Marlins @ Braves

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Acuna and Albies will still be just 33 and 34.

Late to the party on the chat but man was Wilson impressive!

Just need to win every division through 2031 to match those Bobby Cox teams. 

Posted Images

All of a sudden I'm not to worried about our post season pitching rotation. Fried, Anderson, Hamels, and Wright should be able to get the job done. We dont have to have four aces our there. With the crazy offense we have we just need  some guys that can give us decent starts. I'm pumped for the playoffs to get here.

Edited by LouDog
1 minute ago, LouDog said:

All of a sudden I'm not to worried about our post season pitching rotation. Fried, Anderson, Hamels, and Wilson should be able to get the job done. We dont have to have four aces our there. With the crazy offense we have we just need  some guys that can give us decent starts. I'm pumped for the playoffs to get here.

I'm gonna assume you mean Wright lmao. But Wilson looked okay in the 29 run game. 

Honestly, with our pen and offense, if a starter can give us 4/5 of 2 run ball in the postseason, we have a shot 

Braves and Marlins will both be entering the bubble tomorrow. Per MLB's new bubble rules, all playoff teams must quarantine in a hotel all week this week before the WC round. The quarantine will remain through the WC round at which point the winners will move to the bubbles in Texas/California. Only travel permitted is to Truist and back to the hotel. MLB security is present at all bubble locations to monitor. 

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Any guesses as to who the Wednesday start goes to? My gut says Folty without knowing anything else

I don't see it. DOB tweeted that his last start at the ATS was a disaster. Plus they would have to make a 40-man roster move to make it happen. That said, it will be less than 10 days since Wilson, Touki, or JDLC were sent down, so I don't think it will be either of them. We may finally see Tucker Davidson. 

2 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I don't see it. DOB tweeted that his last start at the ATS was a disaster. Plus they would have to make a 40-man roster move to make it happen. That said, it will be less than 10 days since Wilson, Touki, or JDLC were sent down, so I don't think it will be either of them. We may finally see Tucker Davidson. 

I forgot about that. Been drinking a good bit tonight so my mind isn’t quite as sharp. 

Coping with the Falcons is hard man 

9 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I forgot about that. Been drinking a good bit tonight so my mind isn’t quite as sharp. 

Coping with the Falcons is hard man 

DOB said he was told by some that Folty was giving up a lot of hard contact to righties. Like Anthopolous said, hes improved but not enough to return to the roster. Even Snitker, as loyal as he is, has sounded uninspired when asked about him.

53 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I thought the 10 days thing had been waived for this year?

20 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Here's the deal, all the Braves need to do is win 2 of the games against the Marlins and they clinch the division. It's that simple.

As long as our offense plays like normal I like our chances in the first 2 games due to who they have pitching and the 4th with Fried pitching. 

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

2001 when the Braves beat the Phillies by 2 games for the division. Games 157-159 they played the Phillies with the division on the line. That's the last time the Braves had a big division battle at the end of the season with division on the line.

Also the last time we won a playoff series so maybe it’s a good omen...?

21 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

2 or 3?

2. If the Braves win 2 games against the Marlins the best the Marlins could do is tie the Braves for the division and the Braves hold the tiebreaker over the Marlins. First tiebreaker is HTH which would be split 5-5. The next tiebreaker is division record and the Braves would have the edge there by 1 game over the Marlins. Therefore the Braves would win the divsion.

5 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

2. If the Braves win 2 games against the Marlins the best the Marlins could do is tie the Braves for the division and the Braves hold the tiebreaker over the Marlins. First tiebreaker is HTH which would be split 5-5. The next tiebreaker is division record and the Braves would have the edge there by 1 game over the Marlins. Therefore the Braves would win the divsion.

Cool

I was thinking it was something like that but I was seeing the magic number was 3

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Cool

I was thinking it was something like that but I was seeing the magic number was 3

The magic number is 3 because if the Braves win tonight that takes a number away from the Braves winning and the Marlins losing so it would be 1. All the Braves would need is 1 win against the Marlins to clinch.