• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always think everyone is overreacting when they say we should fire Quinn  after every loss. With that said, there is absolutely no reason for an entire team to have no clue about the rules of recove

He looked  pretty good for his first time pitching in a year. Looked real good the first 2 innings and struggled some in the 3rd. Definetly an upgrade over what we have been seeing behind Fried and An

So will AA get some praise for his Darnaud and Ozuna signing?

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Honestly, I’d have to look. Of course “success” is hard to define for backups.. Poole comes to mind, but like I said, I’d have to look

Let's make it easy and define success as playing in 8 or more games (half a season) with another team. That makes it easy and the number of guys that have done that is very small.

Edited by AUTiger7222
3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Let's make it easy and define success as playing in 8 or more games (half a season) with another team. That makes it easy and the number of guys that have done that is very small.

Well.. if you know the answer.. do you think that’s more of a testament of Dimitroff scouting or Quinn’s?

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Well.. if you know the answer.. do you think that’s more of a testament of Dimitroff scouting or Quinn’s?

Dimitroff is getting the type of players coaches tell him to get. We've run through coaches the defensive side of the ball like underwear under both Smitty and Quinn. There's been what some folks "myself included" thought were some talented players leave and they can't even make the roster other places. That says there's a lack of talent. But the coaches and scouting departments are the ones picking the players. Dimitroff is in charge of the scouting department that is where I place blame with Dimitroff.

And no, I don't know the exact number. But the only ones I can think of right off the top of my head that played somewhere else were Corey Peters, Brent Grimes, Brian Poole, John Abraham and Sean Weatherspoon. There's others too early to tell like Desmond Trufant, who got hurt in his first game with the Lions and missed yesterday's game as a result.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Dimitroff is getting the type of players coaches tell him to get. We've run through coaches the defensive side of the ball like underwear under both Smitty and Quinn. There's been what some folks "myself included" thought were some talented players leave and they can't even make the roster other places. That says there's a lack of talent. But the coaches and scouting departments are the ones picking the players. Dimitroff is in charge of the scouting department that is where I place blame with Dimitroff.

And no, I don't know the exact number. But the only ones I can think of right off the top of my head that played somewhere else were Corey Peters, Brent Grimes, Brian Poole, John Abraham and Sean Weatherspoon. There's others too early to tell like Desmond Trufant, who got hurt in his first game with the Lions and missed yesterday's game as a result.

Yea.. Devondre hasn’t looked bad either.. 

Personally I feel that’s the problem. Too many defensive guys getting the head coach position. Get an offensive mind in here and let him salivate over all he can do with what we have here. Give the defensive  side to your coordinator, FULLY. 

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Yea.. Devondre hasn’t looked bad either.. 

Personally I feel that’s the problem. Too many defensive guys getting the head coach position. Get an offensive mind in here and let him salivate over all he can do with what we have here. Give the defensive  side to your coordinator, FULLY. 

Totally agree!! Hire an offensive minded head coach and bring in a legit defensive coordinator and give him full reign over the defense. That's something we haven't had in forever. Dan Reeves was the last head coach we had that let the defense (Wade Phillips) do his own thing without interfering and not surprisingly that was the last time the Falcons defense was any good on a consistent basis.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Totally agree!! Hire an offensive minded head coach and bring in a legit defensive coordinator and give him full reign over the defense. That's something we haven't had in forever. Dan Reeves was the last head coach we had that let the defense (Wade Phillips) do his own thing without interfering and not surprisingly that was the last time the Falcons defense was any good on a consistent basis.

As with all well run organizations.. and businesses in general. Delegate but hold accountable.