For anyone who wants to know what its like to go though a Hurricane...

9 hours ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

This is so true.  We have 3 freezers and a regular refrigerator. We had started rotating them on the generator an hour each.  We were lucky and the power came back pretty quick but we had enough gas on hand for about a week.  

Good prepping.

I am in SW FL and our food was saved in the nick of time by a friend who had a generator and was not affected by the power outage when that hurricane came through here a couple-three years ago. Water stayed on, but had 50 Gal stored.

Cooking in a SunOven and coffee with a rocket stove...but we saved our refrigerated/frozen food.

Dammit, it is hot here without AC/fans!:tiphat:

5 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Good prepping.

I am in SW FL and our food was saved in the nick of time by a friend who had a generator and was not affected by the power outage when that hurricane came through here a couple-three years ago. Water stayed on, but had 50 Gal stored.

Cooking in a SunOven and coffee with a rocket stove...but we saved our refrigerated/frozen food.

Dammit, it is hot here without AC/fans!:tiphat:

While in college, I worked at one of the local grocery stores. We had all of the freezers go down one day. I walked into the breakroom to see all of the frozen food stock guys sitting down with about 200 frozen dinners stacked on anything that would hold them. They were microwaving them and eating them as fast as they could. It went downhill from there.....at least for them. :ninja:

2 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

While in college, I worked at one of the local grocery stores. We had all of the freezers go down one day. I walked into the breakroom to see all of the frozen food stock guys sitting down with about 200 frozen dinners stacked on anything that would hold them. They were microwaving them and eating them as fast as they could. It went downhill from there.....at least for them. :ninja:

About 15 years ago a major hurricane ripped through an area south of here.

The major, and minor, grocery stores ran out of diesel for their generators after a week. My company hauled tons of food to the landfill for days.

Horrible.

7 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

About 15 years ago a major hurricane ripped through an area south of here.

The major, and minor, grocery stores ran out of diesel for their generators after a week. My company hauled tons of food to the landfill for days.

Horrible.

Yup. It's BAD! 

I'm glad y'all are ok and have the generators to keep from losing your stuff. Last fall, I believe it was Nestor that came up through GA. We lost power for a week and all of our frozen stuff - Goob had no generator. Glad you're not a Goob.....

Just now, Goober Pyle said:

Yup. It's BAD! 

I'm glad y'all are ok and have the generators to keep from losing your stuff. Last fall, I believe it was Nestor that came up through GA. We lost power for a week and all of our frozen stuff - Goob had no generator. Glad you're not a Goob.....

I am a Goob. I had a friend who had a friend.......