Quinn doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach

g-dawg

Quinn just doesn't have "IT".

He's probably a great coordinator and was at Seattle and UF, etc. - but he was meant to be a 2nd banana - he cannot be "the guy".    It's a fine line a head coach must walk in his relationship w/ players but Quinn doesn't walk it - he's just way too nice.   I'm sorry, he's gotta go.   Quinn's not the only problem but he's a big part of it.   This franchise has no edge to them at all - they don't hate to lose enough.

he just doesnt have the eye for the small details. hes good at drafting but talent will only get you so far. without good coaching this team will never win a suerbowl and dan quin isnt a good head coach. 49ers lost there best players uncluding their qb and still went on to dominate.

Edited by dapanch420

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Falcons last two coach hires were defensive coordinators and Falcons had crappy defenses both times

This has always been a stupid *** mentality to me. Why hire defensive gurus to be head coach? They aren't the defensive coordinators and being the head coach requires 100 more things than being a good d coordinator. We won't learn though

17 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

He's probably a great coordinator and was at Seattle and UF, etc. - but he was meant to be a 2nd banana - he cannot be "the guy".    It's a fine line a head coach must walk in his relationship w/ players but Quinn doesn't walk it - he's just way too nice.   I'm sorry, he's gotta go.   Quinn's not the only problem but he's a big part of it.   This franchise has no edge to them at all - they don't hate to lose enough.

He ran Pete's defense w/ Pete's HoF level talent acquisitions.

9 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Giving up 38 and 40 points is not going to win you many games. 

When you score 39 points and don’t have any turnovers.

In the history of pro football do you know how many teams have lost in that situation.

ZERO.  Until today.

Now there’s one.

In addition to biggest comeback in Super Bowl history Quinn now has this on his resume.

The ONLY HEAD COACH IN HISTORY to lose a game where they scored 39+ points with no turnovers.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Falcons last two coach hires were defensive coordinators and Falcons had crappy defenses both times

Gotta love the opportunity cost of having elite talent on offense and pairing it with below average OC’s for 11/13 seasons instead of potentially having a strong offensive mind at HC that let the franchise QB play in a system for an extended period of time

thats before we get to the fact that they not only gave up the aforementioned opportunity, but did so only to have 2 defensive minded HC’s that gave us defenses in the bottom third of the league over the 13 years 

8 hours ago, dapanch420 said:

he just doesnt have the eye for the small details. hes good at drafting but talent will only get you so far. without good coaching this team will never win a suerbowl and dan quin isnt a good head coach. 49ers lost there best players uncluding their qb and still went on to dominate.

This is what frustrates me. He's been good at finding guys in the draft and developing the talent itself, but for some reason we can't seem to execute. To many times we jump out early, and end up blowing it.

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

When you score 39 points and don’t have any turnovers.

In the history of pro football do you know how many teams have lost in that situation.

ZERO.  Until today.

Now there’s one.

In addition to biggest comeback in Super Bowl history Quinn now has this on his resume.

The ONLY HEAD COACH IN HISTORY to lose a game where they scored 39+ points with no turnovers.

Yep @Ergo Proxy started a thread on it

Time for Change.

We knew the secondary was inexperienced and needs time but what about all the other reoccurring issues?

1. 3rd Quarter incompetence.  What's is it with this broken record? ineffective on both sides of the ball

2. Can't get short yardage late when we just need to maintain possession.

3. Top of the league yardage but come up short on scoring. Even when we have a big lead can't hold it.

These are coaching issues.

The pipes the pipes are calling,,,  It's you it's you ole Danny Boy

Give one of the coordinators a look while searching for new HC. this staff has ran it's course.

Matt, Julio,Calvin, Hayden are a great combo but they need a defense asap.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

The Falcons have had quality talent for years unfortunately they are all being led and managed by Quinn - it’s obvious to everyone but Arthur Blank that Quinn doesn’t have what it takes

43 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If I could sum up QUINN coached teams in one term I would say “undisciplined”.

stupid penalties, careless mistakes and players have no fear of their coach.  

Now's the time you want a coach with the mentality of John McKay back in the day. At least the post game conferences would be entertaining. He would always find a positive lesson to teach like..." Hey we're only a few plane crashes from the playoffs!"

51 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If I could sum up QUINN coached teams in one term I would say “undisciplined”.

stupid penalties, careless mistakes and players have no fear of their coach.  

I totally agree, I know a lot of people hate on or forget, but Mike Smith's teams were disciplined. Lowest amount of penaltys in the league for some seasons.

It's definitely all on Quinn for this kind of play and it all shows. Inexcusable

Edited by Coeus

People can nitpick this game "oh if Julio caught that td it wouldn't have mattered" or "we had injuries that helped the cowboys catch up." But the fact is this is a trend that's been here since Q has been here. We lack discipline. We give up huge leads (if we can even get to a huge lead). We come out of halftime limp af. Untimely penalties. Bonehead plays, bonehead play calling, bonehead game management. Its what Quinn is. That's what he brings to the table. That's not what we need in a head coach. It's not what anyone needs. Fire him during the season. See what Morris can do. Tell him this is his time to make his case for next yr. The Q era has to end. This incompetence has to end. 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

By IT, I am assuming you mean intellectual horse power.  He may be a nice guy, but to be honest, he does not have much activity in the grey matter in his skull.  

The man is a simpleton, perhaps even a dolt.  I don't want to call him a moron because he probably is capable of running a D2 college program.  So, let's not call him a moron.  

You are right, he is not a NFL head coach.  He has proven that time and time again.