Just now, vel said:

This is always such a stupid stat to quote. Completely ignores game flow/situation. 

Just run it 25 times to open the game and we win. Game over. Not how it works. But that's how it's presented. 

Yeah, it does and it doesn’t.  A good team is competitive every game which means they should run the ball 30 or more times.  The 20 touch stat is more relevant cause it’s not a ton of touches.  

But I know what you mean.  It’s kind of a certainty that if Gurley rushes 25 times you’ve played the game on your terms and almost certainly won.  I just want to see us finally dictate on offense and play on our terms, not vice versa 

7 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I would've given him a pass if he had said the "When Todd Gurley gets it 20 times, the Rams' record was 22-1"

It still wouldn't have translated, but at least it wouldn't have read so idiotic

I agree, but this is the same guy that writes to himself and answers his own, “fan questions” on Social media...

2 hours ago, vel said:

This is always such a stupid stat to quote. Completely ignores game flow/situation. 

Just run it 25 times to open the game and we win. Game over. Not how it works. But that's how it's presented. 

In a perfect world it would go that way. I think DK abandoned the run too soon and gurley still should’ve run the ball 20+ times but those poor decisions caused them to get so far behind they had to play catch-up. 14-12 going into half was perfect gurley territory. In other words that article says control the game. What I don’t like is giving up on the run because it’s getting 1 yard...3 yards...2 yards. Keep pounding. Eventually one will pop but not only that they see your dedication to the run and are forced to stay honest. This Dallas game they HAVE HAVE HAVE to feed gurley. Let play-action feed off of that and keep their defense off balance. First offensive play of the game I’d go Play action to Julio/Rid/Gage deep. And Quinn has to make better decisions to NOT put them in position to get 3 scores behind. Dallas KNOWS we want to toss it around. So give a heavy dose of gurley early and often. Set the tone with him. But can DK DO that is the question. 

28 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

I love ric but I can't help bit remember he was all over the panthers before all of a sudden he started getting on the Falcons bandwagon..

He’s from Charlotte and prolly pressured to support the panthers since he lives there. He’s a huge football fan. I’ve seen him at many high school games in NC over the yrs. I had my picture made with him at the SB 51 in Houston. He’s a Falcon fan trust me....woooo

9 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

In a perfect world it would go that way. I think DK abandoned the run too soon and gurley still should’ve run the ball 20+ times but those poor decisions caused them to get so far behind they had to play catch-up. 14-12 going into half was perfect gurley territory. In other words that article says control the game. What I don’t like is giving up on the run because it’s getting 1 yard...3 yards...2 yards. Keep pounding. Eventually one will pop but not only that they see your dedication to the run and are forced to stay honest. This Dallas game they HAVE HAVE HAVE to feed gurley. Let play-action feed off of that and keep their defense off balance. First offensive play of the game I’d go Play action to Julio/Rid/Gage deep. And Quinn has to make better decisions to NOT put them in position to get 3 scores behind. Dallas KNOWS we want to toss it around. So give a heavy dose of gurley early and often. Set the tone with him. But can DK DO that is the question. 

Bump