Matt Ryan “It’s a long season”

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well....or maybe it could be that mindset of quickly putting an opening game loss behind him is one of reasons why he’s an nfl starting QB likely headed for the HOF while we’re just a bunch of silly f

What a bum. Should’ve traded him for Jake Locker when given the chance.    If Matt Ryan was a ‘leader’, he would’ve admitted that the sky is falling and the season is basically over. 

Posted Images

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Yep. Not bad for a guy with no "dog" in him. Dude can't get a break with coaching and defense, and since Turner only a couple years of run game support.

Posted this in the Quinn thread but yea...

Imagine if Matt had a defense worth a crap during his career here...

10 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

We'll win this week.

Stamped, double stamped, triple stamped, no antsie's, no quitsies!

The entire narrative in here will shift 180 degrees if we go down to Dallas and put a beat-down on the Cowgirls. People have them going deep in the play-offs. I'm not yet ready to agree with that assertion. I think we're a better team, but we'll see.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Well....or maybe it could be that mindset of quickly putting an opening game loss behind him is one of reasons why he’s an nfl starting QB likely headed for the HOF while we’re just a bunch of silly fans 3 days later still b!tching about that same loss? :ninja:

Edit: plus seriously, do you guys really believe any of the BS a player or coach says to media is how they really feel? LOL. 

I think there is a way to communicate urgency and accountability.  When Peyton Manning or Tom Brady take the ‘chill’ approach...it can be bought because they win 70-75% of the time.

That’s not the case here...honestly, I think this franchise has become too comfortable with losing.  No one ever really expresses REAL frustration.  It’s the same rote responses.

9 minutes ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

Matt Ryan doesn’t play defense. We can’t win giving up almost 40 points. 

Idk man. Maybe if it was flawless game and Ryan helped build a lead for once, we would have a lead and then could blame the defense if it happened to blow said lead. But, we will never know because we never have leads built and lose them with this kind of dog at CB.

Oh, QUARTERback. Sorry, I'm a little slow.

3 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I think there is a way to communicate urgency and accountability.  When Peyton Manning or Tom Brady take the ‘chill’ approach...it can be bought because they win 70-75% of the time.

That’s not the case here...honestly, I think this franchise has become too comfortable with losing.  No one ever really expresses REAL frustration.  It’s the same rote responses.

If you or anyone thinks Matt Ryan is "fine" with losing you're a **** fool! Nobody wants to win more than Matt Ryan. There's no freaking way anyone has watched this man lay it on the line for 12 years and think "geez, I wish he really cared."

You people want him to throw a fit in front of the media and make a total jerk out of himself so he becomes a YouTube video when that's the dumbest thing I've ever read. Go and look at all the coaches and players that had public meltdowns. What did they win? Nothing. They won nothing. There's a reason they won nothing!! But you can't understand that.

2 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I agree

Considering the Falcons are 53-60 in their last 113 games, this refrain is akin to ‘hear no evil, see no evil’

• 0-1 this year (.000)
  • 14-19 in our last 33 games (.394)
  • 53-60 in the last 7+ seasons (.469)

Not trending in the right direction here folks.

3 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I, for one, have faith the players listen to these interviews as the sole means to hold themselves accountable. Matt gotta start throwing dudes under the bus. Never seen this guy interview like a pro. Need some lack of composure and going off the handle. That'll teach these kids how to play cause i tell ya right now no coach can do their job.

Sunday will be huge. Beat the Cowboys and I believe we beat the Bears, Panthers twice, Broncos and maybe Lions and be  6-3 at the bye week. This is will be key this season as after the bye we have Bucs and Saints twice, and Chiefs. If we can then beat the Raiders and Chargers after the bye we have a chance at a winning record.

29 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:
  • 0-1 this year (.000)
  • 14-19 in our last 33 games (.394)
  • 53-60 in the last 7+ seasons (.469)

Not trending in the right direction here folks.

Preaching to the choir my friend. Who here defends Quinn outside of our fans who haven't been around long enough to see anyone else coach? 

3 hours ago, ROMERO said:

Yeah your wack takes make cringe. Ryan has the dog in him. Just never had the defense to help him win games. 

You using the word "wack" makes me cringe my guy. If Ryan had ANY DOG in him, he wouldn't have taken that **** sack in SUPERBOWL LI.

7 hours ago, jetpac said:

You using the word "wack" makes me cringe my guy. If Ryan had ANY DOG in him, he wouldn't have taken that **** sack in SUPERBOWL LI.

Dang dude I didnt know he had to play QB and protect himself in the process! SMH Ryan must have been the only one playing that day. The MVP on his own. FFS dude. 

Edited by ROMERO

The conversations they have internally means a lot more than what they say when forced to talk to the media.  I expect your typical vanilla, don't give them anything significant from these situations and that's what we got.

The reality is as long as DQ is here, we're stuck with an inconsistent, ill-prepared team.  Until he's gone, my suggestion is adjust expectations accordingly.  Every year we hear how talented the team is and every year we only see it in spurts.  

14 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It’s a short season. Better dwell on past games.

happy?

lol we still doing this...really? Keep looking for Illuminati from media scheduled interviews. I’d rather they never interview and just play lol

As much guff as I give Rico Allen...the way he responded in his postgame presser ‘I’m not looking to do this again all year to tell you the truth’...that’s an urgent response.  

Yes, he put in the ‘look at the film’ quotes and all that...but THIS is the type of response I wish we saw more of from our front line guys, not teachers pets.  It may be a small thing, but communicates situational awareness rather than the proverbial ‘we’ll get ‘me next time’ approach that really is just saying words you think should be said.

11 hours ago, jetpac said:

This is such a terrible take. Matt Ryan has some fleas for sure, but he definitely has that "dog" in him. I've been watching football for a LONG time, and he is absolutely one of the best competitors, and is 100% the toughest QB I've ever seen. Guy has gotten sacked a ton, and he just gets up and keeps going. 

If you're going to bang on Ryan for something, bang on him for under thrown deep balls to JJ, not calling an audible to run the ball late in the Super Bowl, etc. (At least call a time out and ask the coaching staff what the **** they were doing.)