It Is Time - Fire Quinn & Koetter

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

So the defense gets 4 TO’s on 4 straight possessions...the two possessions prior we force two punts.  It did it’s job in the first half.

Koetter’s 4 drives in 2nd half:

1. 9 plays, 26 yards: GARBAGE
  2. 11 plays, 74 yards.  Teat
  3. 10 plays, 30 yards. GARBAGE
  4. 5 plays, 11 yards.  GARBAGE

And where is the outside zone?  You are blinded by DK.  The entire game was fools gold.  I pet saying it in the game thread.  The offense was no good.  The defense created 4 TO’s at least.  

The defense created 3 takeaways and 2 turnovers on downs which the offense converted into points every single time it doesn’t get much better than that. Meanwhile every cowboys scoring drive except the game winning field goal was 74 yards or more and none of their drives took longer than 4 mins defense might as well not even been on the field with stats like that. No offense can over come a defense that plays that poorly. The cowboys really only had to make 3 plays on defense and recover an onside kick to steal the game. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been Quinn’s biggest supporter, but well coached teams don’t do this time after time.  I’m fully on board with getting rid of DQ tonight, firing Koetter as well and trying to reset the season.  W

Why fire Koetter? He called a great game. This loss in squarely on DQ and his sorry defense. 

Gurley looks very average, too.  

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You said we only scored FGs off TOs. That's simply not true. 2 TDs off the first two TOs. Could they have done more after? Sure. But they scored every time off of turnovers and including multiple TDs.

If this defense had a backbone AT ALL ...OR the STs unit recovers on the onside kick that was poorly executed BY US...the offense still carries us to the win.

Defense allows 7 yards per play and nearly 600 yards of total offense but we are criticizing the offense for not doing more. It's true, Julio coulda caught that. Hey, maybe we convert a couple more times, etc.

But, no offense is perfect.

EVERY. SINGLE. TEAM. NEEDS. DEFENSE. TO. MAKE. STOPS.

^Especially when it's in the 2nd half and you try to secure the win.

I never said that, but yea, I get it.

16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The hatred is strong in this one bro. Don't let hate cloud reality.

After two weeks, Kutty's numbers are probably better than Shanny's.

Shanny ain't comin back anytime soon my friend. Let it go man.

Numbers are all Koetter has. He always puts up good numbers. 

As much as people are way overhyping our offense from this game, they're also not wrong about Quinn. Why did we go for that 2-point conversion so early? When we did it I said to myself 'This might cost us later,' and it did. Terrible. Our defense is still trash because of Kazee, Dennard, and our too-young LB'er corps. Oliver and AJ look decent. As long as there's no help over the top all our CB's will continue to get toasted, however. 

22 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Numbers are all Koetter has. He always puts up good numbers. 

Koetter is NOT the problem.  We have one of the most explosive offenses in the League!  39 points and no turnovers today?  C'mon dude...

The problem is DEFENSE!  And I am not a fan of Quinn or the DC... but the problem is MUCH DEEPER than that.  Dimitroff is the problem.

In 13 years under Dimitroff's leadership, our defense has ranked in the Top 10 only ONCE (#9 in 2017).  Additionally, we have only been in the top HALF of the League 3 times in the last 13 seasons.  That is with two defensive-minded head coaches who got the job here by displaying that they KNOW how to coach defense and put together Top 5 (#1 for Quinn) units on their previous stops.  The problem is PERSONNEL.  Dimitroff has not provided the tools for that side of the ball.  The philosophy needs to change if we want the results to change. 

New blood is needed at the top.  Its time to move on from TD.

Edited by FloweryStump
8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Another thing I find funny is that last week 2012 was all "look at all of these yards but no points".

This week we score all of these points and some how they do not count because.........we didn't have to have alot of yards to get them.

Goal posts. Of course short fields will have less total yards.

But, on our drives after we stopped getting turnovers? 45 yards per drive.

Like it's the opposite of the stats he posted; which were skewed by short field drives lol

Can't use those drives to supposedly calculate drives without Turnovers and claim we didn't move the ball.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
4 hours ago, dapanch420 said:

id say demote quinn to defenseive coordinator and let koetter take control of this team. even though dont have any faith in koetter either.

Why put him back in charge of the defense when he's never even built it up to anything worth a crap other than a few decent games?

Quinn needs to be gone from this team completely.

You cant just shift inadequacy around when it's the root of the tumors. 

29 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Another thing I find funny is that last week 2012 was all "look at all of these yards but no points".

This week we score all of these points and some how they do not count because.........we didn't have to have alot of yards to get them.

Offense did their job with what they got, short field, long drives.. I wish you could say same for defense and ST.

31 minutes ago, The Rock said:

Dimitroff is the one who assembled this porous defense. He should be canned too. 

He assemble the offense too!  The difference is that Quinn is not that involved in the offense hence it functions better.  He is intricately involved in the defense which plays well early and then goes soft with a big lead.  This appears to be a Dan Quinn signature pattern.

1 minute ago, peoriabird said:

He assemble the offense too!  The difference is that Quinn is not that involved in the offense hence it functions better.  He is intricately involved in the defense which plays well early and then goes soft with a big lead.  This appears to be a Dan Quinn signature pattern.

You expect Quinn to be able to make a formidable defense with toilet paper?