Jump to content

Why did you go for 2 early in the game with a 3 point lead?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's called overthinking it. If they simply fall on it before it goes 10 yards Dallas can't recover. You mean you DONT take the ball when it's right in front of you? Too many Falcons close t

DQ probably heard from a stats nerd how it is good idea to go for on a two point conversion. That’s the difference in the game. This coach has lost the feel for the game.

8 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It's called overthinking it.

If they simply fall on it before it goes 10 yards Dallas can't recover. You mean you DONT take the ball when it's right in front of you?

Too many Falcons close to not let it become a 50/50.

DQ preaches "ball" but we look at victory slipping away.

Meanwhile, that XP attempt lookin' real good right now.

Overthinking and scared to make mistakes. I’d love to be a fly on the wall in that locker room. I honestly believe quinn won’t even be animated, don’t see any fire in him, think he’s too conservative, think he lacks situational awareness. And it’s clear as day that’s translated to the players 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Because DQ is a dumb***. In the game thread, I questioned why he's doing this.

The two point conversion is not why we lost. it assumes that everything would work out exactly the same way it did rest of the game including that Dallas would try and fail on their own two point conversion. 

The onside kick was it. No well coached team would let that happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, falcon app said:

The two point conversion is not why we lost. it assumes that everything would work out exactly the same way it did rest of the game including that Dallas would try and fail on their own two point conversion. 

The onside kick was it. No well coached team would let that happen.

It was a dumb decision because you're chasing points when you have the lead. And look what happened?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, uk falcs fan said:

Overthinking and scared to make mistakes. I’d love to be a fly on the wall in that locker room. I honestly believe quinn won’t even be animated, don’t see any fire in him, think he’s too conservative, think he lacks situational awareness. And it’s clear as day that’s translated to the players 

Oh, he has some sitautional awareness. The 4th down attempts were justified today and paid off.

The problem is some player mistakes always seem to get trickled in; even Julio today alligator arming an easy TD.

The XP skipped over in favor of a 2-point attempt when up 3 scores in the 1st half is the major HC mistake today.

The defense at least has **some** excuse with injuries in the first half.

The issue with that is, so did the Cowboys and we didn't finish them. Leaving 7 points from the XPA and dropped TD. Gave away the onside kick just exposed all the other "comeback/blown game" elements.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Once Foye went out the team stopped blitzing Debo. They need more depth at LB if that one guy changes your plans so much.

Team had 0 pass rush once Foye and Takk left the game. They went prevent defense and Cowboys racked up nearly 600 yards. I would've blitzed a lot more, they made it way too easy for the Cowboys offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

DQ probably heard from a stats nerd how it is good idea to go for on a two point conversion. That’s the difference in the game. This coach has lost the feel for the game.

That and players not giving away free turnovers. Our forced fumbles at least were created by our dudes in part. We dropped a TD, skipped the XP, and watched the onside kick when we had numbers advantage at diving on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those questioning the 2 point try, I would say it was worth going for because if we get it, and ended up in this exact situation we were in, ,then Dallas has to score a TD and not just kick a FG. Sure we could have been playing for OT right now, but I think Quinn is trying to allow every chance for our offense to win the game, and as we watch our suspect defense blow lead after lead, you kinda see why. 

Watered down version: Our offense is our strength, and we should probably try and get as many points as possible to help cushion our defenses inevitable collapse.

I say all that to say, we never should have been in this predicament to begin with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Not defending Quinn, but the players are to blame as well. 

Yes they are.  I wonder who coached them to stand mesmerized while an on-side kick was spinning slowly to the ten-yard mark?  

And who coached Ryan to under-throw to an open WR (for a certain TD) again.....and to choose to throw for a six yard gain while an open receiver was waiting two yards from the goal line?....right in his line of sight!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, falcon app said:

It did not work out. But it was not necessarily dumb. if our ST players do their job then we wouldn't be taking about it.

No it was a dumb decision.  The reason it was dumb is because aside from directly costing the team points for no reason it demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding in how scoring works. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...