T. Moore Comments on Morris' Gameplan, DQ Panic

Terrance Moore once worked for the AJC as an editor.... he has some commentss about Morris, and also a video where he talks about how Dan Quinn panicked during the Seahawks game.   

https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/films/atlanta-falcons-news-raheem-morris-chris-carson-russel-wilson-2020

Did Atlanta Falcons defensive coordinator Raheem Morris really say what he said Wednesday during his session with the media?

Yep.

To paraphrase, Morris said his game plan was to have his defenders spend Sunday afternoon at Mercedes-Benz Stadium against the Seattle Seahawks trying to stop somebody not named Russell Wilson. The Falcons were looking to slow down Seattle’s primary back Chris Carson, per Morris.

Don't ask.

It's as crazy as it sounds. 

For the Seahawks, who eventually rolled to a 38-25 victory over the Falcons during the season opener for both teams, Carson is one of their running backs, and Wilson is their starting quarterback.

“We were able to physically affect the quarterback, hit him a bunch of times, getting in a couple of sacks,” Morris told reporters. “What I did not do, and it’s solely on me, is give the guys the ability to affect the quarterback mentally. 

"Some of our disguises weren’t what they used to be or what they need to be in order to win a game like that. I didn’t give those guys enough credit to beat us in the pass game, and they absolutely did. 

"Russell Wilson is a heck of a player, a phenomenal player. He absolutely came out that day and beat us.”

Uh, yeah. 

Wilson completed 31 of his 35 passes for 322 yards and four touchdowns.

Carson carried six times for 21 yards, but did have two touchdown catches from Wilson.

So Morris' game plan worked. Sort of.

See my Saving The Falcons video for more.

T Moore has hated Atlanta sports for as long as I can remember. A perennial critic who is nowhere to be found when things are good. 
His entire career is built upon negativity. 
Even if he is right about the game, its after the fact. 
Find me when he has something good to say about my city. Until then, same old same old. 

12 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

T Moore has hated Atlanta sports for as long as I can remember. A perennial critic who is nowhere to be found when things are good. 
His entire career is built upon negativity. 
Even if he is right about the game, its after the fact. 
Find me when he has something good to say about my city. Until then, same old same old. 

Exactly.

Even when the falcons would win he would be "Yeah but..."

He is the Pff of " journalist"

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

But is he wrong?

Did the Falcons have a good game plan? No

What did they do well before it got out of hand?

The Falcons did alot of things well....and they did them all game.

The falcons moved the ball with ease on the Seahawks...even when it was a 2 point game .

The falcons won at the LOS more often than they lost.

The falcons defense tackled well

The falcons stopped the run and limited the Seahawks to just 3 of 9 on third down.

The game did not get " out of hand" until late in the 4th...it was a 13 point game for the majority of the second half.  13 points is not a huge deficit in the nfl... especially when you have a kicker and a kick off team who are as good at on side kicks as the Falcons are.

People act like it was 30 to 0 at half-time and that seattle just did what they wanted....that is not the case.

The biggest difference was the "to go" situations where we fumbled a 4thdown that was converted , Ryan overthrowing a pretty wide open Ridley, And Matthews not being able to pickup a shooting linebacker.

There are things that the falcons MUST improve on but the game last Sunday was hardly this one sided affair that  people seem to think it was.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

And often make the problems out to be bigger than they are.

Yep...the reality is, the game plan wasn't actually a terrible plan. The Seahawks are a running team. There's a reason why "LetRussCook" is a thing. But all critics are jumping on the Falcons like what they planned for was the dumbest thing ever.

Terrence Moore is fairly useless as a writer. He comes off as a troll just trying to generate clicks rather than provide useful information. It is why I have a subscription to the athletic. The writers are much better and the content is top notch.

Nothing wrong with going into a game with a goal to stop the running game from Seattle. They have always been a run first team. They came out and surprised us. My big concern was the lack of adjustments in the 2nd half which is a recurring theme with this team. If our game plan doesn't work to start the game, we are in trouble.

I like Moore because he’s not a homer no matter what sport he’s talking about in GA. He don’t sugar coat nothing just to please the fans and that’s what people don’t like. He tells the truth and it hurts people feelings but as the young people say, “it is what it is.” Maybe the Falcons should be like that and start holding people accountable. Stop with trying to not hurt somebody’s feelings and keeping it personal. This is a business and if they are not getting the job done then kick rocks. AB needs to grow a pair. It starts at the top. I’m not mad at T. Moore.

1 minute ago, marvinthemartian said:

If this is true, then wouldn’t a good coaching staff have recognized that the plan was not working by halftime and made appropriate adjustments in the second half?  Asking for a friend.....

Well after getting down 14-3 the staff made changes and forced 3 start punts including 2 3 and outs, and then forced them into a 4th and 5 on the first drive of the second half.

Unfortunately I think the TD on 4th down and then the fumble on our 4th down giving them the ball on our side of the field just shifted everything.

But if you look at the the Seahawks first  5 possessions in the game they should have punted on 4 of them.

Moore is annoying but honestly what have the Falcons done to deserve any praise or credit as a franchise? Our Franchise is only known for blowing spotlight games in the worst possible way and disappointing fans.

Yea you can make a career out of being a negative sports writers covering GA sports teams cause they all suck and all disappoint nearly every year. Here's a thing for people that want our team to be respected, they need to start winning actual big games and championships.

I'm more pissed that the Falcons played like crap then what T. Moore has to say. 

He has good points in this article regardless if the Falcons did some good things in this game......they lost because once again coaching and lack of adjustments. Been that way since the second half of the Superbowl.