• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

458 wins and Falcons the only Loss

Someone somewhere thinks if we had a different QB today would've been a win, tho...I'm sure.

We love being innovators. Always finding new ways to lose. 

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Someone somewhere thinks if we had a different QB today would've been a win, tho...I'm sure.

Nah. But I do think Ryan (and the franchise QB in general) is going to inherently be a part of a team's identity. This team's identity is that of perennial chokers and finding a way to lose in a new way every game. Quinn needs to go, I've absolutely come around on that, but I think Ryan needs to as well. Not because I dislike him, but because this team needs a new identity, and with Ryan and/or Quinn, we're not going to have that.

Some will say the season's not over, and by all means, run with that. This team isn't a SuperBowl winning team. It's not even on the right track towards being a fun team to watch. They're just the same ol Falcons, and they need a shake up in the worst way.

Bright side is I won't have to waste 3-4 hours a Sunday watching this ****show anymore this season. Lol

9 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Actually should be like 5 takeaways, they failed 2 fake punts which gave the Falcons great field position.

Apparently, it's 285-1 because of us but we set a worse record just scoring 39 points and no giveaways.

458 and 1... We're the 1 in both scenarios.

IDK man...that onside kick looked like a Giveaway to me.

7 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

This is Matt Ryan’s second loss within the past year alone that he threw for 270+ yards, 4+ TD’s, 0 INT’s and lost

While there is plenty of fault all around, Ryan under threw a sure TD to Ridley and he blatantly threw to the wrong receiver for a 6 yard gain rather than another sure TD.  On both occasions, we settled for FG's.  

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Nah. But I do think Ryan (and the franchise QB in general) is going to inherently be a part of a team's identity. This team's identity is that of perennial chokers and finding a way to lose in a new way every game. Quinn needs to go, I've absolutely come around on that, but I think Ryan needs to as well. Not because I dislike him, but because this team needs a new identity, and with Ryan and/or Quinn, we're not going to have that.

Some will say the season's not over, and by all means, run with that. This team isn't a SuperBowl winning team. It's not even on the right track towards being a fun team to watch. They're just the same ol Falcons, and they need a shake up in the worst way.

Bright side is I won't have to waste 3-4 hours a Sunday watching this ****show anymore this season. Lol

Still don't believe in this mentality putting improvement on letting Ryan go. If he were approaching 40, maybe. He isn't showing signs of slowing down and the league favors passing/QB protection.

And, especially after today when Ryan played a good game?

To me, a full rebuild is a panic move because this team could win if it had better coaching and situational calls. We gave away our shot at OT by chasing points in the 1st half as well. But ok I guess that's an option to just walk from Ryan.

11 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Still don't believe in this mentality putting improvement on letting Ryan go. If he were approaching 40, maybe. He isn't showing signs of slowing down and the league favors passing/QB protection.

And, especially after today when Ryan played a good game?

To me, a full rebuild is a panic move because this team could win if it had better coaching and situational calls. We gave away our shot at OT by chasing points in the 1st half as well. But ok I guess that's an option to just walk from Ryan.

You're coming at this from a very rational, "he played well" perspective. I'm coming at it from the same perspective that has led the Chargers to move on from Rivers (and hey, they're up 14-6 on the Chiefs rn, whaddaya know). It's their identity, it's not that Rivers is trash, they're just moving on because he's synonymous with playoff failure and flashy stats with nothing to show for it. Ryan is the face of the franchise. He was the face of the franchise when 28-3 happened. I think that it could hurt us moving on from him short term, and I certainly don't think we should just straight up cut the guy. But this team rides and dies with Ryan. As good as he is, this team has had a similar identity the entire time he's been here and it isn't changing as long as he's here imho. Lose Quinn for sure. But with Ryan, I just don't see a whole lot changing. And it sucks, because he really does deserve a SuperBowl. Maybe he can get it somewhere else. I just don't see him getting it here.

I really do hope I'm wrong, because I see him being here another 5 years. And hey, I'll still watch the highlights and hope he does well. But this team is rotting on the inside right now, and it's up to AB to address it.

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

You're coming at this from a very rational, "he played well" perspective. I'm coming at it from the same perspective that has led the Chargers to move on from Rivers (and hey, they're up 14-6 on the Chiefs rn, whaddaya know). It's their identity, it's not that Rivers is trash, they're just moving on because he's synonymous with playoff failure and flashy stats with nothing to show for it. Ryan is the face of the franchise. He was the face of the franchise when 28-3 happened. I think that it could hurt us moving on from him short term, and I certainly don't think we should just straight up cut the guy. But this team rides and dies with Ryan. As good as he is, this team has had a similar identity the entire time he's been here and it isn't changing as long as he's here imho. Lose Quinn for sure. But with Ryan, I just don't see a whole lot changing. And it sucks, because he really does deserve a SuperBowl. Maybe he can get it somewhere else. I just don't see him getting it here.

I really do hope I'm wrong, because I see him being here another 5 years. And hey, I'll still watch the highlights and hope he does well. But this team is rotting on the inside right now, and it's up to AB to address it.

I actually see where you’re coming from, but the Rivers example doesn’t really fit when compared to Ryan. Rivers looked washed up last year and struggled to throw the ball even 10 yards downfield at times. Chargers only moved on when it seemed like Rivers was done. 

10 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

If you really believe coaching is this bad here why does the idea of Ryan need to go come into play? We were a playoff team 2 years after our last HC change and should've made the playoffs the first year DQ was here.

If you have no faith in getting the right HC, yeah just move on from Matt. The rest is an overreaction.

The SMART thing to do would be to draft an heir within a couple of years at best.

24 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I actually see where you’re coming from, but the Rivers example doesn’t really fit when compared to Ryan. Rivers looked washed up last year and struggled to throw the ball even 10 yards downfield at times. Chargers only moved on when it seemed like Rivers was done. 

They also moved on because they were in position to land a new face of the franchise. Falcons haven't been in a position to land a new face of the franchise.