For anyone who wants to know what its like to go though a Hurricane...

4 minutes ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

This is the view of my front yard as Hurricane Sally approached it got much worse later on but I was unable to film it as we retreated to deeper in the house. To keep it in TATF I will say Sally should have been named Takk: 

**** dude.  Hope you and yours were/are safe... 

12 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

@PensacolaFalconglad y’all are safe!

I’ve got a buddy who lives in Destin. They fared pretty well. What’s crazy is that here in the middle GA area, there’s been crazy flash flooding. I saw on the news that some townhomes and apartments on a local lake were flooded. 

Yea in some places it crazy we went up to a small town north of us called Brewton to see if the stations there had any gas and like 20 yards from the gas station the road was blocked by the police because the rest of the town was flooded by the local water way called "murder creek" 

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Glad to hear that you guys are ok.

Did you lose power?

My folks are in Foley and they may not have power for a week

We lost power about 8pm the night of the 15th it came back around 11pm but was gone about 2am. Luckily we had a generator to fill in the gaps. About 6pm on the 16th we got power back for good so we are really lucky I was really expecting to be with out for a couple of weeks like with Ivan. 

Hope your folks are ok and they get services returned soon, 

11 minutes ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

Yea in some places it crazy we went up to a small town north of us called Brewton to see if the stations there had any gas and like 20 yards from the gas station the road was blocked by the police because the rest of the town was flooded by the local water way called "murder creek" 

****....Brewton is out there so this storm was no joke

my folks have a small generator that they are using to keep the fridge and freezers going... hopefully by sister gets power soon so they can go stay with her.

1 hour ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

In the video it was 50-60 with higher gusts. It got up to 80-90 with higher gusts but we went to the center of the house by then. 

Honestly I’m from a place called windy wellington we call 50-60 yep that’s blowing but no one gets worried here until the winds hit 100-120 odd.

We get 50-60 a lot here.

100-120 starts removing roofs off houses blows boulders onto roads trees on roads and alike.

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Honestly I’m from a place called windy wellington we call 50-60 yep that’s blowing but no one gets worried here until the winds hit 100-120 odd.

We get 50-60 a lot here.

100-120 starts removing roofs off houses blows boulders onto roads trees on roads and alike.

You're probably talking kilometers/hr while everyone else is talking miles/hr though. 

Glad to hear you're safe OP. I'm from Florida and a lot of people over here don't take em seriously enough. 

51 minutes ago, 757falcons said:

I'm down in Pensacola near 9 mile we got major flooding around me luckily not at my house. I do have some down trees but I'll take it considering 

We used to live north of 9 mile on Chemstrand. The flooding in Pensacola is crazy I saw some images of graffiti bridge they were shocking. Between the flooding and barges floating around hitting every bridge around this one was almost as bad as Ivan. 

Just now, Tim Mazetti said:

That is perhaps the worst thing for many. Hundreds of dollars in food wasted, no A/C, fans etc.

This is so true.  We have 3 freezers and a regular refrigerator. We had started rotating them on the generator an hour each.  We were lucky and the power came back pretty quick but we had enough gas on hand for about a week.  

2 hours ago, Wolfensheim said:

You're probably talking kilometers/hr while everyone else is talking miles/hr though. 

Glad to hear you're safe OP. I'm from Florida and a lot of people over here don't take em seriously enough. 

Nope mph we get 50-60 mph winds round here frequently.It blows 120 mph here a couple of times a year during winter season.

Reason being our city is built between hills wind speed is accelerated.