Falcons players need to outplay their coaching staff

42 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I just heard Sam Crenshaw say this on 92.9 and I totally agree with it and how it applies to the 2020 Atlanta Falcons. What say you?

I say the players need to freakin execute better. I know Raheem volunteered to be the fall guy but I saw some sorry as execution out there on several plays. And get ***** set people! An excerpt from Suave and Foye:

Ricardo Allen was frustrated after the Falcons’ loss to Seattle, and he said as much.

“I’m not trying to do this again all year, to tell you the truth,” Allen said.

Asked what the Falcons didn’t do right in the loss, he said it was pretty simple: align and assign.

“It’s the small things,” he said. “It’s the details.”

The next day, Foye Oluokun spoke to the media. When it was his turn to be asked about those missing details, he gave a specific example: pre-snap communication. He said a lot of the issues stemmed from that pre-snap communication or the lack thereof.

“We are all expecting a specific type of play to happen, so just being in the exact right spot when they do happen is really just the name of the game of football really,” Oluokun said. “When (Russell Wilson) did scramble, if we all just flashed a little bit longer, maybe break up that pass or maybe the pass isn’t open when he’s looking for it, I think a lot of it is pre-snap communication just based off of what we already know and just making sure it’s coming out on time.”

1 hour ago, marvinthemartian said:

I just heard Sam Crenshaw say this on 92.9 and I totally agree with it and how it applies to the 2020 Atlanta Falcons. What say you?

100% agree. I’ve been saying this for a while. This team has talent. Not the best in the league but they are good enough to win with great coaching. Unfortunately we don’t have that. 

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

Not likely to happen.  This is not basketball.  Football depends heavily on a strategic positioning.  

Jones and Olukun (sp) are the smart guys on defense.  Perhaps they can put the pieces in place, but I think that is too much to ask of any player

“𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐."

𝙱𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙱𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚔

I would say in our history as an org, especially with the talent have success in 2016 making history on offense, that our coaches have ultimately come up short of the standards of excellence set by the league.

That is why any genuine Falcon fan is torn up when thinking about the years wasted with Julio and Ryan. Both are HoF caliber players and we couldn’t get stable coaching on offense of a high-end caliber (Kyle) and have failed over and over to utilize defensive head coaches to get more out of investing less in that side of the ball.

It does not make sense.

If Dan fails this year and he goes?

Please for once get a staff in here capable of consistently elevating the defense and ACTUALLY benefiting from the spoils on offense.

Preferable able to coach a solid run system week to week so we can avoid being shut down like in 2018 when it was just the pass offense and once teams could pin ears back it was over.

All of that said, let’s see if week 2 shows any pulse. Hoping Morris and Whitt get that secondary on point.

Tackling is a huge deal today. Might need to see Dennard support the run from Nickel in their 3 WR sets. Rico can do that too as a now Slot corner these days.

Of course, leaving Kazee at FS but that’s another discussion. Dare hope Whitt turns him into anything? :ninja: Well, that would require having faith in your coaching. :tiphat:

People on TATF absurdly overestimate the talent of this team. Feels like must people think we're top 3 when it comes to talent, when realistically, I think we might be top half of the league but maybe not even in the top 10. 

Not saying last week's performance was acceptable. This team has definitely underperformed somewhat the last couple years. But in addition to that, this team isn't nearly as talented as people make it out to be. Even making the playoffs would be doing a solid job with the talent - going any further would be elevating the players because of coaching. Let's get there first

3 hours ago, etherdome said:

Not likely to happen.  This is not basketball.  Football depends heavily on a strategic positioning.  

Jones and Olukun (sp) are the smart guys on defense.  Perhaps they can put the pieces in place, but I think that is too much to ask of any player

add Grady and Rico to the smart players list. Not a huge rico fan  it he has high football i.q.