It Is Time - Fire Quinn & Koetter

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been Quinn’s biggest supporter, but well coached teams don’t do this time after time.  I’m fully on board with getting rid of DQ tonight, firing Koetter as well and trying to reset the season.  W

Why fire Koetter? He called a great game. This loss in squarely on DQ and his sorry defense. 

Gurley looks very average, too.  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ve been Quinn’s biggest supporter, but well coached teams don’t do this time after time.  I’m fully on board with getting rid of DQ tonight, firing Koetter as well and trying to reset the season.  We are situationally poor and when we win it’s due to simply having much better players.  Do we not practice ST’s?  That on sides was unacceptable.  Julio, McGary & Takk likely time miss a few weeks apiece

Im sure we set another NFL record today.  Dallas wins despite 4 fumbles in 1st quarter.  Just no excuse.

We don’t run outside zone.  PA is thrown in occasionally.  Don’t let the numbers fool you: this is not a well coached team offensively.  S*** enhances S***’s smell and it’s time to clear out the s***. 

I think the Falcons problems could be psychological. People keep calling them chokers and saying they can't win a super bowl and it gets in their head. 

9 hours ago, Zeke_iBuyiSellHomes said:

There is NO WAY that Dan Quinn should be the Head Coach of the Atlanta Falcons in the morning...... NONE!! End of discussion!!

Dan Quinn has taken too much of my football soul to stay...  Even if today weren't all on him, there's just too much bad juju around his tenure with the team to stay.  Even if he were Vince *%#*ing Lombardi, he'd have to go.  From the Super Bowl loss until today, it's been one embarrassment after another.

I'd keep the rest of the staff for at least this year, though...promote Koetter to HC, so we can see what this D would look like under Raheem without Quinn's influence...We can easily get by this year by firing Quinn right now...

3 hours ago, peoriabird said:

He currently has 3 probowl players on the defense right now. How many will he need to make them not be the worst defense in the league?

I only see 2, D. Jones and G. Jarrett. Neal unfortunately is a shell of himself. Corner's are not ready for prime time. We only have one other solid LB. No real depth on the DLine.    

Mostly disappointment by TD, i.e. Duke Riley, Trufant, Vic Beasley, Senat, Southward, Fowler, etc. 

4 minutes ago, ThrashUnreal said:

The whole FO has to be purged. there's gonna be no progress until that happens. and i see a whole lot of defending Koetter for game 1 when half of those 25 came from when we were already down 20 god**** points. Stop the delusion.

A main point is, we can get through this season if we fire Quinn; we can't really get through the season by firing everyone.  It's not realistic.

But firing Quinn?  Necessary...TODAY...

On 9/20/2020 at 9:44 PM, FloweryStump said:

Koetter is NOT the problem.  We have one of the most explosive offenses in the League!  39 points and no turnovers today?  C'mon dude...

The problem is DEFENSE!  And I am not a fan of Quinn or the DC... but the problem is MUCH DEEPER than that.  Dimitroff is the problem.

In 13 years under Dimitroff's leadership, our defense has ranked in the Top 10 only ONCE (#9 in 2017).  Additionally, we have only been in the top HALF of the League 3 times in the last 13 seasons.  That is with two defensive-minded head coaches who got the job here by displaying that they KNOW how to coach defense and put together Top 5 (#1 for Quinn) units on their previous stops.  The problem is PERSONNEL.  Dimitroff has not provided the tools for that side of the ball.  The philosophy needs to change if we want the results to change. 

New blood is needed at the top.  Its time to move on from TD.

Of course defense is the problem. They're probably going to be Historically bad this year. That can be true and Koetter can be mediocre at the same time. Even Sark put up good numbers with this allstar offense. 

On 9/20/2020 at 4:27 PM, falconsd56 said:

Yeah....this is a stupid and mean STUPID argument to fire the guys offense who just put up 39 points....with another 6 that was wide open and dropped.

Blind hatred of a guy is not a good look for anyone and 2012....that is where you are.

In a way, I get it. I mean we had a +4 TO margin. If it was roughly even and we put up 40, we beat the brakes off the other team's D. I agree the offense did good enough to win, but they also got gifted a fatty TO margin.

2 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Of course defense is the problem. They're probably going to be Historically bad this year. That can be true and Koetter can be mediocre at the same time. Even Sark put up good numbers with this allstar offense. 

I'm not saying the offense is perfect by any means.  We can still do several things better, particularly in the run game.  But if you put up 39 points and do not turn it over even once, you don't have much to complain about.  You're getting pretty nit-picky at that point.

Edited by FloweryStump
2 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Not so sure both aren't the issue on defense. We definitely need a couple new players in the back 7.

Yeah I don't agree at all TD is this great drafter. He's been pretty mediocre for the most part which is why we've never really had all 3 layers of the defense being better than average at the same time, and the trenches have been more bad than good during his tenure. AB is NEVER getting rid of him though, so we're going to have to hope his trading up/tunnel vision philosophy somehow pans out for us.

13 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

In a way, I get it. I mean we had a +4 TO margin. If it was roughly even and we put up 40, we beat the brakes off the other team's D. I agree the offense did good enough to win, but they also got gifted a fatty TO margin.

And?

That is complimentary football.

If we started using that caveat then all of a sudden alot of play callers numbers get diminished.

On 9/20/2020 at 9:44 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Dimitroff has actually put together a talented group of guys on defense. Coaching is by far this teams problem. Not lack of talent 

Except at Safety. He being a secondary guru, he should have seen that Neal is done, Rico isn't that athletic, and Kazee is questionable. Should have made a move to upgrade that position in the offseason, especially with he and DQ's jobs on the line. Should have mortgaged the future and gone for broke, i.e. Jamaal Adams.

On 9/20/2020 at 9:44 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Dimitroff has actually put together a talented group of guys on defense. Coaching is by far this teams problem. Not lack of talent 

Really? I mean, to the extent that Quinn doesn't want safety and may have told Dimi not to even target any before round 4, maybe. But you really think this defense is talented? I think it's maybe, maybe around league average when it comes to talent. Our DL is definitely the most talented group, with LB and CB somewhere in the solid to above average range, and safety in the dirt. But I feel like there are a ton of teams right now with more talent on defense.

If you're saying this defense has the talent to be at least average, absolutely. Or even that excellent coaching could field an above average, borderline top 10 defense. But this isn't what I'd call an extremely talented group of guys on defense.

44 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Except at Safety. He being a secondary guru, he should have seen that Neal is done, Rico isn't that athletic, and Kazee is questionable. Should have made a move to upgrade that position in the offseason, especially with he and DQ's jobs on the line. Should have mortgaged the future and gone for broke, i.e. Jamaal Adams.

What you're describing could actually be 100% on the coaching staff still. If your HC tells your GM, we are set at safety, I believe in these guys, it's on him. 

45 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Really? I mean, to the extent that Quinn doesn't want safety and may have told Dimi not to even target any before round 4, maybe. But you really think this defense is talented? I think it's maybe, maybe around league average when it comes to talent. Our DL is definitely the most talented group, with LB and CB somewhere in the solid to above average range, and safety in the dirt. But I feel like there are a ton of teams right now with more talent on defense.

If you're saying this defense has the talent to be at least average, absolutely. Or even that excellent coaching could field an above average, borderline top 10 defense. But this isn't what I'd call an extremely talented group of guys on defense.

I'd say throughout the Quinn era, yea, we've had some talent. Grady in round 5 was excellent. Rico in round 5 was a good pick as well. The team was getting decent production from Trufant and Alford at one point. I liked Brian Poole. De'vondre Campbell in round 4 also a good pick. I think TD has actually brought in some talent.

Also, I didn't call it "extremely" talented. I just said he's brought some talented guys in. 

52 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

What you're describing could actually be 100% on the coaching staff still. If your HC tells your GM, we are set at safety, I believe in these guys, it's on him. 

Agreed that it may be more on the HC, but the GM, especially one with a specialty in secondary scouting should be able to tell that it is a GLARING issue.

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

True. We look way more like a Cover 2 personnel defense than Cover 1 or Cover 3; wrt Safety, that is for sure.

One thing Morris flipping to defense did last year was bring out Cover 2 looks.

Why have we not perfected that as our primarily base package this offseason?

Why have we tried to force ourselves to become a 3 Safety Nickel defense?

Another change that was ill advised...