43 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Whens the last time we outcoached any body ever since Kyle left? We're perpetually three steps behind.

Between Raheem saying we didnt prepare for the pass, and DK saying theyve never seen Jamal Adam's used that way, despite LOCAL PODCASTS calling out how good of a blitzer he is, we're in for a long season of terrible coaching.

I thought no preseason would help us bc DQ wastes it anyways, but instead we went out with preseason playcalling. Cant wait for it to take 10 games for us to be "ready."

Playoff game against the Rams I would say....wayyyy too long ago.

I was all aboard this team being sneaky good, the only thing they are sneaky good at is getting our hopes up just to drop the same crap product year after year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Raheem was right to think that way based on how the Seahawks were running the ball last year and years before. They were a running team thru and thru. BUT he also should’ve paid attention that Carroll

This is exactly what I've been saying. They just lined up to play with a vanilla defense and got lit up. They were too scared of the Seahawks run game. Flawed defensive game-plan.

Exactly. And Carroll is the kinda guy that will pay attention to the chatter. He’s also smart enough to know you can catch somebody off guard with no preseason. Quinn and the staff got out coached fir

14 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Come on ‘89, a HC job is to make adjustments. Quinn’s supposed to be a defense guy, he can’t let his DC go back out there 2nd half without adjusting to what Seahawks were eating us up on. 

I agree there is blame to go around... Notice I said solely on Quinn. We don’t have the luxury of knowing what Quinn did or didn’t tell Morris to do. 

1 hour ago, Gonobeast said:

Morris thinks that Chris Carson is a better play than Russell Wilson.  Playing Seattle, #1 job stop Wilson!  That's it!!

100%. These NFL coaches act like its freaking rocket science...SMDH Most people say he is a Top 3 QB, but let's focus on the RB. #Genius

Edited by Boise Falcon Fan
1 hour ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Playoff game against the Rams I would say....wayyyy too long ago.

I was all aboard this team being sneaky good, the only thing they are sneaky good at is getting our hopes up just to drop the same crap product year after year.

Last year vs saints in NO.

They took us lightly and they never adjusted to what we were doing.

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Last year vs saints in NO.

They took us lightly and they never adjusted to what we were doing.

I did forget about that game but I think that was more of a trap game than anything. I wouldnt say NO was outcoached but that they just assumed it would be a walk through. 

I guess it depends on the definition of outcoached?

Edited by DirtyBird2
7 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

I did forget about that game but I think that was more of a trap game than anything. I wouldnt say NO was outcoached but that they just assumed it would be a walk through. 

I guess it depends on the definition of outcoached?

Well we always complain about the falcons being unprepared....taking a team lightly is not being prepared.

But the saints never really adjusted and when they did ..we countered.

4 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Raheem was right to think that way based on how the Seahawks were running the ball last year and years before. They were a running team thru and thru. BUT he also should’ve paid attention that Carroll and wilson have been talking about featuring the passing game more. And before ppl jump down my throat the falcons went thru the same overhaul. For matts first 4 seasons we were a running team on turners shoulders. We changed the tune when DK became the OC and Julio was drafted. So we took the world by storm because the run heavy falcons all of a sudden was tossing the ball around the yard. The Seahawks might take the NFL by storm with that. They said before the game they studied last years game and other tape from last year. They had nothing on film that indicated the hawks would pass 35 times in a game they were winning from the start. So I give them a pass being caught off guard. But no pass if I see them ignore Zeke and focus on Dak and the passing game. We KNOW Dallas starts with Zeke. The game plan Morris had for Seattle IS the game plan we need for Dallas. 

Ok, I get the basic concept but c’mon. Really?

This isn’t directed at you but here goes:

A pass with the game plan. Fine...but the in game adjust gets no pass!

We did nothing to help our secondary after they clearly were not going to run the ball.

Coaching isn’t just what you game plan. it’s also adjusting in game.

But, it’s understanding their strengths AND YOUR weaknesses.

The Falcons weakness has been inconsistent or bad pass defense the past 2 years. The last game we played them we had 2 uncontested DK TD receptions in the RZ.

The secondary this year is younger with AJ as the CB1 and they acted like DK + Lockett would not test him or our coverages again after last years meeting?

Run defense wasn’t a big problem for us last year. They overprepared for an area that is ok and did nothing from game week to the end of the game to help the secondary. Major oversight.

Rant over.

3 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Whens the last time we outcoached any body ever since Kyle left? We're perpetually three steps behind.

Much as I'm kinda sick of this staff, this is flat out wrong. We have a few games every year where the staff outcoaches more talented teams. The Vikings came right out and said they used our gameplan to beat the Saints last year, and we beat the 49ers when we had no business even being competitive in that game. Bigger problem imho is in-game adjustments and consistency.

4 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So here we go again with the coaching nonsense.  How in the heck do you not have a plan for a passing attack & come in prepared only to stop the run??????????????????

That right there is unfathomable!  You should have several plans already in place to stop the fkg pass, my gawd man!

So holy cow batman, they fooled us again by passing the ball. Darn it!  LMAO!  Why the hail don't you just have the disguised alignments in place for pass or for run?  

Well lets see here... a team can either be trying to exploit you in TWO WAYS.  Run or Pass!  Are we running a nursery school here or something?

Well they will have to go into the Jerry Dome Sunday and be prepared to defend the run and pass because both can kill you.

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

I have the nagging suspicion that Sheffield's foot is going to be yet another Quinn-downplayed injury, much longer in duration than anyone is admitting.   

Man, I hope not. If Oliver keeps giving up Eli Apple type TDs either change the coverage or put Sheffield in...but ya looking like we thin. Blidi at RCB?

6 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Much as I'm kinda sick of this staff, this is flat out wrong. We have a few games every year where the staff outcoaches more talented teams. The Vikings came right out and said they used our gameplan to beat the Saints last year, and we beat the 49ers when we had no business even being competitive in that game. Bigger problem imho is in-game adjustments and consistency.

Yeah, this is what I don’t like when fans start being absolute.

We didn’t come into this season hoping the defense would be a strength for no reason. We knew there were questions; in particular the DBs, but we did have evidence Morris had made a tremendous impact helping the secondary primarily once he flipped to DC last year.

We kept Kyle’s little butt in check in SF last year and shut down Brees twice. Then, this offseason we added a big name among DB coaches in Whitt Jr.

Now, let’s see if they can do what Quinn failed to do...not only being the DC or coach of a problem unit, but getting things fixed quickly and having one off games rather than disaster stretches of games.

5 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So here we go again with the coaching nonsense.  How in the heck do you not have a plan for a passing attack & come in prepared only to stop the run??????????????????

That right there is unfathomable!  You should have several plans already in place to stop the fkg pass, my gawd man!

So holy cow batman, they fooled us again by passing the ball. Darn it!  LMAO!  Why the hail don't you just have the disguised alignments in place for pass or for run?  

Well lets see here... a team can either be trying to exploit you in TWO WAYS.  Run or Pass!  Are we running a nursery school here or something?

Watch Seattle's game plan for the last 40+ regular and post season games. They are one of the most predictable teams in the NFL week in and week out...until week 1 of this season.  Here is what the Seahawks do. 

1. Try to establish the run
  2. Avoid mistakes
  3. Play "not to lose" for 3 quarters
  4. Try to win in the 4th on big plays off of play action.
  5. Only "unleash" RW if playing from behind or trying to win late.

You can say that game planning to stop the run vs. this team is irresponsible. I actually think it was both responsible and correct. What I think was irresponsible was the inability of the Falcons staff to adjust in-game once Seattle revealed their slight of hand. 

Mike Tyson once said: "Everybody has a plan till they get punched in the mouth."  In the NFL what happens after you get punched in the mouth separates winners from losers. After this team got punched in the mouth with an unusual game plan (on both sides of the ball), this coaching staff elected to stay the course and become a punching bag. 

The good news is it is only one week. Let's see if they work better in real time this week. I doubt it, but I hope to see it. Maybe we can be the team come out and dictate things to the opponent this week. Wouldn't that be a novel approach?