 to present day. With the exception of DQ, NONE of these coaches are in the NFL within any capacity. That says it all that this front-office is CLUELESS when it

It's why I'm ready for a new owner. Football just isn't AB’s thing. 

Meh, I appreciate Blank going out and hiring firms to find a worthy HC. Not many will do that, and rely solely on a VP or GM to find the right guy. Blank isn't the issue. If we simply kick the FG in 5

Meh, I appreciate Blank going out and hiring firms to find a worthy HC. Not many will do that, and rely solely on a VP or GM to find the right guy. Blank isn't the issue. If we simply kick the FG in 51, Blanks investment would have already paid off in the first 2 years. Unfortunately, DQ hasn't found a way to get back to the promise land to redeem himself.

3 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Meh, I appreciate Blank going out and hiring firms to find a worthy HC. Not many will do that, and rely solely on a VP or GM to find the right guy. Blank isn't the issue. If we simply kick the FG in 51, Blanks investment would have already paid off in the first 2 years. Unfortunately, DQ hasn't found a way to get back to the promise land to redeem himself.

It starts at the top and whatever those “firms” are to help find a head coach need to give AB his money back because not any of the 31 additional NFL football teams hired any of our past HC’s. So you appreciating the fact AB hires coaches that amount to nothing in the NFL might be dumber than us not jumping on the onside kick today. 

8 hours ago, matty72780 said:

It starts at the top and whatever those “firms” are to help find a head coach need to give AB his money back because not any of the 31 additional NFL football teams hired any of our past HC’s. So you appreciating the fact AB hires coaches that amount to nothing in the NFL might be dumber than us not jumping on the onside kick today. 

This has got to be a joke right?! Mike Smith retired from coaching after getting a job in Tampa and being there for a few years. Petrino ran back to the college ranks without even allowing the season to end, nor look for another gig in the NFL and so did Mora. Some coaches would rather stay at the college ranks where it's much safer to be at. Why do you think David shaw, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, and so many others aren't jumping to the NFL? Everybody wants Lincoln Riley, but you didn't see him jump at an opportunity the last few years. 

Josh McDaniels has been a HC, and also backed out of being a HC again. Being a HC is rigorous, and not everyone is suited for it. You know how many FOTM coordinators have taken a job, and not cut it?! Too many to count. Most end up back as a coordinator, and never try to be a HC again. Just because no other team decides to go after a former HC, doesn't mean the prior team is poorly managed by the owner.

5 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

This has got to be a joke right?! Mike Smith retired from coaching after getting a job in Tampa and being there for a few years. Petrino ran back to the college ranks without even allowing the season to end, nor look for another gig in the NFL and so did Mora. Some coaches would rather stay at the college ranks where it's much safer to be at. Why do you think David shaw, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, and so many others aren't jumping to the NFL? Everybody wants Lincoln Riley, but you didn't see him jump at an opportunity the last few years. 

Josh McDaniels has been a HC, and also backed out of being a HC again. Being a HC is rigorous, and not everyone is suited for it. You know how many FOTM coordinators have taken a job, and not cut it?! Too many to count. Most end up back as a coordinator, and never try to be a HC again. Just because no other team decides to go after a former HC, doesn't mean the prior team is poorly managed by the owner.

Hey man, how dare you bring logic into the whining?

5 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

The same soccer team that won a championship in it's 2nd season since they debuted?! United lost their best player, who is one of the best players in the league, to injuries this year. 

Yeah, since the other owners care like they do in the NFL. 

NO way are you comparing the competitiveness of a league that is at best third best in the world to the NFL

35 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

You proved my point for me. Arthur Blank doesn’t hire proven winners and/or coaches in the NFL, which is also why NONE of our past HC’s have any affiliation with an NFL team now. Wow, Mike Smith got a demotion, that’s still proves my point he was never an NFL caliber HC. The point I’m making is that hiring a solid NFL head coach with a proven record of success puts us in a position to not having to worry about a coach running back to college because “it’s easier”. You clearly missed the entire point of the post.

8 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yeah, since the other owners care like they do in the NFL. 

NO way are you comparing the competitiveness of a league that is at best third best in the world to the NFL

You're fooling yourself if you think the NFL is the most competitive league in the world, but even then, what does that have to do United winning a major sports championship?

22 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

You're fooling yourself if you think the NFL is the most competitive league in the world, but even then, what does that have to do United winning a major sports championship?

You’re fooling yourself if you think the MLS is anything near a competitive league in the world! 

And since you want to ignore it, I was saying that Blank won a championship that no one was taking serious and still aren’t. As it is at best four most important league in the country and won’t even mention the world, as you confirmed yourself.

Thanks from proving my f’cking point! 

30 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

You proved my point for me. Arthur Blank doesn’t hire proven winners and/or coaches in the NFL, which is also why NONE of our past HC’s have any affiliation with an NFL team now. Wow, Mike Smith got a demotion, that’s still proves my point he was never an NFL caliber HC. The point I’m making is that hiring a solid NFL head coach with a proven record of success puts us in a position to not having to worry about a coach running back to college because “it’s easier”. You clearly missed the entire point of the post.

He is really good at proven our points. 

That’s his super power! :lol:

1 hour ago, Herr Beast said:

AB is way too worried to always keep „Good Company“. He values personal relations over winning. He does not seem to understand that the fans only care about winning.

Give me ******** and bad company because that's usually what the winner are. F*** friendship and relations ships I need a SB before I'm on a cold slab bishes. 

8 hours ago, matty72780 said:

Sounds more like you're trying to flip what I said and push your agenda. How many former HC's are successful retreads?! Right now, only about 7 HC's are retreads and that number includes Adam Gase. The others are Reid, BB, Pete Carroll, John Gruden, McCarthy and Rivera. Not to mention most on that list were young enough to consider being a HC again at the time when they did. Of those 7, only 3 have won a SB since joining their 2nd team. Reid just did it last year after being in KC for 7 years.

Again, so many FOTM coordinators get jobs as HC, and end up right back as coordinators. TATF wants Kubiak as HC, but he's not even interested in being a HC. Some people just choose to not deal with being a HC and prefer being a coordinator. Mike Smith did so, and then decided he no longer wanted to coach at all.  The college coaches simply go back to college as a HC. Jim Harbaugh would rather coach Michigan than coach in the NFL right now.

Finding a HC is a lot harder than what you make it to be. Right now Eric Bieniemy is the hot name circulating. What happens if we hire him, and he flops harder than Quinn has?! Is that going to be Blanks fault?!